• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official White Knight Chronicles Thread

onisegawa

Neo Member
Augemitbutter said:
damn, GR11 is really empty. guess i need to take a break soon.
You just have to wait for us and EU people to level up to that, I'm currently at GR5. The problem now is the release of FFXIII, will people stop playing WKC? we just have to see

onisegawa said:
You just have to wait for us and EU people to level up to that, I'm currently at GR5. The problem now is the release of FFXIII, will people stop playing WKC? we just have to see

will do and it won't be hard with all these great games coming out.

I3rand0

Just started this yesterday. About the 8 skill tree trophy, what's a good recommendation on the skills for the 4 reincarnations that I should choose? (ie longsword/axe, staff/divine, etc.)

Toki767

I3rand0 said:
Just started this yesterday. About the 8 skill tree trophy, what's a good recommendation on the skills for the 4 reincarnations that I should choose? (ie longsword/axe, staff/divine, etc.)
Staff/Elemental and bow/divine are very common combinations that I see. Divine though honestly works for anything. I can tell you by the time you hit your 3rd rebirth you can probably max out 3 stats in one go. By the time you hit your 4th there's a good chance you might be able to max out 4 stats on that reincarnation.

lljride

I'm trying to grind from GR9 to 10, but man it's starting to wear on me. I even broke it up by doing some farming for ice dragon skulls (still haven't gotten one though) and KODII runs for XP. FFXIII is coming out at a good time I guess, give myself a nice two week break from WKC which'll hopefully give me a second wind. I still really want to finish everything in the game.

Quick question for the GR11 peeps. Does BSCIII unlock at GR10 or 11? If it's at GR11 what's the best way to get from 10 to 11? It's already 100+ BSCII runs to 10, hopefully there's another better way to get to 11 (although knowing how this game is I'm not counting on it...).

BSCIII is at GR11.

i never really farmed GR from 10-11, i was mainly collecting materials for my armor, which took long enough. mainly 60+ Exterminator III runs.

Cornbread78

Volcynika said:
onisegawa, sent you a friend req on PSN.

Cornbread is un-addable since apparently he maxed his friends list out :lol

Me and a friend just went and S-Ranked a couple of the first quests and got to GR3, so if we're one short for whatever reason he can probably join.

Oops, my bad, I'll have to make some room, I'm trying to get further in the story so if we grind again this weekend, we can do different missions. I'm trying to find that stupid lizard right now, the guide book really does suck with directions, and there is no indicator on the map, that a little frustrating, I should kill the thing in about 2 mins, and then that should unlock a few more thing, so by Friday night I should be able to do even more with ya'll. I just have to now resist the temptation to break open my shiney new copy of FF13 that I'll be picking up....

Dynamic3

So I just finished the game and the story made no sense to me.

Why did Grazel make Leonard and Caesar chase him to the palace, if he only needed Cisna to unlock his knight?

I had no idea what the whole 'if all the knights come together something crazy will happen' thing was, especially since there is a 5th knight (well I assume since their were 5 children) and it never appears in order complete the group.

Also, what was the point of the 'Cisna vs. the immortal dude' thing. Once again I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

Basically Grazel wanted his knight so he could use it to show his followers how badass he is and get them to rebuild this ancient civilization right? Why couldn't he just have used Cisna by herself and been done with it? And don't even get me started on the Grazel/Setti thing haha.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Cornbread78

How far are you guys now in the story? I should be done with Greede tonight, and teh next section by Friday, so I should be good to go for more missions Friday night if anyone's in?

Contest Time!

All in the Cards
All in the Cards II
Station Attendant
Station Attendant II
Heat Waves
Heat Waves II

between 5pm PST on Friday, March 19 and 11:59pm on Sunday, March 21 to get entered into a drawing to win a 12-inch White Knight figure:

4417124003_bc2886e614_o.jpg

Open to people in the US Only

onisegawa

Neo Member
Cornbread78 said:
How far are you guys now in the story? I should be done with Greede tonight, and teh next section by Friday, so I should be good to go for more missions Friday night if anyone's in?

I have already completed the story and now doing New Game+ Took me less than an hour to get to Brasea. So easy after completing it once haha

Steroyd

Completed the game yesterday, it's probably the most weirdest ending to a RPG ever, the game finished just because...

Started a new game+ and now i'm collecting a bunch of weaponry and armour that's kicking ass, but I can't use. ;_;

Cornbread78

Steroyd said:
Completed the game yesterday, it's probably the most weirdest ending to a RPG ever, the game finished just because...

Started a new game+ and now i'm collecting a bunch of weaponry and armour that's kicking ass, but I can't use. ;_;

Looks like I got some stuff to look forward too, lol. I can't wait to finish finally.

Finally got the game (had it preordered but delivery time is abnormal right now...) Was glad to see low level people still in the game! Still have no clear idea how to find people to quest with. Should I search for "Same GR" rooms? Should I ask people to be my friends? If they're my friends, will it make gathering a party easier?

