• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official 'What Developers Have to Say about the Revolution' Thread

Snow

Gamasutra published this article today. Mostly surounding comments about the controller, but still interesting. It even has a comment by a SCEA guy in it. :)

Kon Tiki

Banned
The obvious answer is first-person shooters, but I think that the question almost misses the point. Trying to shoehorn existing genres into the controller concept is not the exciting part of the new system, although I don't doubt we'll see some excellent interpretations of things like RTS games. To me, the promise of the new controller is that it allows new types of games. The question that should be asked is not "How can we do what we've been doing on this controller?" but rather "What does this controller allow that was not possible or not elegant previously?" Much like the DS games that would not have been enjoyable on any other system, I'm looking forward to the games that can only exist on Revolution.
-Johnnemann Nordhagen, SCEA

I hope he gets fired. Traitor.

I'm not exactly sure of genre, but considering that two remotes can be used simultaneously, if there were some kind of headstrap for one, you could have it register player's head movements, such as nodding for yes and shaking for no... so perhaps some form of adventure genre... the good old point & click adventure genre could really do with a come-back.
-Michael Lander, Fraxyl Design

A camera retinal scanning camera would be a better idea. Can Eyetoy2 be strapped to ones face?

Snow said:
Gamasutra published this article today. Mostly surounding comments about the controller, but still interesting. It even has a comment by a SCEA guy in it. :)

Let me resume the article for ya: LUCASARTS, get on the revolution bandwagon, and give us a lightsaber game, NOW...

Top Bottom