• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Wipeout HD FURY Thread of jizzplosion in your pants

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
_leech_ said:
Um, where are you guys downloading it from? I don't see it on the store yet.

Because it's not up on the US store yet. :lol :lol

Just wait until at least 5PM EST before you start bitching about Sony being slow/not having a standard update time for every region like MS does.

TheSeks said:
This, no contest. You only get... what... another two maps for Killzone 2 for the same amount of money?

Stop supporting GG fleecing you with that shit.

Ya, it was really between Shattered and this, KZ2 was just another release that I was kinda considering. I havent bought any DLC for KZ2 though, I was thinking of grabbing these to get back in the game.

Detonator is some true hot shit, gentlemen. Conceptually its zone mode sprinkled with Geometry Wars. Its delicious, and the tracks look amazing in Zone Battle mode, like crazy awesome.

epmode

jett said:
Wipeout HD has a better futuristic world than Mass Effect. THAT'S RIGHT I JUST SAID THAT. ;)

Maybe Sony Liverpool could try their hand at something other than a racer.
I would never ever want the Wipeout games to stop but I've always been very interested in the world outside of the tracks. I mean, the trackside ads are obviously ridiculously stylish but they're also pretty intriguing. Robots, androids, etc. And you have to love a society that puts a zero-g racing circuit in the middle of a shopping mall.

I think i'll buy this but I hate it that online will be dead in a few days. ;( But i quite liked the offline experience and friendly play. Have to redownload WipEout again anyways.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
By "8 tracks", does this mean 8 entirely separate tracks, or is it 4 new tracks with forward/reverse on each one?

epmode

Kaijima said:
By "8 tracks", does this mean 8 entirely separate tracks, or is it 4 new tracks with forward/reverse on each one?
4 new regular tracks (+ reverse), 4 new zone tracks (+ reverse).

I *think* the zone tracks are actually different from the regular levels in Fury, unlike vanilla HD.

MDSLKTR

ChefRamsay said:
I've been able to see the Fury trophies within my WipEout HD trophy list on my PS3 for the past couple weeks.

Glitch or marketing?

All ps3 games get their trophy list updated when new ones are added via an expansion even when you don't have the said expansion.
See for example lpb that has mgs trophies and mirror edge with the map pack.

Ugh, man. I bought Wipeout HD last week during the Summer Sale. I don't know if I should get the DLC now or get it later and continue playing the main game. I only finished Uplift....AHHHH. Decisions, decisions.

Goldrusher

MDSLKTR said:
All ps3 games get their trophy list updated when new ones are added via an expansion even when you don't have the said expansion.
See for example lpb that has mgs trophies and mirror edge with the map pack.
Yes, but only online, when comparing trophies with friends.
It's only when an actual patch or update is installed, that you see the new trophies in the trophy section of the XMB, which was the case for WipEout HD.

Danielsan

I played it for an hour or so.
I haven't even begun to scratch the surface.
One thing is for sure, it's soooo damn good.

John_B

The expansion is sexy. The visual upgrades are very noticeable.

It's been a while since I last played, kinda got worn out after achieving the platinum trophy. I don't remember Flash going so fast :lol

It's a bit of a shame that this franchise gets overlooked. Best futuristic racer since F-Zero GX.

Nachkebia

Banned
downloading! wohooo, can not wait, I suck at this game but I still love it and I think it is one of the best futuristic racers evaa :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Modesto Heights omnomnomnomnom :O

2i6dwus.jpg

fncxgp.jpg

a2442c.jpg

ChefRamsay said:
I've been able to see the Fury trophies within my WipEout HD trophy list on my PS3 for the past couple weeks.

Glitch or marketing?

Im just posting the list in case somebody has missed them.

Most trophy expansions are viewable long before release.

Crewnh said:
Ugh, man. I bought Wipeout HD last week during the Summer Sale. I don't know if I should get the DLC now or get it later and continue playing the main game. I only finished Uplift....AHHHH. Decisions, decisions.

Definitely wait, you will appreciate the DLC a lot more than if you were to just buy this right away I think.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Crewnh said:

Buy it now. If only for the game modes it adds. You can always play the main non-Fury camp, finish that (on Elite if you truely are skilled *they really should patch the "elite" trophy to skilled since Elite is balls hard :lol ) and then go into the Fury Expansion.

Blizzard

Banned
Thread title is so awkward.

The screenshots look really impressive, and I was guessing since they were so clean it might have a PC port. After a little research, it turns out that WipeOut HD apparently features a screenshot feature that lets you copy your screenshots to a PC. :lol Is that such a hard feature to add, developers? Now people can easily show off your pretty game to their friends on the internet. Unlike, say, Brawl, where they had like 128-bit AES encryption or something awesome like that, plus weird compression.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This looks completely unbif-ingleavable. I was hoping they would release some of the tracks in the more experimental style, but this has far exceeded what I thought they would do.

FCMaxi

Just had a little play test and was blown away, a visual feast for the eyes. Also love the redesigned menus. Sexy

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How does this expansion integrate into the main game? Do you have to pass all the original "cups" or whatever to get to this content, or is it interspersed?

satriales

FlyinJ said:
How does this expansion integrate into the main game? Do you have to pass all the original "cups" or whatever to get to this content, or is it interspersed?
You can choose to play the main campaign or the fury campaign, so it is unlocked already regardless of how much of the Main campaign you have completed.

jiggles

Banned
So what's the protocol with big 1080p shots? Am I allowed to dump them straight here with no thumbs?

I've took some nice ones.

Top Bottom