• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official White Knight Chronicles Thread

klee123

Currently using a master blade+7 at the moment and it seems that upgrading it even further needs a chromium pearl level 6. I assume those pearls are GR8 exclusive items right?

Toki767

klee123 said:
Currently using a master blade+7 at the moment and it seems that upgrading it even further needs a chromium pearl level 6. I assume those pearls are GR8 exclusive items right?
Correct.

teekun

Augemitbutter said:
if you plan on playing up to GR7+ you might want to start NG+ for additional chests with high level weapons/armor. it's not necessary for the previous GR, so just choose continue and play online.

It's important to note that if you are going to do NG+, you need to commit to it. You won't be able to create quests in any areas that aren't already unlocked in your single player game, so starting a NG+ will cripple your online play until you get through the game again.

Chris R

Maybe this has been answered, but I'm assuming 100% of your items/G/Bind Level/ect, ect, ect are carried over after a reincarnate/NG???

Just trying to decide if I should boost my Bind rank now, or not even bother since I'm not using any weapons from there really.

nodish2

Banned
Man, level 48 right now and this grind is killing me. I pretty much went from 40 to 48 doing BC II solo, I don't know if I can hit 50.

Paznos

teekun said:
It's important to note that if you are going to do NG+, you need to commit to it. You won't be able to create quests in any areas that aren't already unlocked in your single player game, so starting a NG+ will cripple your online play until you get through the game again.
Yeah running through NG+ right now just for the chests but need to work on my GR it's still 1 lol.

rhfb said:
Maybe this has been answered, but I'm assuming 100% of your items/G/Bind Level/ect, ect, ect are carried over after a reincarnate/NG???

Just trying to decide if I should boost my Bind rank now, or not even bother since I'm not using any weapons from there really.
All that stuff gets carried over in a NG+ except for the key items.

nodish2 said:
Man, level 48 right now and this grind is killing me. I pretty much went from 40 to 48 doing BC II solo, I don't know if I can hit 50.

king of dragons II were the best spots for me, ring leader II is also very good.

Le-mo

Can someone tell me how I am doing level wise. I just finished the scenario at Albana with a level of 18 (me), 17(leonard), 16(Aldore), and 15(Yulie).

teekun

Le-mo said:
Can someone tell me how I am doing level wise. I just finished the scenario at Albana with a level of 18 (me), 17(leonard), 16(Aldore), and 15(Yulie).

Don't worry about level, honestly. The game will NEVER get hard. I can't remember where I was at that point in the game, but when I finished it I think my avatar was 35.

Ricker

Where do you put the lizard bait to draw out a Fire Lizard exactly...that map is a little confusing and annoying in the sense that some area`s that lead in a small cave do not show on the whole map and some area`s you have to fall down into and can`t backtrack unless you go all the way around...it`s also not showing on the map and the quest log is awful for this game,for the SP quest(there is none actually hehe).

I`ve also seen tomb like blocks that say thing like,to be rewarded you must fufill etc etc,one is a huge hole...are those harder or long grind parts to do?....I like the game,it`s just not very friendly if you stop playing for a few days and come back to know what you need to do hehe...

teekun

Ricker said:
Where do you put the lizard bait to draw out a Fire Lizard exactly...that map is a little confusing and annoying in the sense that some area`s that lead in a small cave do not show on the whole map and some area`s you have to fall down into and can`t backtrack unless you go all the way around...it`s also not showing on the map and the quest log is awful for this game,for the SP quest(there is none actually hehe).

I`ve also seen tomb like blocks that say thing like,to be rewarded you must fufill etc etc,one is a huge hole...are those harder or long grind parts to do?....I like the game,it`s just not very friendly if you stop playing for a few days and come back to know what you need to do hehe...

You need to drop into the huge hole in order to get to the fire lizard.

