• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official White Knight Chronicles Thread

Chris R

Ok, what is the best way to grind LEVELS? I'm not having any issue at all grinding GR, and it isn't nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be. 4-5 mins to complete BSC and grinding it from the world map makes it so much easier than trying to find a good Georama to idle in. Thing is now I want to get up to level 50 so I can grind BSCII when I get there (probably later tonight)

klee123

BSC2 is pretty hard to do solo even if you're level 50. Usually you need minimum of 2 players to have a fair fight against it.

I'm currently using a Paladin sword +8 and earth armor and I'm still getting my arse kicked easily by him. I'm guessing you'll need to have like GR10 or 11 equipment to be able to take him on easily.

nodish2

Banned
rhfb said:
Ok, what is the best way to grind LEVELS? I'm not having any issue at all grinding GR, and it isn't nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be. 4-5 mins to complete BSC and grinding it from the world map makes it so much easier than trying to find a good Georama to idle in. Thing is now I want to get up to level 50 so I can grind BSCII when I get there (probably later tonight)

Boot Camp II solo, if you are GR7.

Chris R

klee123 said:
BSC2 is pretty hard to do solo even if you're level 50. Usually you need minimum of 2 players to have a fair fight against it.

I'm currently using a Paladin sword +8 and earth armor and I'm still getting my arse kicked easily by him. I'm guessing you'll need to have like GR10 or 11 equipment to be able to take him on easily.
Wasn't planning on doing it solo, does it take longer to find a group to do it? I mean right now I have no issue at all finding 3-4 people to do BSC in 2 mins tops, then doing the quest takes another 5. I just wanted to get up near 50 to do more damage and be able to run some of the higher level GR quests to S rank some of those too.

edit: I'll try Boot Camp II later tonight after I get GR7

Toki767

rhfb said:
Wasn't planning on doing it solo, does it take longer to find a group to do it? I mean right now I have no issue at all finding 3-4 people to do BSC in 2 mins tops, then doing the quest takes another 5. I just wanted to get up near 50 to do more damage and be able to run some of the higher level GR quests to S rank some of those too.

Are you GR6? I really don't recommend trying to get to level 50 until you hit GR7 or 8. It's very time consuming.

So far I'm pleased I haven't been relying on
Kara and the old dude as they've both pissed off
for the moment. I'd be prety annoyed right now if I'd leveled them up to
not be able to use them
and take away a strong heal/magic character for instance.

Also some of the level design/choices in the game suck. Just done Van Halen Heaven Waste (one fucking awful mess of a dungeon BTW) but not being able to climb up a knee-high height is ridiculous, leaving you to go all the way around, or a gate/door that doesn't let you back through and having to go all the way back around again. Thanks Level5, like that isn't tedious.

Cornbread78

onisegawa said:
Oh and I am lawtow...lol what u mean when u said "alright onisegawa ill add u too"? lol lol ok then.

No worries, I mis-spoke, I added you yesterday, you just have to accept. I'll be on tonight, we'll just have to do some grinding on the missions, LOL.

lljride

rhfb said:

Yeah, just to add I agree with Toki. Boot Camp 2 is good only up to about 40, 45 tops. It would take forever to get to 50, you're probably better off just doing BSC2 until you get to GR9. Don't worry about getting into BSC2 from the world map, you'll be getting into them at least as easily as BSC1's been for you.

What I did was haul ass to GR9 (it's only about 50 BSC2 runs, not horrible). Once you're GR9 you'll have Ring Leader 2 and King of Dragons 2 both available (they might actually be available at GR8, can't remember exactly). RL2 is better for melee, KOD2 is awesome for mages. You'll be getting around 500 XP for each enemy even at level 49, plus way better drops than BC2.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
rhfb said:

If you'd of asked me this question weeks ago I would have answered Boot Camp II. But now that I am GR9 I know the correct answer to this question is King of Dragons II. On Boot Camp II when you are level 49 you get like 105xp per kill. On King of Dragons II you get like 495xp per kill. It is much faster. Just get to GR9 as soon as you can (doesn't take as long as you think it will) and run KODII. I can go from level 35->50 in like 5 hours running it.

