• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Parasite Eve 3 is for Cell Phones WHAT THE ***ING **** SQUARE!? Thread

Dartastic

Final Fantasy 14 confirmed for NES! FF14 confirmed to last 14 years, with new ten minute chunks dispersed every 6 months! Each game to cost full price, confirmed!

Enk

makes good threads.
Lost Fragment said:
This is one of the most overwhelmingly spiteful threads I've seen on GAF :lol

That's what happens when you take a franchise a lot of people loved and just s**t out its long overdue sequel to platform not many people will play it on. Companies who don't treat their franchises with respect should get a backlash like this.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Enk said:
That's what happens when you take a franchise a lot of people loved and just s**t out its long overdue sequel to platform not many people will play it on. Companies who don't treat their franchises with respect should get a backlash like this.

Yeah, they totally deserve it.

usually in these types of threads, people flip out, and then there's another side that's defending whoever, and everyone ends up getting in a huge argument. Like, freaking everyone's on the same side here, though.

Avalon

Lost Fragment said:
Yeah, they totally deserve it.

usually in these types of threads, people flip out, and then there's another side that's defending whoever, and everyone ends up getting in a huge argument. Like, freaking everyone's on the same side here, though.

This is like the first game related topic I've seen on GAF where no one is trying to push an agenda and people are simply upset at not being able to play this game on an accessible platform.

Starfire

Behold...the power of the CELL!!!!!!

What are you doing Square?!

Seeing how long I've waited for any PE sequel, I should probably vent my rage more properly, but I gave up on a true PE sequel awhile ago anyway. I just don't understand this marketing strategy. I get polymorphic content and the like, but it seems as time goes by Squeenix seems less and less in touch with their userbase and key demographic.

trejo

Avalon said:
This is like the first game related topic I've seen on GAF where no one is trying to push an agenda and people are simply upset at not being able to play this game on an accessible platform.

So all it took was a ****tarded decision from SE to bring us all together in common pain?

Guys, I think this calls for a group hug.

I dunno who's working on this, but if it's Tokita's team, they might just not have enough clout within SE anymore to get the budget for a full-scale console game project. So I wouldn't necessarily put the blame on them.

ronito

Avalon said:
Well, to be fair, this is an insanely stupid decision. Not necessarily common place.

Gattsu25

Banned
Avalon said:
Not many Mobile Defense Force members awake at this hour

Xisiqomelir

Hunter D said:
I find it funny that square gives revives a decent series on cellphones, but won't throw the xbox a bone.

What's the DoCoMo subscriber base vs 360 install base in size, 300%? Plus, N3 and Enchanted Arms didn't exactly set the charts on fire.

Dartastic

Xisiqomelir said:
What's the DoCoMo subscriber base vs 360 install base in size, 300%? Plus, N3 and Enchanted Arms didn't exactly set the charts on fire.

N3 and Enchanted Arms weren't exactly good games, either. There's a reason they didn't do well.

R-User!

cicerone said:
closed07editedmz5.jpg

Is she married?

Will you be playing this in Japan on a cellphone?

If not, then why the **** do you care? :mad:
i'm sorry.

Xisiqomelir

Dartastic said:
N3 and Enchanted Arms weren't exactly good games, either. There's a reason they didn't do well.

DOA is horrible and managed to sell okay. That gave Sega hope for VF5. If Blue Dragon doesn't die horribly in America, then maybe Wada will greenlight more 360 projects.

There'd better be some media outlet (EGM, Gamespot, etc) that presses SE on just why in the hell they decided on a cell phone for the release platform. There's some serious explaining to do.

ManaByte

Gold Member
R-User! said:

i'm sorry.

FFVII Before Crisis came out in the US on Verizon phones, so it's possible this will too.

Gibbo

Guy Guys...

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. I'm sure SE has something brilliant up their sleeves. I'm sure it will work out something like this.

When you start the game on your cellphone, you cellphone rings. You pick it up. Theres this guy on the other side that is panting heavily, saying something like... they are after me man. Meet me at 'insert place' . I've gotta pass you something. Then the call ends. With a voice saying "Parasite Eve 3. Coming to Consoles in "Insert date"". The real game is released 3 months later on the PS3/Xbox360.

I mean...this is the only possible explanation that I can think of. A game of this caliber on a cellphone seems pretty much absurd. SE wouldnt be so dumb as to do it right?

Right?