Those tombstones are for online quests, so don't worry about them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
kanugo said:
Where is all the european love for this game? WKC comes out in Europe Friday. Go buy it, people.
I know many people who're going to buy this once it lands in Europe :)!

good to hear, we need new players for the higher level quests. i still have trouble finding people for some quests, yet BSC II is always packed....

teekun

Yeah, the second wave of players is going to be nice, especially for those of us who don't play during normal US hours.

Chris R

Also since I'm so close to the end of the game now, I'll ask this question.

Is there a point of no return in this game? IE if I go and beat the final boss/whatever will I be unable to continue playing whatever I want on that save file? Level 30 across the board, did a few quests today solo, pain with me just being able to do magic damage really :lol I just want to get a higher GR so I can unlock the farmable quests.

Toki767

rhfb said:
Also since I'm so close to the end of the game now, I'll ask this question.

Is there a point of no return in this game? IE if I go and beat the final boss/whatever will I be unable to continue playing whatever I want on that save file? Level 30 across the board, did a few quests today solo, pain with me just being able to do magic damage really :lol I just want to get a higher GR so I can unlock the farmable quests.
All you have to do is go to a save point to hit the World Map. After you beat the game, you'll also save the game and be at the last save point of the game so you can go back out.

Chris R

Toki767 said:
All you have to do is go to a save point to hit the World Map. After you beat the game, you'll also save the game and be at the last save point of the game so you can go back out.
Exactly what I wanted to hear :D Thanks

JudgeN

Well I finished the single player yesterday and I have to say I'm amazed L5 allows the game to end where it did. But I guess it allows them to make improvements and take this 7.5ish game to a 9ish game. Now doing my NG+ speed run, hope to have it done in under 10 hours so I can focus on online part.

I'm curious to hear what kind of improvements people want in the second game.

I"m looking for improved framerate/graphics, spells effects in the game don't even look as good as some PS2 games IMO. On a personal note, I wish they get rid of Leonardo bushy eyebrows, the original design looked so much better then this one.

As far a way to improve the battle system, its hard to say maybe get rid of AC "Chips" and make it Action points like SQ series. Then you can still make combos by combining a bunch of attacks into one button but then make other buttons whatever single skill you map to them making it more SQ like battle system. Then you can adjust the enemies to be the same way, thus making them a lot more threatening then there current form. Right now a lot of enemies will attack but sit there a good 10-20 seconds before there next attack.

Then we come to online, they need to take out the huge grind for increasing your GR. Right now its just unreasonable how long it takes to get from GR8 and above. Add more quests, and make so when people buy items from you geotown a % goes to your character next time you login.

Cornbread78

Le-mo said:

That's where I am ( splitting time with MW2 sucks!) andmy characters are all at level 14 or 15, I haven't really grinded at all, so it's been nice thus far.

Ravidrath

For the equipment trophies... does that include +1s, +2s, etc.?

i.e. Can I upgrade 50 different weapons/armor to +1-10, keeping them all? Or do they all need to be completely distinct weapon types?

Ploid 3.0

I'm at GR8 and getting to 9 is killing me. This is too much grinding I already put the idea of getting GR10 out of my mind, someone in my usual group wants it but the idea of doing 200 quests back to back just for that rank sounds like torture. When I say 200 quests back to back, I'm not even sure if I'm exaggerating or lowballing it hahaHAhA... :(

Jbird34

Ploid 3.0 said:
I'm at GR8 and getting to 9 is killing me. This is too much grinding I already put the idea of getting GR10 out of my mind, someone in my usual group wants it but the idea of doing 200 quests back to back just for that rank sounds like torture. When I say 200 quests back to back, I'm not even sure if I'm exaggerating or lowballing it hahaHAhA... :(

Well if you are giving up on getting GR10 then when you have some free time I need someone to go with me to [Castle Zvahl Baileys] only for a sec just need to kill a few coffer mobs, oh and Lone is going to come too :D

Cornbread78

Suzzopher said:
I'm getting it this week:D

Welcome to the party, it definately worth it, I still haven't found where all the hate came from outside of teh lip synch/ VA. That minor at worst..... Everything else has been excellant so far.