Le-mo

I am 36 hours in and I just reached The Haven Waste or whatever it is called. How much longer till I beat the game? I must finish the game before Final Fantasy XIII comes out.

onisegawa

Neo Member
Cornbread78 said:
No worries, I mis-spoke, I added you yesterday, you just have to accept. I'll be on tonight, we'll just have to do some grinding on the missions, LOL.
Ok which quests have u got? i've got the best serve cold and the one after that. Those are most up to date quests I've got.

Cornbread78

onisegawa said:
Ok which quests have u got? i've got the best serve cold and the one after that. Those are most up to date quests I've got.

I'm not sure off the top of my head, I just bought two in Albana, I know that. I'll have to double check when I log in.

Just finished it. Rather enjoyable throughout. 2 crappy dungeons (last 2) I thought. CG work was exceptional. Pretty short game from start to finish but of course there's the online portion which I haven't touched yet. Didn't get the make you own town thingy.

I'll give it 7.5/10

What do we reckon the chances of getting the 2nd one?

Can't see this one having done too well unfortunately; bad timing/long wait/no marketing etc.

onisegawa

Neo Member
Cornbread78 said:
I'm not sure off the top of my head, I just bought two in Albana, I know that. I'll have to double check when I log in.
Ahh i see sounds like I am abit further than you. We can do my quest if you want if you all guild rank is 3. Might get more guild points and exp+gold with later quests.
Volcynika said:
Sorry for not adding you guys last
night, will do so after I finish some
errands in a little while.
No problem, see you tonight.

Volcynika

onisegawa, sent you a friend req on PSN.

Cornbread is un-addable since apparently he maxed his friends list out :lol

Me and a friend just went and S-Ranked a couple of the first quests and got to GR3, so if we're one short for whatever reason he can probably join.

Toki767

Ugh...farming planks to make a staff is ridiculous. Have to keep starting a quest, farming a harvest point, then aborting and starting all over.:lol

Okay, I just got the game a few days ago, and I have a question.

I'm around Lv22 with a GR of 5...and in the single player, I just cleared the place under Greede. I've been farming Guild Points in Best Served Cold...what GR should I get to before I stop farming for Guild Points?

onisegawa

Neo Member
Queston: I got 2 miners in a house and built a mining shaft. But it doesn't seem like they are mining anything out...what am I doing wrong here? and where to I go to collect the mined materials?

Toki767

drtomoe123 said:
Okay, I just got the game a few days ago, and I have a question.

I'm around Lv22 with a GR of 5...and in the single player, I just cleared the place under Greede. I've been farming Guild Points in Best Served Cold...what GR should I get to before I stop farming for Guild Points?
Once you hit GR6 all of the version 1 quests will be available as long as you reach the last part of the singlep layer. You're almost always farming for GR points though so if you're not tired of doing it yet keep it up.

onisegawa said:
Queston: I got 2 miners in a house and built a mining shaft. But it doesn't seem like they are mining anything out...what am I doing wrong here? and where to I go to collect the mined materials?
When you have residents in your Georama, it effects what items Harry sells there. You'd need to place some rocks and stuff into your Georama and there are chances that some will spawn materials after you go and complete a quest.

onisegawa

Neo Member
Toki767 said:
When you have residents in your Georama, it effects what items Harry sells there. You'd need to place some rocks and stuff into your Georama and there are chances that some will spawn materials after you go and complete a quest.

What about my Mine Shaft? what does that do then?

After me saying I would'nt get this because it's too close to FFXIII what do I do? I go and get it.
Anyway, I think I'm getting my head around it. But something's annoying me. Eldore, the beardy bloke who joins you, has a longsword equipped. So I give him a load of longsword skills. But he can't use them because the game tells me he doesn't have a longsword equipped. What? It's there in his hands. It has the little E by it. Fucking hell. Am I missing something or is the game fucked up?

Steroyd

:lol

Seems alot of people got caught out with that.

The "longsword" isn't a long sword by class, it's a normal sword, much like the cleaver isn't an axe.

