• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official White Knight Chronicles Thread

grumble

GraveRobberX said:
For all the new people, add me to your PSN, I'll help some Gaffers out over this weekend, I'll spam 25-30 Big Red Quests, get you guys leveled up really fast, try to get to level 20 and guild rank 2, or when you can fight big red, message me

PSN: GraveRobberX

I'm a level 43 Elementalist, GR8, it takes me solo-wise to drop Big Red in 4 minutes.

You're a platinum trophy king

psy18

Finally cleared out Single player.
Almost gave up halfway, fortunately the story gets interesting.

Just found out you can only respect your avatar. My main story chars skills are messed up. :(

Steroyd

Phew!

Got the game on Thursday, and finally just started to work out the kinks to this game, and i'm enjoying it alot more than I did initially, also figured where all the hording points are (like 2 areas too late), can't wait till my Georama is in full flow.

Storyline is cripplingly cliche'd so far, the will to sit through the cutscenes is weak.

What's the most spacious area for the Georama? Switching area's looks very bloody expensive so I'd only like to move area once.

onisegawa

Neo Member
I'm still at the very beginning going through that tunnel on offline mode haha. Need to get a bluetooth headset first before i can play online

Chris R

Just got to the Dogma Rifts and unlocked Best Served Cold. Going to be a great night tonight :lol I love grinding :lol

Hope to finish the game tonight and maybe get to GR5.

Ravidrath

Anyone have tips for getting an S in Taking Your Lumps?

And, if anyone wants to actually do it, I'm down! I'm getting close to GR6.

BTW, fuck The Exterminator and its stupid low drop rate for Iron Rods.

Toki767

Ravidrath said:
Anyone have tips for getting an S in Taking Your Lumps?

And, if anyone wants to actually do it, I'm down! I'm getting close to GR6.

BTW, fuck The Exterminator and its stupid low drop rate for Iron Rods.
Go for gold ore. Need 10 gold ores to fight the Primeval Guardian. I believe you must fight it in order to get the S rank. Iron Golems will not do. Make sure you drop any iron ore you get. Try to kill any Earth Elementals you see to hopefully get you a pickaxe. Once your pickaxe breaks, suicide somewhere so you don't have to run all the way back. Rinse and repeat.

As for The Exterminator, there is a room with a chest containing iron rods if you do not want to go and kill spiders for them.

Haven't looked too much into it and I'm near the start, but I picked up a sword called "Longsword" for Leonard but when I came to reasearch Longsword skills and place them in the skill command bar, I wasn't allowed to used them and had to go back to Shortsword tecniques.

Any ideas?

Also thought it was a bit crap that when you get
the girl character at the start she
starts on a few levels lower than you. Also the fact you have to learn the same old skills again and again for the new characters to unlock others.

Can someone help me with combos? I made a combo of 4 shortsword tecniques but when the circle is fully white, do you have to successfully press all 4 of them for the combo to work, cause I always miss the last one and he never seems to do anything with the first 3 I did successfully?

Katana_Strikes said:
Haven't looked too much into it and I'm near the start, but I picked up a sword called "Longsword" for Leonard but when I came to reasearch Longsword skills and place them in the skill command bar, I wasn't allowed to used them and had to go back to Shortsword tecniques.

Any ideas?

Also thought it was a bit crap that when you get
the girl character at the start she
starts on a few levels lower than you. Also the fact you have to learn the same old skills again and again for the new characters to unlock others.

Can someone help me with combos? I made a combo of 4 shortsword tecniques but when the circle is fully white, do you have to successfully press all 4 of them for the combo to work, cause I always miss the last one and he never seems to do anything with the first 3 I did successfully?

The longsword is actually just a regular sword, you wont get a real longsword till after you deliver the wine but you might know that allready by now.

For the combos i was also confused, basically when you do the first attack the circle will change white, mash x, then again when the next turns white. Seem to work for me.

Is there a way to respec? I kind awish I had gone Axe rather than longsword :/

i'm using axes at the moment, it's alot of fun but longswords are considered more powerful. you'll usually see more enemies weaker to slashing damage. love the weight of an axe while striking though.

Shadow780

If you time your combos there's more damage, listen to sound cues, or press X when the circle lights up.

you can charge AC with 2H sword, so that's a plus against axe users, especially when grinding GRs with quests like "Best Served Cold," you don't have to fight regular enemies to charge AC for combos, saves time.

However, axe does more damage since they have the most STR ups in the game.

When you reach Lv50 you get the chance to respec.

Johnlenham said:
The longsword is actually just a regular sword, you wont get a real longsword till after you deliver the wine but you might know that allready by now.

For the combos i was also confused, basically when you do the first attack the circle will change white, mash x, then again when the next turns white. Seem to work for me.

Is there a way to respec? I kind awish I had gone Axe rather than longsword :/

Thanks. Guess I'll have to experiment more with combos.