Skilletor

Well...I'm kind of happy they ARE making a new PE game. It sucks that I can't play it, but that means that they can make others, ya know? I thought that they wouldn't ever make another one because of licensing issues or whatever. Now, I have hope.

Still bitter, though. :mad:

Alex

This is absolutely nothing like the DQIX announcement. Some of you people are so warped.

I mean, hell, I bitched about DQIX, I'd rather it be on a console simply due to what it is but I'll still happily take it on the DS.

What do the majority of us own? The DS, it's a popular, normal-esque gaming platform.

What do almost none of us living in the US own? A ****ing game playing cellphone. Will this shit even come out in the US, period?

I guess it could be the same if you're just a stupid twit who gets off on arguing over this shit rather than playing it. Burn in hell, Square. I liked Parasite Eve and even it's Resident Evil knockoff sequel a lot.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Well...I'm kind of happy they ARE making a new PE game. It sucks that I can't play it, but that means that they can make others, ya know? I thought that they wouldn't ever make another one because of licensing issues or whatever. Now, I have hope.

I'm sorta thinking that the story (if there is one) won't be anything like the stories in the previous games because of that.

I don't think "Parasite Eve" is in the title of this game officially, even. All I see is "The 3rd Birthday" and the number 3.

C.T.

I remember guys saying that japanese developer have to be more western focused, but still I can't see anything of that...

Just how powerful are the latest JPN mobile phones. I've been hearing rumblings that FF13 Agito's graphics are as good as FF12?! That must be complete bullshit, NO WAY IS THAT POSSIBLE!!!

NO WAY IS THAT POSSIBLE!!!

Just how powerful are the latest JPN mobile phones. I've been hearing rumblings that FF13 Agito's graphics are as good as FF12?! That must be complete bullshit, NO WAY IS THAT POSSIBLE!!!

I don't think the word was that the graphic quality was comparable to FF12, just that the style of graphics and gameplay was reminiscent of FF12. Nowadays Japanese cell phones are at or above PS1/DS level, though.

Aggelos

R-User! said:

i'm sorry.

:lol being totally pragmatist! I'm with you. Ignorance FTW!

When you start the game on your cellphone, you cellphone rings. You pick it up. Theres this guy on the other side that is panting heavily, saying something like... they are after me man. Meet me at 'insert place' . I've gotta pass you something. Then the call ends. With a voice saying "Parasite Eve 3. Coming to Consoles in "Insert date"". The real game is released 3 months later on the PS3/Xbox360.
I mean...this is the only possible explanation that I can think of. A game of this caliber on a cellphone seems pretty much absurd. SE wouldnt be so dumb as to do it right?

If PE3 comes out on PS3/Xbox360 why would they even bother to release it first on Cell Phones? it doesn't make sense......
I really can't tell if SE is imbecile-dimwitted, but as people stated in here this decision of SE is absurd!!
Personally it destroyed my day, because I happen to be a fan of PE series & I really wanted to see a sequel someday (especially on this gen i.e. PS3, as there was no announcement for PS2 back then)......

Spoo

Yeah, it's pretty sad. The next thing you know Snatcher will come back in the form of a Japanese radio drama :lol

Oh wait..

Dascu

Spoo said:
Yeah, it's pretty sad. The next thing you know Snatcher will come back in the form of a Japanese radio drama :lol

Oh wait..

Yeah, but it's apparently part of a larger Snatcher revival project. I'm fairly certain we'll see Snatcher and/or a sequel show up in a "true videogame" format for handheld or console.

Luken

So Parasite Eve 3 will never come to the PS3? :(

Square Enix still can make a port of Parasite Eve 3 for the PS3. That would be awesome.:)

Spoo

Luken said:
Square Enix still can make a port of Parasite Eve 3 for the PS3. That would be awesome.:)

I dunno if the Cell can handle that, man.

But seriously, we can only hope that - as has been said - this is some sort of way for SE to test the waters so-to-speak for other releases.

But damn, couldn't they have tested the waters with, like, a psp/ds game or something?

omg rite said:
on at least the Wii.

sure to delight the fanboys...

agreed though to a point, this is miserable news. There ar eno dedicated cell phone gamers, in that, gamers that would be upset if the game was released on a console and ported down to the cell phone platform.

Fadedsun

Square is ****ing useless. What is this BS?! Someone go smack the guy in the face that even thought of putting this on cellphones. And **** cellphones for even having enough power to run a game like this.

Top Bottom