• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Ryn

You're getting the red 360 with 120GB drive, a red controller, black headset, HDMI, component, and Ethernet cables, a download code for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, RE 5, and... the standard Xbox power supply

Holy shit loaded box.

Sooo is anyone else's Gamestop having a... can't believe I'm gonna type this... a zombie costume contest at the midnight launch? Definitely taking my camera for photographic evidence of potential insanity.

xfactor

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
Yeah getting this game either tomorrow or wednesday:D

wednesday is 4th isn't it? where store you getting the game from?

i'm looking to get the RE5/360 asia bundle but i have no luck locating a store which's getting it. gamescore told me they don't stock it :(

cvxfreak

Ah. I'm going to Singapore in August so by then I will have enough money to procure another RE5 bundle. Hopefully it'll still be around then! Good luck finding yours too! :)

My Resident Evil 5 [Limited Edition] (Asia, NTSC J) preorder from Play-Asia is now on Preparing order and they already charged my credit card for it, I hope they can ship it at least one day before the official release date :D . The game is almost here, can`t wait.

cvxfreak

rockman zx said:
My Resident Evil 5 [Limited Edition] (Asia, NTSC J) preorder from Play-Asia is now on Preparing order and they already charged my credit card for it, I hope they can ship it at least one day before the official release date :D . The game is almost here, can`t wait.

MINE TOO! YEAH! :D :D :D

xfactor

Banned
It states that the 360/RE5 bundle have limited stocks, so I am not sure if you'll still be able to find it in August.

I've received an email from a store stating that they'll bring in the RE5/360 Asia bundle on the 5th. Its exactly 3 days away! :D

Tenbatsu

xfactor said:
It states that the 360/RE5 bundle have limited stocks, so I am not sure if you'll still be able to find it in August.

I've received an email from a store stating that they'll bring in the RE5/360 Asia bundle on the 5th. Its exactly 3 days away! :D
Singapore gets asia PS3 games pretty fast:D I mostly get from Funz, if not Clementi.

I really hope Amazon starts offering Release-Date delivery on RE5. I was planning on going with Amazon for the CE but after realizing its a Friday release, without that delivery option, I won't be able to get it before the weekend which is a definite no-no.

I tried out RE4 real quick yesterday, first time playing it since the RE5 demo came out. I was surprised at how different the game feels, its faster, the view is far wider, Leon is almost centered on the screen unlike chris.

One little thing that I never appreciated was how the enemies in RE4 tell you if they are behind you. Its proof that mikami thought of everything with RE4. How do you handle not being able to see behind you, well have the enemies mention that they are behind you, its such a helpful feature. From the RE5 demo I dont hear the enemies doing anything like that, or maybe I just dont understand that.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm... to any Aussie who has bought from Play-Asia before: if I order the Asian version from Play-Asia, with Fed-Ex delivery, what are my chances of getting the game by Friday (I live in Victoria)?

I'd be nice to have the game to play over the long weekend.

senahorse

Rez said:
Hmm... to any Aussie who has bought from Play-Asia before: if I order the Asian version from Play-Asia, with Fed-Ex delivery, what are my chances of getting the game by Friday (I live in Victoria)?

Pretty good if they ship it straight away, I have had stuff within 3 days a number of times from them before, Brisbane here.

Ok GAF, I have three options as to how I can play this game and I can't figure out which one to choose.

A. Borrow my friend's 360 for a week and rent/buy and immediately sell RE5.

B. Buy a PS3 and this game. I'm gonna need a PS3 for MLB 09 and GoW3 anyway.

C. Wait a few months until the awesomesauce PC version is released.

senahorse

pizzaguysrevenge said:
Ok GAF, I have three options as to how I can play this game and I can't figure out which one to choose.

All of the bolded :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
x3n05 said:
Pretty good if they ship it straight away, I have had stuff within 3 days a number of times from them before, Brisbane here.
Thanks. :)

If it isn't shipped by Thursday I'll cancel it.

pizzaguysrevenge said:

There could be a PS3 price drop soon, I'd wait to see if that pans out in the next month.