Man, is there lots of spoilers in the opening credits or what!! :/

I just got this on rental yesterday. Quite enjoying it, but I doubt I'll bother with the online side of it.

Quite liking it, but the areas are huuuge =0 Takes ages to get from place to place.

the-iek

Katana_Strikes said:
Man, is there lots of spoilers in the opening credits or what!! :/
They included scenes from the last third of the game, which is ridiculous. It's kinda Level-5's trademark, they did the same thing with Dark Chronicle.

Must admit, really quite liking it now. Bit unsure at first but now I'm pleased I bought it. Really like the cutscenes. Colourful and great to watch.

Oh and... Nolan Fucking North!
Again!

onisegawa

Neo Member
Katana_Strikes said:
Must admit, really quite liking it now. Bit unsure at first but now I'm pleased I bought it. Really like the cutscenes. Colourful and great to watch.

Oh and... Nolan Fucking North!
Again!
hey katana add me on psn. i just got it few days ago too when it came out my psn id is: lawtow

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, I am just installing WKC as I type.

While I haven't got off the fence enough to buy the game (yet), I still had a free rental ticket at Blockbuster I had to use by tonight (Love the golden ticket promos, 7 rentals for £5, as opposed to the usual asking price of £6.25 for one!).

I have to say this thread has piqued my interest in the game, I do like me a good JRPG and as I gave all of my 360 ones to my brother at Christmas, I hadn't had many choices to hand, so I hope I enjoy the game. If so it shall be bought.

I may venture onto the online section of the game at some point, so if anyone is kind enough to add me to their PSN to help a newbie out, my PSN name is StopItRAWR

Volcynika

I need some boss assistance, I've died three times on it :/

(About 15 / 16 hours, after the town of
Greede
)

I got to Belcitane when he goes giygas form and you get the dragon knight ark thing for Caesar, then it's you vs him. I always end up getting him down to the last bit of health (maybe like two hits left) and then he just brings me down before I can even try it. Arggggg.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm being conservative about my combat with guarding and all, but I feel like this is a battle I'm just not doing correctly.

TheFatOne

Volcynika said:
I need some boss assistance, I've died three times on it :/

(About 15 / 16 hours, after the town of
Greede
)

I got to Belcitane when he goes giygas form and you get the dragon knight ark thing for Caesar, then it's you vs him. I always end up getting him down to the last bit of health (maybe like two hits left) and then he just brings me down before I can even try it. Arggggg.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm being conservative about my combat with guarding and all, but I feel like this is a battle I'm just not doing correctly.

Just start using potions when you are at half health.

I just had a look at the release date for WKC in the UK. 5th March! Why is it being released so close to FFXIII? It's stupid! I will get both, mind, but WKC will have to wait a month or so.

finalozzo said:
WHAT, 5$? Are you kidding me?
Besides I've the PAL edition, in the store there isn't anything yet...

Yeah not on the UK Store, in fact there isn't even a WKC folder. Well done there Sony! Get your act together, release the game and the content to go with it... hell in fact why the hell do I have to buy something to change my avatar. No thanks!

BTW when you search White Knight on the Store, there about 8 or so items for the game, like a barrel, a blue crate etc. but you can't buy them or anything, just says no content or something when you click. All very strange.

I just had a look at the release date for WKC in the UK. 5th March! Why is it being released so close to FFXIII? It's stupid! I will get both, mind, but WKC will have to wait a month or so.

Game came out last Friday. Yes, still horrendous timing but TBH, for me, FFXIII can wait, if I even buy it at all. It's too close to GoWIII for me to be able to fit it in, not forgetting the likes of Heavy Rain and this as well.

klee123

Well, I was gonna spend a few hours grinding to GR9, but thanks to the turn of events today with the PS3's, looks like I'll have to wait.

Oh yeah, if anyone wants to add me for some WKC questing. My PSN is klee1234

Effect

Is there a way to get characters to use abilities like provoke so they can keep the attention of enemies better? Short of perhaps having them go all out with their powers I can't seem to find a way. Now if I my avatar was the primary tank this wouldn't be a problem but since mine is a mage it makes things a bit more difficult then they need to be.

Luckily I made a save file right before I head out after the princess where I haven't spent any points on anyone save Leonard. I'm at he desert city now. So I'm actually tempted to load up that save and redo my avatar as a spear and shield character or a two handed fighter just so I can wear heavy armor and tank. I made that save file just in case something like this had to be done and so I didn't have to waste time recreating my character.

I could put my character out of my party an use Eldore in that role but I can't help but play my avatar.

Cornbread78

Effect said:
Is there a way to get characters to use abilities like provoke so they can keep the attention of enemies better? Short of perhaps having them go all out with their powers I can't seem to find a way. Now if I my avatar was the primary tank this wouldn't be a problem but since mine is a mage it makes things a bit more difficult then they need to be.
Luckily I made a save file right before I head out after the princess where I haven't spent any points on anyone save Leonard. I'm at he desert city now. So I'm actually tempted to load up that save and redo my avatar as a spear and shield character or a two handed fighter just so I can wear heavy armor and tank. I made that save file just in case something like this had to be done and so I didn't have to waste time recreating my character.
I could put my character out of my party an use Eldore in that role but I can't help but play my avatar.

