• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official White Knight Chronicles Thread

Dynamic3

dallow_bg said:
??

There are some very specific chests in NG+ with the new gear.
The link was posted back a page or two with all the new chests locations so you don't have to search all over.

First half of the game has the GR7 gear, and the second half the GR8 gear.

Same items that you can make from binding levels 7 and 8, so saves you the materials.

You can rush to the halfway point (bunker lode) of the game and get all the GR7 gear in like 3 hours.

Where is this link with the locations? I went through the past few pages and I can't find it.

Cornbread78

Doc Evils said:
I haven't been on gaf for a while and was wondering if this game is worth getting? Is it really worse than Star Ocean 4?

I haven't gotten too afr as of yet, but it's been really really good so far. the Cutscenes are done well and the gameplay is pretty tight. I still haven't found the reason for all teh hate it got from some reviewers.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Dynamic3 said:
Thanks. Is there one for the first playthrough?
No, but it's not a big loss.
Just explore the land and they'll be in the obvious places.
You won't be missing anything important though.

sublimit

Banned
Some questions:
1.Do you have to be around the same level as your online friend in order to do quests together?

2.Does the game have a matchmaking system that hooks you with people of similar level?

If amazon.uk is to be believed my copy should be dispatched tomorrow.I don't think it will though.:(

sublimit said:
Some questions:
1.Do you have to be around the same level as your online friend in order to do quests together?

2.Does the game have a matchmaking system that hooks you with people of similar level?

If amazon.uk is to be believed my copy should be dispatched tomorrow.I don't think it will though.:(

1.No

2.Yes

UFRA

dreamer3kx said:
1.No

2.Yes

Actually you sort of do...

If your friend is in a quest that's minimum requirement Lv 15 Guild Rank 3, and you're Level 10 GR 1, I don't think you'd be able to join that quest.

sublimit

Banned
UFRA said:

If your friend is in a quest that's minimum requirement Lv 15 Guild Rank 3, and you're Level 10 GR 1, I don't think you'd be able to join that quest.

If this is true then by the time i get this game i won't be able to do online quests with people who got it on NA release day.:/
Sucks to be in Europe.

Chris R

Doc Evils said:
I haven't been on gaf for a while and was wondering if this game is worth getting? Is it really worse than Star Ocean 4?
If you enjoyed FFXI or FFXII then you will probably dig this game.

UFRA

sublimit said:
If this is true then by the time i get this game i won't be able to do online quests with people who got it on NA release day.:/
Sucks to be in Europe.

Even if I am wrong, it would still be hard for you as the lower level since the monsters would be based on the quest's requirements and not based on your level.

UFRA said:

Really I swore I played with my brother who pretty much just began and Im on gr 4 I think and he was able to join my quest, ok sorry about that sublimit, Im not sure now.

teekun

sublimit said:
Sucks to be in Europe.

Lucky for you, plenty of people are still doing low level quests to grind for guild points. Don't worry about it too much, there will be some new EU/AU players, and there will still be a bunch of slow NA players in the game as well.

Augemitbutter said:
i helped some guy out with his GR1 quest while i was GR7. if that's what you guys want, it's possible, just not the other way around naturally.

Yeah, last night I was teamed with a GR6-7 player who helped me get from GR2 to GR4 in no time at all.

sublimit

Banned
teekun said:
Lucky for you, plenty of people are still doing low level quests to grind for guild points. Don't worry about it too much, there will be some new EU/AU players, and there will still be a bunch of slow NA players in the game as well.

Too bad that by the time the game is released in Europe everyone (except me) will be playing FFXIII.
I think i'm the only one who is more excited for WKC than FFXIII.:D

sublimit said:
Too bad that by the time the game is released in Europe everyone (except me) will be playing FFXIII.
I think i'm the only one who is more excited for WKC than FFXIII.:D

i don't think so, this game is very long (online). EU will also bring lots of new players in.

onisegawa

Neo Member
Don't worry!! I am from the EU and I have not got the game yet. So I will be a new player and I will deffinately be playing online...so you will see noob players with low level =p

Toki767

I've mostly been playing with people not in the US, that's for sure. :lol

Everytime I ask someone what time it is for them they're like 8 or 9 hours ahead of me.

nodish2

Banned
Just hit GR7 and I'm level 40 (beat the game too), and don't know what to do. Where is a good place for both xp and guild points? Sick of doing Best Served Cold and Dogma Halls runs.

