• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Parasite Eve 3 is for Cell Phones WHAT THE ***ING **** SQUARE!? Thread

Dartastic

I don't think I've ever gotten and lost an erection faster than when I saw the news on this game. Seriously. This is how dreams die.

Zenith

Banned
plank said:
iphone_2.jpg

Maybe theres hope.

People complain about spending $600 to have the ability to play MGS4, you're expecting them to pay $600 to play PE3 Mobile.

Zenith

Banned
I'd rather have a game like this developed on just about any actual gaming machine over cell phones.

I'd rather have a game like this developed on a machine that was designed for gaming full stop.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
RiskyChris said:
Why, why does Square hate money?

Heh, they'll make money off of this. The Japanese market will snap it up for sure, and it probably won't cost much to develop, comparitively.

Someone made a good point earlier about how SE might be "testing the waters." Parasite Eve did well on the PlayStation (the 2nd one bombed though, didn't it?) but it's not an IP that's been proven in today's world. They might be looking to see if there's enough interest in this before making a full-fledged console game.

But maybe I'm just trying to cling to any shred of hope I can :(

Dartastic

Lost Fragment said:
Heh, they'll make money off of this. The Japanese market will snap it up for sure, and it probably won't cost much to develop, comparitively.

Someone made a good point earlier about how SE might be "testing the waters." Parasite Eve did well on the PlayStation (the 2nd one bombed though, didn't it?) but it's not an IP that's been proven in today's world. They might be looking to see if there's enough interest in this before making a full-fledged console game.[/b}

But maybe I'm just trying to cling to any shred of hope I can :(

I wish this was the case. The thing is, if they were going to do this, I would expect SE to make some sort of a side story, and not a full fledged sequel. I somehow doubt that it's them "testing the waters."

Please, PLEASE be testing the waters. BRING ME MY AYA BACKKKKKKK!

Yixian

Banned
Of all games to go mobile though, Parasite Eve? I mean... it's a survival horror... wtf?! How are you suppoed to be scared by miniscule images and tinny sound?

Dascu

Yixian said:
Of all games to go mobile though, Parasite Eve? I mean... it's a survival horror... wtf?! How are you suppoed to be scared by miniscule images and tinny sound?
The announcement alone already scared dozens of NeoGAF posters.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yixian said:

Maybe the game's about mitochondria trying to molest her in a dark Japanese subway.

Big-E

Just heard about this now and I am in pain. Hopefully the Japanese buy a ton of it so that Square gets the idea that a next gen Parasite Eve would be a worthy undertaking.

Chris Michael said:
what? no, no, no.

I love how Aya is pointing a gun to her mouth. :lol

Perhaps the team that's making this is just as disappointed that its going to be on cell phones.

"Hey guys! I got great news."

"Whats up boss"

"Our next project is...are you ready for this...Parasite Eve 3..."

"Awesome!"

"...for cell phones"

"Wha?"

Lost Fragment said:
Maybe the game's about mitochondria trying to molest her in a dark Japanese subway.

S-E's version of Spore.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yixian said:

maybe its a visual novel?, has the genre been announced?

Holtz

Big-E said:
Just heard about this now and I am in pain. Hopefully the Japanese buy a ton of it so that Square gets the idea that a next gen Parasite Eve would be a worthy undertaking.
Wouldn't they just make PE4 for ****ing cell phones also? :(

Big-E

Holtz said:
Wouldn't they just make PE4 for ****ing cell phones also? :(

I was just trying to turn a negative into a positive though you are probably right. I actually hope now that they leave Vagrant Story alone.

It is amazing. Somehow Square managed to not just piss off Longtime Sony Fans who enjoyed the franchise, or Nintendo fans who feel its their god given right to get every game announced from Japan on the DS/Wii, but both collectively in one single announcement.

Its pretty impressive

Snaku

Banned
teruterubozu said:
Square hates their fans.

FFVII remake? **** you
Vagrant Story sequel? **** you
Parasite Eve sequel? Here's a shitty phone game.

You forgot 10 years of FFXIII. At first I thought that meant 10 years of FFXIII spin-offs and sequels, but now I realize it'll be 10 years before we actually get to play FFXIII. :(

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
gketter said:
It is amazing. Somehow Square managed to not just piss off Longtime Sony Fans who enjoyed the franchise, or Nintendo fans who feel its their god given right to get every game announced from Japan on the DS/Wii, but both collectively in one single announcement.

Its pretty impressive

Yeah, I mean they pissed of Nintendo fans hoping for the second revival of the SNES and they pissed of Sony fans hoping for the revival of the Playstation 1.