Thanks in advance. Loving the game btw.

Steroyd

Search Similar GR is reccomended.

It's best to try and get some buddies, there's nothing worse than joining a mission with a bunch of people who don't know what they're supposed to do, and you end up following each other aimlessly, that can happen for the first few ranks.

And I also reccomend getting to GR7 before starting a new game+, otherwise you end up collecting a bunch of weapons and armour you can't equip for a long while.

And hot damn is GR7 so hard, the difficulty spike just shot itself way up, before I could do awful in a mission and get a S rank, now I can't get one for shit.

Cornbread78

LOVE & TRUTH said:
Finally got the game (had it preordered but delivery time is abnormal right now...) Was glad to see low level people still in the game! Still have no clear idea how to find people to quest with. Should I search for "Same GR" rooms? Should I ask people to be my friends? If they're my friends, will it make gathering a party easier?

Thanks in advance. Loving the game btw.

I just finished Breasea and the Frass Trail, I should be nearing the end. I made the mistake to send all my cash on my GEO city, and not on new armor, LOL, Oh well, my Geonet city is looking pretty!

I'm at GR5 right now and I have a bunch of missions unlocked and waiting for a nice "S" next to them. Is anyone up to doing soem questing Sat. night 3/20 around 10:00pm (EST)?

klee123

Steroyd said:
And hot damn is GR7 so hard, the difficulty spike just shot itself way up, before I could do awful in a mission and get a S rank, now I can't get one for shit.

Wait till you play the GR9 missions like Heat Wave

Le-mo

I managed to finish the game the day Final Fantasy XIII came out, but it still feels incomplete to me. I didn't max the levels, max GR or have all the weapons/armors. I will be replaying this after the Final Fantasy XIII and God of War III madness.

eggandI

Banned
Rented this game over the weekend. So awesome. I thought it looked cool before but I didn't imagine I'd enjoy it this much. Will be buying this week!

Vlodril

Rented this game over the weekend. So awesome. I thought it looked cool before but I didn't imagine I'd enjoy it this much. Will be buying this week!

Yea this game is quite good actually. I was pleasantly surprised myself , i bought it on a whim since i hadn't played a jrpg since valkyria chronicles, and enjoyed it alot. I dont know why there is much hate for it :lol .

MaddMastaMike

Neo Member
I had to peel myself away from this in order to give FFxiii a decent run. I beat the story and already planning gr7,8 weapons run in ng+

I may have to take a week or 2 break cause all the damn great games that are releaseing
(GoW 3, RoF, etc etc) but I can see creeping back online a big possiblity

Cornbread78

MaddMastaMike said:
I had to peel myself away from this in order to give FFxiii a decent run. I beat the story and already planning gr7,8 weapons run in ng+

I may have to take a week or 2 break cause all the damn great games that are releaseing
(GoW 3, RoF, etc etc) but I can see creeping back online a big possiblity

See, I already split time with MW2 and this, so I'm going to finish everything in this before I even crack open FFXIII, so I can give that my full attention.

Cornbread78

comedian said:
Started this game a couple of days ago, GR3 (i think) and level 24(i think). If anyone wants to quest together, PSN: Plouffy.

Will you be around Sat. night around 10pm EST?

Originally Posted by: Verapamil
See, I already split time with MW2 and this

You, sir, are in a distinct minority!

I know, it's a weird combo, that's just who I am. I can easily get in touch with my inner RPG nerd, :lol

Th game is really good, so it's not hard to jump over.

rykomatsu

WKC2 info, supposedly, in this week's Famitsu (JPN release)

Summer 2010 release
New character, Miu, voiced by Kugimiya Rie
Battle gauge has been sped up
Dash has been added
Changing seasons and weather

Paznos

rykomatsu said:

Summer 2010 release
Dash has been added
Nice!! that seems to be a complaint for a lot of people and I thought it was a tad slow too, the weather changes could be cool too but how quickly would the seasons change?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
rykomatsu said:

Summer 2010 release
Dash has been added

Yeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Le-mo

rykomatsu said:

Summer 2010 release
Dash has been added
2012 release for the rest of the world:lol

sounds good, yay for sped up battle guage. throw in tougher enemies & more reliance on affinities/weaknesses, and a faster/easier way to switch characters, and the battle system would be much improved!

rykomatsu said:
Is the character design the same or different this time around?

Wonder if it will be possible to load the save from the first one and have, say, the same avatar as in the first game.

Upd: nvm, seen the scans, it's the same.

klee123

animlboogy said:
Is it worth getting this game to play almost exclusively online? I just got a PS3 and I've had my eye on this one for awhile.

I've clocked 180 hours on the US version and only 20 of those hours are on the single player portion of the game.

For me, the online play and georama IS the main part of the game.

well, i hope they will lengthen buff periods in WKC2, i got so sick of constantly re-buffing haste and other spells.

Suzzopher said:
Does anyone know if us Europeans will get the new quests?

i'm pretty sure US and EU are on the same servers, so yes.

Top Bottom