Alternatively, borrow the 360, rent the game, and then buy the inevitable awesome sauce PC version.

SMZC said:
I don't know. To me, the village chapters are by far the best part of the game. I still wish there were more parts in the game like those were you have to come into houses and block every entrance to keep the infected from coming in. Those are by far my favorite parts of RE4.

I also like the atmosphere in the village portion of the game far more than both the castle and the island.

Not to say the rest of the game and situations aren't top notch, though. RE4 is as good as action games get, from beginning to end.
It

Nemesis_

Rez said:
Thanks. :)

If it isn't shipped by Thursday I'll cancel it.

There could be a PS3 price drop soon, I'd wait to see if that pans out in the next month.

Alternatively, borrow the 360, rent the game, and then buy the inevitable awesome sauce PC version.
In previous experience, UPS shipped to Western Australia took 2-3 days.

But Silent Hill Homecoming never arrived. :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Nemesis556 said:
In previous experience, UPS shipped to Western Australia took 2-3 days.

But Silent Hill Homecoming never arrived. :lol
I still haven't played Homecoming, I really ought to. :lol

So my order is being "prepared". Here's hoping they send it soonish, so it gets here on time (I went with UPS). Do they usually send prior to the date?

gantz85

Banned
My friend and I hated the controls enough to put RE5 off as a possible purchase,

but,

we played the demo co-op, both offline and (more importantly) online and

you win Capcom, we buying itz.

Feindflug

Rez said:

I just pre-ordered the Asian LE version from Play-Asia, I guess it will arrive in a week so (Athens here) no RE5 weekend for me. :/

Umm also anyone know if the asian version is region-free? because if it's not I'll also have to get the regular PAL version..I hope that's not the case. :p

bomb_jack

Feindflug said:
Umm also anyone know if the asian version is region-free? because if it's not I'll also have to get the regular PAL version..I hope that's not the case. :p

I just e-mailed PA to find out. Fingers crossed because the asian version of Street Fighter 4 was region free.

Nemesis_

bomb_jack said:
I just e-mailed PA to find out. Fingers crossed because the asian version of Street Fighter 4 was region free.
As long as it's not the Japanese release (IE. BIOHAZARD 5) you should be fine.

Does preparing order mean it'll be sent out tomorrow?

glaurung

Sorry, if this has been discussed already, but I stumbled across the demo version's graphics comparison between the PS3 and 360 editions. This comparison scene PS3/360 puzzles me the most.

Since I own both consoles, but am rather keen on stuffing the 360 back in its box and shoving it under the bed, I was planning on getting the PS3 version, but after having seen the pictures linked above, I became rather intrigued.

Has it been confirmed that the texture sharpness issue is resolved in the final retail version or not?

Rez said:
I still haven't played Homecoming, I really ought to. :lol

yeah, you really ought to.

then again this message is brought to you by the resident GAF Homecoming supporter to the depths of hell, and there are very few people who thinks the game is as good as I do. :lol

Nemesis_

brandonh83 said:
yeah, you really ought to.

then again this message is brought to you by the resident GAF Homecoming supporter to the depths of hell, and there are very few people who thinks the game is as good as I do. :lol
It's good, just not that good >_>

JudgeN

pizzaguysrevenge said:

This is your option, PS3 isn't getting a price drop anytime this year. And you can buy some of the other nice PS3 game too (When you have money again).

pick up Killzone 2 and valkyria chronicles, they will both love you long time

Daigoro

i played the crap out of the demo again tis weekend with random folks.

lots of fun.

less than two weeks to go! :D

VaLiancY said:
I hope we get to free a captured lion or hyena in RE5.

:lol

Daigoro

ive said it before, but since i missed the conversation over the weekend, ill say it again.

Type D.

represent.

