• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Wipeout HD FURY Thread of jizzplosion in your pants

Vespene

Some of these shots are a mesmerizing seizure.

014.jpg

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Jesus Christ this looks killer, plus new music!!! Will deffo be buying. Hopefully they added an 'easier' mode to the full WOHD game but I doubt it :lol

xero273

djtiesto said:
Jesus Christ this looks killer, plus new music!!! Will deffo be buying. Hopefully they added an 'easier' mode to the full WOHD game but I doubt it :lol

I think one of the updates added a novice mode.

jiggles

Banned
Paint.NET freaked out a bit when I ran these through it for resizing (probably because of the DIGITAL SEX). Hope they work.

wohd_20090723_183556small.jpg

wohd_20090723_184026small.jpg

wohd_20090723_184449small.jpg

wohd_20090723_185044small.jpg

wohd_20090723_185342small.jpg

wohd_20090723_185951small.jpg

wohd_20090723_190144small.jpg

wohd_20090723_190457small.jpg

wohd_20090723_190643small.jpg

wohd_20090723_191046small.jpg

wohd_20090723_191424small.jpg

wohd_20090723_191602small.jpg

Furious.

Lumine

Just been playing for a few hours. It's great! I was pleasantly surprised to see a whole new campain, I was just expecting 1 new event, not 8. :)
New tracks look great. No large complex ones, but similar tight ones. All good though.
All the new modes are awesome. Except maybe zone battle, not so sure about that one yet. :p
Don't like the new songs much unfortunately, but oh well.

It's really good shit. :0)

mrWalrus

Banned
Incredible. Do visuals get any better?

I can't wait to download this later.
Can we please get a negcon for the PS3?

OSHAN

Very much looking forward to downloading this when I get home.

Then, I'll probably just play some BlazBlue, because I'm insane.

The pictures in the other thread were awesome enough, but the ones in this thread are even more awesome. I definitely have to get this when I have the money. It's too beautiful to pass up.

Erebus

jigglywiggly said:
Paint.NET freaked out a bit when I ran these through it for resizing (probably because of the DIGITAL SEX). Hope they work.

wohd_20090723_183556small.jpg

Furious.

OMFG! :O
Bullshots just became real!:D

Detonator Mode is awesome, so are the zone specific tracks (from a visual standpoint, as in "holy crap I did not take any drugs, did I?" :lol )

and you can play the new modes on all the old tracks :)

I think the addon in total is even better then the main game, although I would have loved another map-setting like Sol 2.

The new invite/Friendlistsystem from th 2.00 Patch is very nice, too. You can join with one Button even during an offline race (you see a popup in the right corner) and you see in the menu what your Friends are during in WO.

Danielsan

I'm not sure that I understand Zone Battle... :/

SolidusDave said:
Detonator Mode is awesome, so are the zone specific tracks (from a visual standpoint, as in "holy crap I did not take any drugs, did I?" :lol )

and you can play the new modes on all the old tracks :)

I think the addon in total is even better then the main game, although I would have loved another map-setting like Sol 2.

The new invite/Friendlistsystem from th 2.00 Patch is very nice, too. You can join with one Button even during an offline race (you see a popup in the right corner) and you see in the menu what your Friends are during in WO.
It now feels like a complete retail game. The online connectivity is super flashed out. Invites, nudges, seeing what others are playing etc...
I love Fury!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So I lost my save with my new PS3, and everything is locked out. Can I still play Fury maps without beating the campaign?

Danielsan

I played for nearly 3 hours straight. Time for a break. My eyes are burning from the amazing.

chubigans said:
So I lost my save with my new PS3, and everything is locked out. Can I still play Fury maps without beating the campaign?
Yes. Now go buy it! ;)

DR2K

Banned
Deleted Wipeout off my HDD a while back, couldn't stand the game play. Is this expansion possibly fixing it so that turning isn't as complicated as rocket science?

lupinko

DR2K said:
Deleted Wipeout off my HDD a while back, couldn't stand the game play. Is this expansion possibly fixing it so that turning isn't as complicated as rocket science?

Probably not.

Danielsan

DR2K said:
The core gameplay is the same. Turning really isn't rocket science though (it sure as hell doesn't need fixing).
You use your left analog stick (or d-pad) to move your ship left and right and you hold the left trigger to take sharp corners to the left and the right trigger to take sharp corners to the right.
The game starts you off on slowmo Venom mode and before you know it you're cruising through the tracks at mind boggling Phantom speed like a knife through hot butter.

Hot tip: Go into zone mode and only use your airbrakes to steer (never touch the d-pad or analog stick). This way you will truly understand what the the airbrakes do.

edgefusion

DR2K said:

You'll have to get that degree in rocket science like the rest of GAF I'm afraid.

Must be up there with the best pieces of DLC. I'm loving the new tracks, look of the vehicles and game modes. It's nice to get reacquainted with Wipeout :D

Xater

This piec eof DLC is amazing. Definately up there with the best of this generation. For me this is only slightly behind Big Surf Island.

loving it so far

remember how the original was delayed due to potential epilespy problems and the zone mode got toned down?

I've just played a few games of detonator and the new zone track ...it might be that i've not played WipeoutHD for a while or the new music but it now seems like complete sensory fucking overload, zone mode has never been this good:D

panda21

this is too good. i just cant believe how amazing it looks, runs really smoothly, and is freaking awesome fun.

the detonator mode alone is worthy of a psn game this price.

cant wait to see what liverpool do next.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Played some Fury Campaign and while I love the new ships/tracks/game modes, I'm not particularly thrilled by the increased occurrence of frame drops and tearing (at least at 1080p). Why Liverpool, why?

Top Bottom