Should be named broadsword or something.

onisegawa

Neo Member
Toki767 said:
The elevator thing? I think that's just for decoration. :lol
Nono the symbol says: Ore 1 Fossils 1 Crystals 1. but nothing in shop. I think i figured it out now though. I speak to the miner after quest and I get a random material..but mostly shard yesterday.

Steroyd said:
:lol

Seems alot of people got caught out with that.

The "longsword" isn't a long sword by class, it's a normal sword, much like the cleaver isn't an axe.

Should be named broadsword or something.
Thanks for the explanation. So the longsword isn't a longsword it's a sword, like the Knife that the girl uses is a sword!! Fucking hell, either there's been some bad translating of the game (which wouldn't surprise me as the dialogue is very rough - although the Japanese language would probably still be as bad) or the developers just couldn't be arsed to explain things better. Personally I think it's for both reasons.

onisegawa

Neo Member
It was fun yesterday guys. Just got to wait for Cornbread78 to progress a little bit more in the story then we can do more quests.

Steroyd

onisegawa said:
It was fun yesterday guys. Just got to wait for Cornbread78 to progress a little bit more in the story then we can do more quests.

Welp! Is there a correlation between game progress and Guild Rank? Because I've just grinded upto almost GR5, and I'm only in Greede.

Volcynika

Steroyd said:
Welp! Is there a correlation between game progress and Guild Rank? Because I've just grinded upto almost GR5, and I'm only in Greede.

You can only access quests up to areas you've completed in the story. We got some later quests after being GR4, but since Cornbread78 hadn't progressed that far in the story, he was unable to join us.

Steroyd

How come I can't revive people that get knocked out in my party, I can't even switch them out after battle. :/

And how do you heal people online out of battle, they seem to be able to do it to me, but I can't repay the favour. :/

onisegawa

Neo Member
Steroyd said:
How come I can't revive people that get knocked out in my party, I can't even switch them out after battle. :/

And how do you heal people online out of battle, they seem to be able to do it to me, but I can't repay the favour. :/
First of all when u got your sword sheathed Press down on D-Pad so the arrow is on top of yourself. Press O or in your case X then press magic -> heal -> select your target.

Toki767

Steroyd said:
Make sure you aren't confusing spells. It's happened to me before. Revive removes the stun status from someone. Raise is the spell you need to bring someone back to life. :lol

Steroyd

Toki767 said:
Make sure you aren't confusing spells. It's happened to me before. Revive removes the stun status from someone. Raise is the spell you need to bring someone back to life. :lol

I thought the longsword was bad enough. :/

onisegawa

Neo Member
Toki767 said:
But don't it say Revive: revives a person from K.O. something like that. Doesn't that mean bring you back fromdead? pheonix down

DemiMatt

man this game is so0 assy. It has no rhyme or reason for why shit happens and it cuts to random scenes so0o poorly.

That said just beat the game and fuuuuuuuuu so0o effing terrible. Thank god the online play is so0o amazing. But man...terrible...terrible...game. cept for online, hahaha.

Volcynika

I beat the game just now, enjoyed it a good bit aside from some of the annoying dungeons in the late game. I beat it not knowing it was a sequel and when I saw all these cutscenes start going I was like "Oh wait......dammit" knowing I can't see the end of the story yet :/

I've got a question though: I still have my clear data available. If I load it and save over it again, does it still stay clear data? I wanted to quest with a friend but I'm not sure if I can quest in the later areas if I go into NG+ since I don't have access to the areas. Anyone know?

nodish2

Banned
Volcynika said:
I beat the game just now, enjoyed it a good bit aside from some of the annoying dungeons in the late game. I beat it not knowing it was a sequel and when I saw all these cutscenes start going I was like "Oh wait......dammit" knowing I can't see the end of the story yet :/

I've got a question though: I still have my clear data available. If I load it and save over it again, does it still stay clear data? I wanted to quest with a friend but I'm not sure if I can quest in the later areas if I go into NG+ since I don't have access to the areas. Anyone know?

If you start NG+ you have to unlock those areas again.