1UP said:
Jun Takeuchi Is No Liar: When RE5's producer assured us that this game had learned from RE4's mistakes, and wouldn't go on and on and on just for the sake of proving that Capcom could make a long Resident Evil game, well, he was being honest. RE5 is not a short game, especially when compared to earlier entries in the series. But it's a more concise experience than RE4's unnecessarily lengthy 30-hour gunfest (remember the castles? Yeah you do). "

good.

i agree 1000% about RE4's length, and i love the game.

SMZC

What's wrong with RE4's castles? If anything, I think most of the island is what feels out of place. Too much action, too little atmosphere, and not enough variety of situations, except for maybe the Regenerators (and even so, at some point they start to overuse them).

1st off, epic fucking OP

2nd, I wasn't planning on getting this game launch

3rd, I'm now planning on getting this game at launch. I need a SP experience with a good story and this seems to be it.

EDIT: can someone do a quick recap of the story for RE4? This will be the first RE game I finish (4 was fun but stopped caring after a while). Does the game follow after RE4?

Duck Amuck said:
That's what I was thinking. If anything, the Island, especially the warehouse parts, are some of the most atmospheric areas in the series; it's at the very least one of the creepiest areas. As for gameplay variety, I don't know. A lot of stuff happened, and new enemies were introduced that required new and unique strategies (like the Iron Maidens and the army of enemies you have to take out with Mike).

So pumped for RE5! I bought Left 4 Dead to hold me over (actually, my friend practically bought it for me, he gave me $25 worth in bottle returns, and the game was on sale for $40). Unfortunately, my gold account ran out, not I have to buy a new LIVE subscription and RE5 itself with virtually no money.

the Regenerator parts in RE4 are the best in the game, at least when it comes to capturing that good ol' RE feel. I loved the village and the farm locations at night with that horribly eerie music, but the Regenerators sold it for me. fuck those things.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
In my humble opinion, every area of RE4 is better than the last. Each area contrasted the one before it so well; the Island was a brilliant climax.

Oh and I canceled my Play Asia order. I want to actually walk into a store and buy this one, with a group of mates, and then go home and play it with them. :D

Dyno

Regarding weapons: is the list as varied as RE4 or limited to what the OP listed?

More than anything I'm curious about the inventory. Do we get just the nine squares as seen in the demo or is there another place to store excess items.

The suitcase in RE4, while a bit preposterous, was a great part of the game. I hope inventory management and weapon upgrades are as present as RE4.

USD

Dyno said:
Regarding weapons: is the list as varied as RE4 or limited to what the OP listed?

More than anything I'm curious about the inventory. Do we get just the nine squares as seen in the demo or is there another place to store excess items.

The suitcase in RE4, while a bit preposterous, was a great part of the game. I hope inventory management and weapon upgrades are as present as RE4.
There are certainly a lot more weapons in the game (the MP5 in the demo for example). He just has the weapons on the website listed.

The old inventory system is out, in favor of one manageable in real time. Weapon upgrades are still in the game, from what I've heard all upgrades are done in between chapter sections.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dyno said:

I haven't seen the full weapon list, but there is sure to be far more than those listed in the OP.

As far as inventory goes, you have the 3x3 grid, then in between chapters, you can access a storage case where you can deposit and withdraw weapons (like the safe in Dead Space). So at the beginning of each chapter you can choose what weapons and items you want to tackle it with.

Dyno

Rez said:
I haven't seen the full weapon list, but there is sure to be far more than those listed in the OP.

As far as inventory goes, you have the 3x3 grid, then in between chapters, you can access a storage case where you can deposit and withdraw weapons (like the safe in Dead Space). So at the beginning of each chapter you can choose what weapons and items you want to tackle it with.

THAT WORKS! Thanks!

Snaku

Banned
brandonh83 said:
the Regenerator parts in RE4 are the best in the game, at least when it comes to capturing that good ol' RE feel. I loved the village and the farm locations at night with that horribly eerie music, but the Regenerators sold it for me. fuck those things.

Agreed.

Top Bottom