In the end, everyone lost.

:lol

this isnt really shocking. its pretty apparent portable gaming is eclipsing home consoles. definitely in japan anyway

i personally could care less for PE but for fans this could be a good thing; if it sells well it could give s-e incentive to develop a home console sequel/spinoff. and they'd need good incentive because a next gen PE wouldnt be cheap

Aeris130

I'm not really up to date on cellphone gaming. How powerful (in terms of running games) should your average cellphone be considered compared to DS or PSP?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
My Arms Your Hearse said:
I can only hope some of the people whining about this gaming being on Mobile were the ones most vigorously defending DQIX switching to DS.

Totally different situation there.

Lost Fragment said:
Totally different situation there.

I disagree. Like the DS, there is nothing substantive that a cell phone can offer to make up for the fact that the game would inherently be better on a console. Or how degrading it is to have a mainline title in your console franchise on a portable. My fingers are cramping and my eyes are already strained!

Snaku

Banned
I can only hope some of the people whining about this game being on Mobile were the ones most vigorously defending DQIX switching to DS.

I was one, and as many have said already, this is a completely different situation. DQIX will come to America. PE3 will not.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
JDSN said:
They should give those to the Parasite eve fans.

No amount of gold ingot shaped tissue boxes can't explain my bitterness towards making Parasite Eve 3 a Cell Phone game. They should at least put it on the PSP.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I disagree. Like the DS, there is nothing substantive that a cell phone can offer to make up for the fact that the game would inherently be better on a console. Or how degrading it is to have a mainline title in your console franchise on a portable. My fingers are cramping and my eyes are already strained!

Difference being that this has no chance of being localized. People would still be bitching, like they did in the DQIX thread, but at least everyone will be able to play that shit.

I'd definitely prefer a console PE over a handheld PE, but I wouldn't care too much if I could play it since Japanese cell phones make the iPhone look like nothing.

Pimpwerx

Wow! Vagrant Story 2 dodged a bullet there. ;) I will maim and kill if they put VS on cell phones. I'd swallow my pride if a DS version came out. PEACE.

Well, Square has officially killed every franchise of their's that I cared about aside from Chrono Trigger.

CHRONO 3 FOR VIRTUAL BOY CONFIRM!

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Lost Fragment said:
Difference being that this has no chance of being localized. People would still be bitching, like they did in the DQIX thread, but at least everyone will be able to play that shit.

I'd definitely prefer a console PE over a handheld PE, but I wouldn't care too much if I could play it since Japanese cell phones make the iPhone look like nothing.

Has SE confirmed that it won't make it to the US?

They were intrested in bringing over FF7 Spinoff here, don't see why they wouldn't consider it.

And since SE has announced so many ports and remakes, it's not out of the question to bring it to another platform.

Aggelos

gketter said:
RIP PE franchise :(

After this, if I see something like Dino Crisis 4/ZOE3 on Cell-phones, then I'm going to jump from the roof!!!
From me too: RIP PE. My sincere condolences to all the PE fans....

This is preposterous/outrageous/absurd!! This can't be happenin' man! This isn't happenin' man! Somebody please bomb SE!

u_neek

Bet it's gonna be super scary playing a pixelated Parasite Eve game on the Metro on my way to work. :rolleyes:

Damn, Square Enix - even a Wii sequel would have been okay with me. A true next-gen version would have been sexy as hell though.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
BSTF said:
Has SE confirmed that it won't make it to the US?

They were intrested in bringing over FF7 Spinoff here, don't see why they wouldn't consider it.

And since SE has announced so many ports and remakes, it's not out of the question to bring it to another platform.

I think the big problem is that Japan's cell phone infrastructure is by far the most advanced in the world, and there's nothing in the US like it. I'm pretty sure that the game will only work on the FOMA phones, and that FOMA would have to set up base in the US for it to happen.

A port's possible, I guess, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Aggelos

omg rite said:
So after what, 7 years, Square has finally announced Parasite Eve 3. Probably the second most "ignored Square franchise sequel" behind Chrono 3.

And it's for cell phones.

jackcrymid.gif

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Lost Fragment said:
I think the big problem is that Japan's cell phone infrastructure is by far the most advanced in the world, and there's nothing in the US like it. I'm pretty sure that the game will only work on the FOMA phones, and that FOMA would have to set up base in the US for it to happen.

A port's possible, I guess, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I don't really know, but it doesn't seem like bandwidth would be a huge issue.

Top Bottom