Toki767

nodish2 said:
Just hit GR7 and I'm level 40 (beat the game too), and don't know what to do. Where is a good place for both xp and guild points? Sick of doing Best Served Cold and Dogma Halls runs.
Litton's Plight II gives about 18k for about 9 minutes. Memorial Servant II can give about 16-17k for 7 minutes. If you want xp I suggest just doing Boot Camp II solo.

nodish2

Banned
Toki767 said:
Litton's Plight II gives about 18k for about 9 minutes. Memorial Servant II can give about 16-17k for 7 minutes. If you want xp I suggest just doing Boot Camp II solo.

Cool, I'll try that.

lljride

Woo! Only about 100,000 GR points left to GR8. I'll finally get there tonight, so I can start grinding Best Served Cold II.

Anyone grinding BSC II yet? If so what's the best way to get it started, should I just access through the world map or should I create or join a room through Geonet? I've been mostly solo so far trying to get to GR8.

Cornbread78

Are any of the NA GAF players actually playing online with this? A couple of my buddies have been, but nobody from GAF has friended me to do missions as of yet.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
NeoCross said:
So any suggestions on how to quickly earn points for more binding recipies?
Grinding Best Served Cold to build Guild Rank, AND will net you a ton of those Level 2 pearls.

Those are super common and worth lots of points.
Quickly got to binding level 10 just donating those.

lljride

Cornbread78 said:
Are any of the NA GAF players actually playing online with this? A couple of my buddies have been, but nobody from GAF has friended me to do missions as of yet.

Sadly I haven't been playing much online yet, but I'm at the point now where I've pretty much maxed out as much as I can solo. I'll send you a friend request tonight if it's cool. I still haven't done many of the lower ranked missions either so I'm in for whatever (up to GR8).

My weekend is pretty much free and I'm off all next week, so I should be online a lot.

Cornbread78

Alright will do

PSN: Cornbread78, I may be full, if so, shoot em a message and I'll clear "some fat" (LOL) I'm usually on late over the weekends (EST), and I'l just starting to get erady to jump online.

Finished the single player. It was nice to finally play an rpg on PS3. The single player reminded me of Killzone 2 - in that it's sets the foundation for what could be an excellent sequel.

Tried a quest online. It was in the mine tunnel with all the elevator shafts. There were two of us, the other person who was also green.

We spent 20 minutes or so running around in circles, it was too late when we finally found the right route to the second npc.

klee123

Just reached GR7 and looking for Level 5 Chromium Pearls to upgrade my master blade. Which missions are recommended to get these?

Oldschool

klee123 said:
Just reached GR7 and looking for Level 5 Chromium Pearls to upgrade my master blade. Which missions are recommended to get these?

Most of GR7 quests give this when completed, I think.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Thread is so big, but I am dying to play an RPG and this is calling to me.

I adored FFXII, but all the reviews seem to call this average at best. The online component intrigues me, but I'd like to get a general consensus.

JudgeN

Need some help GAF,

Doing Take Your Lumps quest because I need gold/iron lumps but I can't seem to find the "old gold lumps" during the quest, where do you dig them up at? And do you have to get a new pickaxe after each dig?

nyong

Banned
Brandon F said:
I adored FFXII, but all the reviews seem to call this average at best. The online component intrigues me, but I'd like to get a general consensus.
Average at best is a pretty good description of the single-player, mostly because of the difficulty. I didn't die a single time all the way through. There's a New Game Plus that provides new and better loot, but astonishingly does not make the game more difficult.

The multiplayer is fun, but again too easy. I'm holding out hope that it gets more difficult at higher guild ranks. The crafting/upgrade system is pretty good, the homepage and MMO features are great for a free title, and the questing can be good fun with the right group. Combat becomes fun once you get the hang of combos and managing chips. The only thing holding it (way, way) back is the absolute lack of difficulty.