Ploid 3.0

Jbird34 said:
Well if you are giving up on getting GR10 then when you have some free time I need someone to go with me to [Castle Zvahl Baileys] only for a sec just need to kill a few coffer mobs, oh and Lone is going to come too :D

I kinda wish I still had FFXI installed and activated. Those were good times even though it was short.

I told my SoD group about you (we only have 3 members in our wkc static) and it seems you were after their time. Well I dont think Spiderlily know but when I mentioned you to Nightwing (ffxi name) he didn't know you. What GR are you and when do you play? I want to get a 4th in the group they have me being white mage, and then DD now recently. So I'm curing and trying to keep up on doing damage with arrows.

Speaking of ranged attacks what is the important stat I should worry about? I have like 56 dex, 64 int, and 50something agi. I do the elemental bolts and the bullseye shot (bullseye seem to be the most effective ability and it's only 1 AC).

Edit: Going to farm some Fancy Lizard Scales again. I forgot to save and lost 11k exp and a lot of farmed upgrades to my body armor.

squall211

JudgeN said:
Well I finished the single player yesterday and I have to say I'm amazed L5 allows the game to end where it did. But I guess it allows them to make improvements and take this 7.5ish game to a 9ish game. Now doing my NG+ speed run, hope to have it done in under 10 hours so I can focus on online part.

I'm curious to hear what kind of improvements people want in the second game.

I"m looking for improved framerate/graphics, spells effects in the game don't even look as good as some PS2 games IMO. On a personal note, I wish they get rid of Leonardo bushy eyebrows, the original design looked so much better then this one.

As far a way to improve the battle system, its hard to say maybe get rid of AC "Chips" and make it Action points like SQ series. Then you can still make combos by combining a bunch of attacks into one button but then make other buttons whatever single skill you map to them making it more SQ like battle system. Then you can adjust the enemies to be the same way, thus making them a lot more threatening then there current form. Right now a lot of enemies will attack but sit there a good 10-20 seconds before there next attack.

Then we come to online, they need to take out the huge grind for increasing your GR. Right now its just unreasonable how long it takes to get from GR8 and above. Add more quests, and make so when people buy items from you geotown a % goes to your character next time you login.

Improvements I'd like to see in addition to yours:

Quests that scale depending on how many party members you have.

Related to the above, if quests aren't going to be scaled, allow players to use storyline characters to complete quests.

A better ratio between how much materials/weapons cost and how much you get for selling the item. It's batshit insane that you can spend 50k+ for one piece of one material, and turn around and only be able to sell it for 100g.

squall211

Ploid 3.0 said:

The only reason I'm even trying to get to GR10 is because I have two weeks til FFXIII arrives, and this will likely be the only thing I play until then. I have around 3.2 or 3.3 million points now, and you need 5.7 for GR10. I just can't imagine anyone sticking with this long enough to get to GR 15.

Ploid 3.0 said:
I can't even get cracked busts to drop to upgrade my staff. I cant get anything I need to drop. :lol

and Jbird was around when you me and Hoga came back that one time no? I remember him...sam right?

squall211 said:
and you need 5.7 for GR10.

omfg...I already played this more than anything besides FFXI and PSO/PSU but wtf...

Ploid 3.0

SpiderJerusalem said:
I can't even get cracked busts to drop to upgrade my staff. I cant get anything I need to drop. :lol

and Jbird was around when you me and Hoga came back that one time no? I remember him...sam right?

omfg...I already played this more than anything besides FFXI and PSO/PSU but wtf...

Dude we should farm I got two to drop farming Fancy Lizard Scales in that Bunker Lode II or whatever it's called.

Also I got a new Archer upgrade that gives me crits on the next hit. It's awesome and takes damage way up.

