• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official White Knight Chronicles Thread

Guled

weird how its the big companies with a ton of money that take forever to localize, but all in all, we most likely get this before the end of 2009
hopefully not nov/dec, if so it won't sell as good

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Guled said:
weird how its the big companies with a ton of money that take forever to localize, but all in all, we most likely get this before the end of 2009
hopefully not nov/dec, if so it won't sell as good

D: But they've been localizing it already since this year....

Nice thread, Kagari.

I just wish this meant it was soon to release here in NA. :(

And that boxart is really good, I hope they don't screw it up for the NA release.

Vek

Kyoufu said:
We don't know WKC's quality yet though! Could turn out to be a poopfest.
That's why I said 'it seems' :)
But you're right in saying that it's too soon to call, and admittedly I am worried about their claim to 100 hours of game play... I don't have the patience to run back and forth all of creation anymore :lol

rykomatsu

Currently have a clubroom setup with about 7ppl from GAF. If interested search for the following

Club Name: J-GAF WKC Club
PSN ID: MelloBoy

Kyoufu

Defuser said:
Fuck you GAF ,Dissidia is already going to crippled my wallet. Don't make WKC murder it. :(

Wait for impressions on WKC. You may get lucky and it will turn out to be a poopfest, much like how I got lucky when I bought my 360 for IU only to find out it sucks. lol

klee123

Kyoufu said:
Wait for impressions on WKC. You may get lucky and it will turn out to be a poopfest, much like how I got lucky when I bought my 360 for IU only to find out it sucks. lol

There's still SO4 and ToV tho, so your IU box shouldn't have gone to waste at least :p

Wark

Sexy thread. :D

rykomatsu said:
Currently have a clubroom setup with about 7ppl from GAF. If interested search for the following

Can you join more than one club on Home? If you can then invite me.
PSN: APark5

Tailzo

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Time it took to reach Europe:

Dark Cloud: 9 months
Dark Chronicle: 9 months
Rogue Galaxy: 22 months
Jeanne D'Arc: Never arrived

I'm a bit worried.
The good thing; We can import from the US. Most of my ps3 games are imported from videogamesplus.ca.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Early 2009 in the US seems a tad optimistic. I'm putting my money on July

Eager to hear JGAF impressions, though. Not really expecting the best, to be honest, but this seems like a cool game and I could use an RPG so my fingers are crossed that this is at least decent

klee123

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Time it took to reach Europe:

Dark Cloud: 9 months
Dark Chronicle: 9 months
Rogue Galaxy: 22 months
Jeanne D'Arc: Never arrived

I'm a bit worried.

If you were keen, you could import. One of the best things about the PS3 is that games are region free. Dlc tho...............well, there should be a few people here who could help.

Gomu Gomu

OP, I got a stupid question: Is there any chance that the Japanese release will have English menus & voice acting :( ?

Kagari said:
Blame Nintendo of America for that one. :(

fixed ...
REGGIEEEE :mad:

lupinko

NeoGAFFer said:
OP, I got a stupid question: Is there any chance that the Japanese release will have English menus & voice acting :( ?

Nope, maybe in the WKC International Director's Cut version though. :lol

DunpealD

Vek said:
Nice thread OP; my interest has certainly been piqued.

There are just a few things about the combat system that I'm not quite clear on. Am I understanding it right that before battle you setup a string of attacks (combo streams?) and then you attack/act when that circle thing completes via just the X-button and stick-flicking?

As far as I can see the battle system works like that:

1. You have 3 palettes
2. Each one of them has 7 slots
3. You can fill the slots with attacks
4. Each attack costs you a specific amount of AC(something like command points)
5. You can create a special combo slot which has all the commands compressed into one slot plus a free combo finisher with additional damage, but also costs as much AC as when you're doing it manually.

The palette setup can be done outside of a fight, but I don't know if you can do it inside one(according to one of the older vids you can).

The circle thing shows you the recovery of your AC, for each circle completion you get AC back.

Maybe you should watch the vids which are showing combat. They should give you a good outline of how the whole system works.

rykomatsu said:

Great, I'll join the club when I get copy(still not sure whether I get it or not).

EDIT: Good job, Kagari and BLR.

FirewalkR

I really really hope this is a great game, coz I've been wanting it since that first TGS trailer popped up.

Great thread Kagari, and on a related note, when I saw that awesome banner in the OP I thought: "lemme just confirm my suspicions". Headed to the end of the post, read "BruceLeeRoy" and: "I knew it!" :D So congrats both. :)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
sca2511 said:
Great official thread Kagari, quite splendid. I cannot wait for this game, I hope it doesn't bomb though ;/

After PS3 owners ignore the AAA game Valkyria Chronicles, I have little faith that they will buy this game.

PROVE ME WRONG

Ricker

Nice OP Kagari...wow,Rogue Galaxy took 22 months to release in Europe,damn.

As for this game,like a few have said...please be good,please be good and maybe i'm dreaming but will this finally be the new PSO with the online part ? god i hope so.

M.J. Doja said:
i dont own a ps3..

but this game looks really nice, would definitely buy. :D

Same here...sold mine quite some time ago, but this would be a definite purchase despite my misgivings with how it looks artistically.

The whole team up on big bosses MMO aspect really has me interested.

linsivvi

Hcoregamer00 said:
After PS3 owners ignore the AAA game Valkyria Chronicles, I have little faith that they will buy this game.

PROVE ME WRONG

Valkyria Chronicles shouldn't be released in the holiday season to compete with the big boys, it's a big mistake.

Meier

Boxart is gorgeous...hope it lasts here in the US. This is the main reason outside of MGS that I bought a PS3... don't let me down Level-5! Early 2009 can't come soon enough. :D

Calcaneus

Early 09 in US and Europe? Fucking hell, The first half of next year is turning out to be freaking INSANE.

As far as the game goes: please be good, please be good, please be good.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hcoregamer00 said:

PROVE ME WRONG

Being that it's not a SRPG, I think it'll do better... but then, America has shunned the JRPG this generation :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I never get the Level 5 hate. I <3 them.

Can't wait for WTS. :D

rykomatsu said:

Cool I've been waiting for someone to setup a J-GAF club. Will join later. Does this have to be on the JP Home or US Home?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I was really irritated that a lot of gaffers didn't even bother TRYING Inazuma Eleven. They just blindly hate Level 5.

Inazuma Eleven was one of my favorite RPGs of 2009, to be honest.

rykomatsu

PuppetMaster said:
Cool I've been waiting for someone to setup a J-GAF club. Will join later. Does this have to be on the JP Home or US Home?

Both are fine....JP/US have different common areas, but clubhouses are shared

thetrin said:
I was really irritated that a lot of gaffers didn't even bother TRYING Inazuma Eleven. They just blindly hate Level 5.

Inazuma Eleven was one of my favorite RPGs of 2009, to be honest.

This guy right here owns a time machine!

thetrin

DMPrince said:
This guy right here owns a time machine!

I'm typing from the FUTURE! OOOOOH

Actually, it's just a typo. :lol I meant 2008.

Top Bottom