• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Parasite Eve 3 is for Cell Phones WHAT THE ***ING **** SQUARE!? Thread

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
BSTF said:
I don't really know, but it doesn't seem like bandwidth would be a huge issue.

I'm not talking about bandwidth, I'm talking about infrastructure. US cell phone infrastructure differs GREATLY from Japanese infrastructure. FOMA doesn't have much of a reason to branch to the US at this time.

Enk

makes good threads.
Hey Square why don't you bring Actraiser 3 to the Commodore 64 while your at it. Makes perfect sense to bring your once mature, high profile, PSone game back from the grave and make the sequel for something a majority of the fans overseas wil not be able to play it on. Ugh...this makes me sad.

sadkittyan5.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Well, if nothing else, "The 3rd Birthday" has been trademarked in North America. SE has trademarked a lot of other things that never made it over here, too, but it at least shows that it's in the back of their heads.

[Nintex]

wtf is Square Enix doing. This "party" seems to be more like a weep fest except for Last Remnant and the new FF(go figure wich one...) ah well we'd probably get a dozen of spinn-offs from this game as well.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
[Nintex] said:
wtf is Square Enix doing. This "party" seems to be more like a weep fest except for Last Remnant and the new FF(go figure wich one...) ah well we'd probably get a dozen of spinn-offs from this game as well.

Well, SE did announce Before Crisis before any of its other FFVII spin-offs. Well, besides Advent Children.

Meh. :(

Holtz

Dartastic said:
In this case, I'd almost say it isn't better at all... = (
I don't know, for me it's almost worse. There will be a PE3 game out there, but most of the fanbase will never get to play it. It's worse because you know it's out there taunting you, and you just can't have it. :(

Dartastic

Holtz said:
I don't know, for me it's almost worse. There will be a PE3 game out there, but most of the fanbase will never get to play it. It's worse because you know it's out there taunting you, and you just can't have it. :(

This at least shows that Square hasn't forgotten the franchise. Hopefully, we'll get a proper sequel. I know what we need to do. START A PETITION!

I kiiiiiiiiid, I kiiiiiiiiiid!

schild

I've been thumbing through a dictionary trying to find a word or phrase that describes my anger with Square. Someone needs to deliver a Bomb Ring to their offices.

Well, I rarely pass up a chance to say how much I loved PE1 and especially PE2...so might as well follow up by saying flatly that this news sucks.

ronito

Square's been going downhill for me on a bullet train lately with having a FF spinoff every five weeks and umpteen remakes, so many remakes we have remakes of remakes. They gained some points with the whole Last Remnant thing, then lost it by the director and the supposed gameplay. But this PE3 thing was really the last straw. I'll continue being an Enix fanboy but I've already mailed back my official Square fanboy badge. From now on they'll have to prove themselves just like any other company.

le.phat

PE was a decent game, and 'tis a shame that squeenix train of shit ideas isn't showing any signs of slowing down, but the way some of you queens overreact, that's the real tragedy of it all :lol

ronito said:
Square's been going downhill for me on a bullet train lately with having a FF spinoff every five weeks and umpteen remakes, so many remakes we have remakes of remakes. They gained some points with the whole Last Remnant thing, then lost it by the director and the supposed gameplay. But this PE3 thing was really the last straw. I'll continue being an Enix fanboy but I've already mailed back my official Square fanboy badge. From now on they'll have to prove themselves just like any other company.
Whats so great about Enix? Don't they do the same thing and aren't their excs the one responsible for this?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
ARGHH!

dammit why Square0-Enix WHY! dammit

edit: those motha****as are blowing it hard

SQUARE-ENIX THIS IS FOR YOU!

6bmqdck.gif

ronito

Rahxephon91 said:
Whats so great about Enix? Don't they do the same thing and aren't their excs the one responsible for this?
I can't fault a company that provided me with Radiata Stories, DQVIII and Valkyrie Profile 2 last gen. Say what you will about Enix, at least their games are solid. Wish I could say the same for Square.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I think the most irritating thing for me is not that's it's on cell phones, but the fact that it's ONLY on DoCoMo FOMA.

I'm on au WIN you assholes! Port it over! You put Front Mission Mobile on au WIN! How about a little PE love as well!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Y2Kev said:
If it's a cellphone game, odds are you're not going to WANT to play it anyway. You just will want to know the story.

Ethelred is the designated player of shitty PSP rpgs, clearly he can just take this assignment, go to Japan, play, and then summarize for us. Someone will stand over his shoulder and translate.

Or we could save ethel a ticket, and I could just switch from au to DoCoMo and play the potentially god awful game for all of you.

What the hell?

What the HELL?

WHAT THE HELL?!!

Y-YOU BITCHES...YOU MOTHERF*CKIN' SONS OF BITCHES!!

Why?

Why Square Enix?

Why must to do this to your fans like Shaq is doing to this man?

owned-shaq.jpg

Pachael

And out of all the XIII games I'm most interested in Agito and that gets the mobile phone treatment !@#% so add me to the bitchin' list.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Square knows how to kill their fanbase. Thank God Nintendo develops for their systems only, because I couldn´t handle 5 systems to play their games.

Square Enix is retarded.

Aya, we love you!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Duderz said:
You know what Square, I really don't want to see Vagrant Story or Chrono revisited after all!

good call. they've proven with the whole world of mana project and the extensions of the ffvii universe that they know how to ruin a sure thing. let sleeping dogs lie, i say.

Hunter D

I find it funny that square gives revives a decent series on cellphones, but won't throw the xbox a bone. At this rate the SNES will get a game from one of their more popular franchises before the 360 does.

Brofist

thetrin said:
Or we could save ethel a ticket, and I could just switch from au to DoCoMo and play the potentially god awful game for all of you.

I use SoftBank, I'm damn near trading in my 910SH for a new DoCoMo contract myself ;)

Top Bottom