My Avatar is definately the Heavy sword tank in the party. I gave him elemental magic as secondary, but I've been focusing on leveling up the heavy sword use, so he can take a beating. I'll add Axe skill later, but for new is Bastard sword +++ (I just finished the desert)

Shadow780

Effect said:

Provoke on 1H Sword tree

Threaten on Spear tree

Almyn

I am really enjoying this now, It took a restart and 5 or 6 hours for it to click, But it finally has. I'm getting a real FFXI vibe from the game. :D

The only thing that still confuses me is the Georama/Town part. Is there anywhere online that does a good job of detailing it?

Cornbread78

Almyn said:
I am really enjoying this now, It took a restart and 5 or 6 hours for it to click, But it finally has. I'm getting a real FFXI vibe from the game. :D

The only thing that still confuses me is the Georama/Town part. Is there anywhere online that does a good job of detailing it?

There is some information burried in this thread, btu the Strategy Guide does a pretty good job as well.

So I tried the first quest alone at Lvl 8 (which it recommends) and I died a few times just getting to one of the places I needed to be. Then nearly an hour later I bring back the required goods and... 2 fucking huge trolls on my ass. Needless to say I didn't last 2 seconds and my hour was pretty much wasted.

I think I'll be doing all quests online after this.

Steroyd

Katana_Strikes said:
So I tried the first quest alone at Lvl 8 (which it recommends) and I died a few times just getting to one of the places I needed to be. Then nearly an hour later I bring back the required goods and... 2 fucking huge trolls on my ass. Needless to say I didn't last 2 seconds and my hour was pretty much wasted.

Do you think it would be as tough if your character was level 12?

Was going to attemp this, and the Boot camp level.

teekun

Katana_Strikes said:

Yeah, when it recommends a level for you, that doesn't necessarily mean you can do it solo at that level. You're going to need a full party of level 8 characters to be able to take those trolls down, and even then it might be tough. Play it online, or come back later when you're more powerful.

Chris R

Katana_Strikes said:

Depending on your character spec and gear you can probably do that solo at like level 15 or so. I had to wait until like level 20 to be able to solo it though due to being a heavy magic class (grouped, it kicks ass. solo... so many damn interrupts :( )

Katana_Strikes said:

not really, i noticed you keep any XP and (i think) items gathered even if you fail the mission.

Well before going in to the quest I wasn't aware that you were to do it alone and with the made-up character. I thought it would be your whole team. I understand you do get the XP which is cool, but I still feel I wasted an hour for nothing else. Though I'm now unsure when to do the quests, as having one character miles ahead of my others is going to make the game a hell of a lot more easier than it already is.

BTW is there a way you can quit the quest, other than failing at the boss? Couldn't see the option.

Edit: Just got to the desert now and I'm spliting my characters into different weapon types and skills. Makes things more interesting. It's a bit annoying though that when I'm put to sleep, the other members just stand there and do nothing :(

lljride

Just got the trophy for maxing all 8 skill trees, so once I reincarnate the next time that's it (finally). I really enjoyed playing as an elemental mage most so I'm re-rolling my last time with that in mind.

Anyone know what stats should be prioritized for a dedicated elem mage build? I know INT and MP for sure, but I'm still a little unclear how other ones like SPR and DEX would fit into this build. I know I'm maxing elemental magic, putting points up to the seeker skills in staff, and kinda debating on whether to max divine or just get up to like Raise or so. Rest will go into stat upgrades.

Any thoughts? Also just to double check, can anyone GR9+ verify that elem mages are still useful that late in the game?

squall211

lljride said:
Just got the trophy for maxing all 8 skill trees, so once I reincarnate the next time that's it (finally). I really enjoyed playing as an elemental mage most so I'm re-rolling my last time with that in mind.

Anyone know what stats should be prioritized for a dedicated elem mage build? I know INT and MP for sure, but I'm still a little unclear how other ones like SPR and DEX would fit into this build. I know I'm maxing elemental magic, putting points up to the seeker skills in staff, and kinda debating on whether to max divine or just get up to like Raise or so. Rest will go into stat upgrades.

Any thoughts? Also just to double check, can anyone GR9+ verify that elem mages are still useful that late in the game?

I would think (but don't know for sure) that if you max out staff + elemental, you should have enough points to get most of the stat boosts from all of the other trees.

lljride

Good point, and you're probably right. I'll experiment a little bit when I get to that point and play around with the numbers to see what works best.

Cornbread78

Alright, I'm going to be trying to work on some online stuff tonight, will anyone be on around 11:30 EST for an hour or so after that? I'm only at GR2, but I've S Ranked the first 4 mission so far and I want to continue that trend.

Top Bottom