Volcynika

nodish2 said:
If you start NG+ you have to unlock those areas again.

Do you know about the other thing I asked? If I load my clear data and save over it, does it stay as clear data? (I loaded it earlier and it loaded the last save point before the end stuff)

nodish2

Banned
Volcynika said:
Do you know about the other thing I asked? If I load my clear data and save over it, does it stay as clear data? (I loaded it earlier and it loaded the last save point before the end stuff)

I think so, you will still see a star next to it when you load it.

Almyn

The last few areas of this game are pretty terrible. I think I am in the last dungeon now
Dogma Hall, Teleport nonsense
and I really want the game to end so I can go into the online side more.

It's incredibly off putting when you reach a new area and look at the map, I'm sure plenty of people get a kick out the massive areas in this game, But I just wanted to put the controller down and walk away when i reached a new part. At this point in the game the same thing goes for the battles with the bigger enemies, Lately I have ended up just running past them all, As the thought of spending 10 mins fighting one without a Knight was not going to happen. I ended up screwing myself over in the last dungeon by doing this though, You have to kill the big enemies to get through that place.

The game hit it's peak for me around Flanders canyon/Greede Underbelly. The part around the desert town Albana was the point where i was about to put it on the shelf for good.

Toki767

If you're already in the Dogma Ruins, you already have access to all the online quests. I'd say if you're sick of the single player already, just play some online quests.

Almyn

Toki767 said:
If you're already in the Dogma Ruins, you already have access to all the online quests. I'd say if you're sick of the single player already, just play some online quests.

Well, Depite not enjoying it that much at the moment, I still want to finish it. I was determined to do so before FFXIII came out and i'm so close :)

Almyn said:
The last few areas of this game are pretty terrible. I think I am in the last dungeon now
Dogma Hall, Teleport nonsense
and I really want the game to end so I can go into the online side more.

It's incredibly off putting when you reach a new area and look at the map, I'm sure plenty of people get a kick out the massive areas in this game, But I just wanted to put the controller down and walk away when i reached a new part. At this point in the game the same thing goes for the battles with the bigger enemies, Lately I have ended up just running past them all, As the thought of spending 10 mins fighting one without a Knight was not going to happen. I ended up screwing myself over in the last dungeon by doing this though, You have to kill the big enemies to get through that place.

The game hit it's peak for me around Flanders canyon/Greede Underbelly. The part around the desert town Albana was the point where i was about to put it on the shelf for good.

I agree with a lot of that. Plus Van Heaven Waste was another terribly designed dungeon. Making you go all the way around because the doors were locked from the other side. Didn't help the fact that dungeon was huge and took forever to get about. Also the fact the first 2 doors you encounter are both locked and with a blue light on them (the ones that are open didn't have these on), but the third door has same said light on but is open, causing confusion.

I think the game certainly could have done with more monster varieties. It's not as bad as something like Eternal Sonata but you do get sick of the same monsters.

I think it did fall off a bit at the end because of the dungeons, but I did really enjoy it for the most part and look forward to a hopefully Western release of the sequel.

Edit: I also think the trophies suck in this game. No story ones suck big time, I mean not even one for completing the goddman game. I've put in 25/30 hours and have nothing to show for it :(

Just finished it and enjoyed it for the most time. The monster variety is my biggest gripe, I mean how many different "small" monsters are there, 5? ...
I liked the end fights, the music was awesome too. But the game just ends when it gets interesting, i really hope the 2nd one makes it to the west...
The ending cutscene is fucking ridiculous, i mean, YAY we are back in Balandor and are happy. Our enemys are stronger than ever, we have accomplished nothing but saving the princess and the mega-ub0r Sun Knight is going to conquer the world. I am a super duper White Knight and start working for my "dad" again etc.etc.... WHAT where they thinking? ...

Also there is a plothole that concerns me, right at the start of the game when one of the kings counselors talks to the king about letting the "circus" into town, he smirks, revealing he knows that its a trap. But at the end when Cisna sits at the round table with the counselors, he is still there?!? Have i missed something, or do they just look the same?

I give the game a 8/10

Top Bottom