Yeah I'm sure you knew about Jbird, Night was the one that stayed in TG pearl when everyone came back to FFXI because of some update. The time Lonestar, and other people started playing (again?).

squall211 said:
The only reason I'm even trying to get to GR10 is because I have two weeks til FFXIII arrives, and this will likely be the only thing I play until then. I have around 3.2 or 3.3 million points now, and you need 5.7 for GR10. I just can't imagine anyone sticking with this long enough to get to GR 15.

What is it with JP devs and time sinks!??! Don't they know it's better to just add things that are just hard to kill and variety for ranks? This artificial extension of content and progression is crazy. This massive gap in ranks doing the same quests over and over won't hold people's attention other than the insanely hardcore. I can see if they don't want people to get the equipment so fast but they could have made the drops a bit rarer to solve that but not stupidly rare (i.e. 1/1,000,000 chance of dropping). This is crazy.

I have my bow for rank 9 and that's all I'm preparing for. If I happen to get rank 10 in 3 years, cool :| (pray for 100,000 reward fights in rank 9 spider XD ).

Volcynika

I just got a copy as a gift today, are there a general set of tips to go by for beginners? Like are skill points limited to a point and you need to specialize in a couple areas? So lost D: Any help on general things would be great.

sublimit

Banned
kanugo said:
Where is all the european love for this game? WKC comes out in Europe Friday. Go buy it, people.
My copy was finally dispatched yesterday by amazon.uk.If i'm lucky i'll have the game in my hands by Friday or Saturday at the most.
Can't wait!!

Hawk269

I am just starting out...so if anyone wants to add me to their friends list for some on-line play, it would be appreciated...

PSN: Stateless269

Volcynika said:
I just got a copy as a gift today, are there a general set of tips to go by for beginners? Like are skill points limited to a point and you need to specialize in a couple areas? So lost D: Any help on general things would be great.

skill points are limited, do whatever you want with them, offline story mode is easy anyway. if you decide to play online with your alter ego, you can always reset your character at max level.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
For all the new people, add me to your PSN, I'll help some Gaffers out over this weekend, I'll spam 25-30 Big Red Quests, get you guys leveled up really fast, try to get to level 20 and guild rank 2, or when you can fight big red, message me

PSN: GraveRobberX

I'm a level 43 Elementalist, GR8, it takes me solo-wise to drop Big Red in 4 minutes.

Cornbread78

Volcynika said:

Level up as you see fit, so far here is how I did it starting out:

Leonard: most general Sword Skills, also the large sword Str and HP bonus, then Heal, Cure and revive, in case I get stuck with Yulie dead somehow

Avatar: Heavy Sword skills and Elemental Magic skills to balance him out.

Yulie: Bow Skills and Divine magiccked a coulpe elemental skill increases as well for the stat bumps only

Eldore: I use him as Mr. verisitility, like a Red Mage in the FF series. I've split between Sword skills Divine magic as well as Elemental Magic.

Toki767

Synless said:
I just picked this up a couple days ago. What skills should I focus on? I have a long sword character so far.
I'd imagine just go into that branch, although if you want a stupidly strong character, you can go into other skill trees just for their stat gains. Greatsword gives bonuses to Strength and HP I believe, as does the Spear or Axe skill tree. Definitely make sure you learn Heal though, it's very useful to have on every character.

Synless

Toki767 said:
I'd imagine just go into that branch, although if you want a stupidly strong character, you can go into other skill trees just for their stat gains. Greatsword gives bonuses to Strength and HP I believe, as does the Spear or Axe skill tree. Definitely make sure you learn Heal though, it's very useful to have on every character.
Cool, thanks!

Toki767

Is it strange that I find it more entertaining to show off to low level people doing Big Red 1 than going up to GR9? :lol

Well 600k to go. Approximately 30 more Big Red 2 runs to go!

onisegawa

Neo Member
Ok i finally got the game now in UK people add me pn psn pls, my ID is "lawtow" without the quotes of course. And i also want to ask...is using long sword good? got any good elemental sword attacks? cos i wana build my avatar towards long sword. thanks

Top Bottom