JudgeN said:
Need some help, here GAF

Doing Take Your Lumps quest because I need gold/iron lumps but I can't seem to find the "old gold lumps" during the quest, where do you dig them up at? And do you have to get a new pickaxe after each dig?

have you tried doing that quest online? usually there is one player who'll sprint to the spot. you have to ascend two, or three elevators as far as i remember and a dragon + a few other mobs will guard the mining spot.

you have to get another pickaxe if you mine the wrong stuff, you might want to kill earth elementals for a chance for additional pickaxes too.

Brandon F said:
Thread is so big, but I am dying to play an RPG and this is calling to me.

i think the offline mode is above average. we all know it lacks a solid difficulty level by now and that's my biggest gripe with the game. but other than that, i think it's cool and i love the design of the knights. it gets much harder in higher level online play, but still won't be a heavy challenge if your group knows how to play.

Chris R

The thing is the game is really easy if you spam your knight through the entire game, using it every time you get to a larger monster and killing/exploring the entire map for each zone (therefore leveling up). I just got to the town in the middle of the Valley of the Insects (whatever it is called) and found some of the monsters in the previous area pretty tough with no knight active (Including the area where there were two giant spiders and a bunch of smaller monsters, took a good ten minuets and almost had Caesar die twice :lol )

Can't wait till I beat the game so I can go all out on maxing my character and going for some more trophies / guild ranks :D

Cornbread78

I played online for 4 hours Sat. and S ranked all teh missions available to me thus far. It was a lot of fun with me a coupe buddies. The only thing I didn't like is that I was only getting 1 or 5 Exp. when I killed monsters, is this because they were at Guild Ranks 7 and 4?

Paznos

Completed the game over the weekend and it was pretty good, had fun with it and it definitely wasn't as bad as the reviews were 5's and 6's? wow I'd probably give it a high 7 and since I haven't played online yet the score would probably be even higher.

But I'm still GR1 should I start a new game + or what? want to finally get into the online but with Heavy Rain coming tomorrow it may have to wait.

Cornbread78 said:
I played online for 4 hours Sat. and S ranked all teh missions available to me thus far. It was a lot of fun with me a coupe buddies. The only thing I didn't like is that I was only getting 1 or 5 Exp. when I killed monsters, is this because they were at Guild Ranks 7 and 4?

you'll definitely get more exp/money on higher guildranks.

Paznos said:
Completed the game over the weekend and it was pretty good, had fun with it and it definitely wasn't as bad as the reviews were 5's and 6's? wow I'd probably give it a high 7 and since I haven't played online yet the score would probably be even higher.

But I'm still GR1 should I start a new game + or what? want to finally get into the online but with Heavy Rain coming tomorrow it may have to wait.

if you plan on playing up to GR7+ you might want to start NG+ for additional chests with high level weapons/armor. it's not necessary for the previous GR, so just choose continue and play online.

JudgeN

Augemitbutter said:
have you tried doing that quest online? usually there is one player who'll sprint to the spot. you have to ascend two, or three elevators as far as i remember and a dragon + a few other mobs will guard the mining spot.

you have to get another pickaxe if you mine the wrong stuff, you might want to kill earth elementals for a chance for additional pickaxes too.

I figured it out just zerked my way to Dogma Rift and you can farm them there, was able to get a full set of super sexy silver armor. I have to say though while the single player was a cake walk more so then most RPG but the higher level online missions get really tough.

Cornbread78 said:

Its based on the level of the monster vs your level and the number of players. What level is your character and what mission were you doing? Example I'm level 37 and if I did Boot camp 1 I only get 1-5 exp per kill with 3 other players. Now If I do Boot camp 2 I might get 90 exp with 3 other players.

Is there any info on WKC2? Game really needs some better textures/AF, blurry textures are everywhere :lol

Lvl 37 GR6 Tank type

PSN/Geo Judgen add if you want to coop

Cornbread78

JudgeN said:
Its based on the level of the monster vs your level and the number of players. What level is your character and what mission were you doing? Example I'm level 37 and if I did Boot camp 1 I only get 1-5 exp per kill with 3 other players. Now If I do Boot camp 2 I might get 90 exp with 3 other players.

Lvl 37 GR6 Tank type

PSN/Geo Judgen add if you want to coop

I'm only at Level 10 and the guys I was playing with is in the 30s we did all the missions for the plains and the mine and I was still only getting 1-5 Exp. I mean, I was a lower rank than all the monsters for the most part.

Top Bottom