• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official WipEout HD thrEad of unEcessary captilization

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm convinced that winning on Elite difficulty requires a lot of luck. No matter how perfect your skill...if you hit every speed boost... it all comes down to luck on the weapons you get and the weapons your opponents get and hoping they use them successfully on other ships.

h3ro

jett said:
Am I crazy or does custom-soundtracks cause framerate problems in Zone mode? That's what it seems to me...I'm surprised this game has all these bugs despite the..."extra time" they had to finish it.

No hitches here using the G.A.M.E. tracks...

mileS

Android18a said:
They really need to release this on Blu-ray like they did with Quest for Booty. Of my 4 PS3-owning friends, only one of them even knew this was out, and two don't like downloading games because of slow internet speeds.

I think they're mad not to give this a physical form. At least in Europe, where Wipeout remains a massively recognised series. All my friends love the PSP games, yet they didn't even know about this game? Sony should at least advertise PSN games =0

They should just go ahead and download it anyway because 998mb is smaller than most demos these days.

PowderedToast

This game is pretty special. I've never been someone who enjoys replaying levels to find the best shortcuts and get the best times, it's never really mattered to me. But with this, I'm absolutely hooked. If I miss a boost pad I was meant to hit I'll restart, if I don't barrel roll I'll restart, If I touch the sides too much I'll restart. Getting a Bronze and passing isn't enough, I need to get Gold and I won't stop till I do. It's a testament to how great this game really is, I guess. It's just so fun.

McLovin

WipedOut said:
I've noticed that many people online try on purpose to knock you off the track. Last night I did something that made me laugh so hard I almost couldn't complete the race. One guy in a Auricom ship was trying to bounce me off the track, I hit both airbrakes at the same time right before he hit me and he went flying off the track instead.

Online is what makes this game. I just wish more people would talk.
I would piss my pants laughing if that happened to me :lol

Can someone please explain to me what specifically is the use for pitch? I assumed it was for controlling your ships length of time in the air like F-Zero but from what I've noticed it has no real useful effect in the air. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Fireblend

Banned
I don't own whatever console this is in, but I just wanted to come here and say my OCD's killing me because there's an uncapitalized "e" in the title and I can't stand it. It should be unEcEssary.

...yeah.

nataku

Motion controls kill my wrists... I can't play the game with them for more than a few races before I really start to ache. Too bad too, because I love how smoothly I can take corners. I'm really disappointed that you still have to tilt the controller so far, even with the sensitivity at 100%.

Those of you who play with motion controls, how do you rest your arms? I'm trying with them resting on the arm rests of my chair, but it just creates really awkward angles when I take turns. Having my arms just floating in the air also feels really uncomfortable.

MisterAnderson: I'm pretty sure tilt is used for maintaing speed on slopes or inclines. Tilt up when going up hill, down when downhill. Try to keep your craft as level as possbile for the best speed.

Fireblend said:
I don't own whatever console this is in, but I just wanted to come here and say my OCD's killing me because there's an uncapitalized "e" in the title and I can't stand it. It should be unEcEssary.

...yeah.

Your OCD fails, should also be ThE. Although perhaps it's meant to be every "e" after WipEout, but whatever.

nataku said:
Motion controls kill my wrists... I can't play the game with them for more than a few races before I really start to ache. Too bad too, because I love how smoothly I can take corners. I'm really disappointed that you still have to tilt the controller so far, even with the sensitivity at 100%.

Those of you who play with motion controls, how do you rest your arms? I'm trying with them resting on the arm rests of my chair, but it just creates really awkward angles when I take turns. Having my arms just floating in the air also feels really uncomfortable.

MisterAnderson: I'm pretty sure tilt is used for maintaing speed on slopes or inclines. Tilt up when going up hill, down when downhill. Try to keep your craft as level as possbile for the best speed.

Ok, I figured it might be used for that as well, but didn't know for sure. Also, when I use motion controls I never feel like I am having to tilt too far, but I am not sure I have to do it again and check. I don't rest my arms anywhere I just hold the controller like I normally would, face up in both of my hands. Are you holding it like a steering wheel? (the face buttons facing your face) Because if you are, maybe that is creating the awkward angle on your wrists. It's much easier to just lay it flat in your hands and tilt.

Gowans

neojubei said:
searching right now

just in a tournament, search now.

God the rubbish online setup (no invites) really hurts this game (along with the lack on voice) online.

The game itself is smooth as silk.

Volcynika

Gowans007 said:
just in a tournament, search now.

God the rubbish online setup (no invites) really hurts this game (along with the lack on voice) online.

The game itself is smooth as silk.

I'm in your game :eek:

rabhw

Good games Gowan, friend request incoming. Is that twiggy guy a gaffer? We had some really tight races :D

Edit, I want to keep playing but I keep getting cramps in my accelerator thumb for some reason lol

BeeDog

Fireblend said:

...yeah.

Also, my OCD always focuses on the misspelled "capitalization". Now it's "captilization". :lol

Gowans

rabhw said:
Good games Gowan, friend request incoming. Is that twiggy guy a gaffer? We had some really tight races :D

Edit, I want to keep playing but I keep getting cramps in my accelerator thumb for some reason lol

yeah I had a full on MARE!!!! dead last in the tourney by a mile :( :lol good games man

rabhw

Gowans007 said:
yeah I had a full on MARE!!!! dead last in the tourney by a mile :( :lol good games man

I fell off the track TWICE in that last map (I don't think I've gotten far enough in single player to have played it yet?). I just got some lucky ass powerups to finish in second somehow heh

Yeah, I'm going to have to get a bluetooth headset. Anyone have any recommendations for ps3?

nataku

MisterAnderson said:
Are you holding it like a steering wheel? (the face buttons facing your face) Because if you are, maybe that is creating the awkward angle on your wrists. It's much easier to just lay it flat in your hands and tilt.

Nope, just like a normal controller, buttons facing the ceiling. I normally just rest controllers in my lap when playing, but when I use the tilt and I want to turn left for example, I lower my left hand. If the controller is resting on my lap, I obviously can't do that. Maybe I just need to get used to raising my hands to turn (raise my right hand to turn left, left hand to turn right) instead of lowering one to turn.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Fireblend said:

...yeah.
After I enter the tread "-NeoGaf -Mozillia Firefox" is added on to the end. So, even if the title is fixed, most people still can't win!

nataku said:
Nope, just like a normal controller, buttons facing the ceiling. I normally just rest controllers in my lap when playing, but when I use the tilt and I want to turn left for example, I lower my left hand. If the controller is resting on my lap, I obviously can't do that. Maybe I just need to get used to raising my hands to turn (raise my right hand to turn left, left hand to turn right) instead of lowering one to turn.

You might want to try just leaning forward, resting your elbows/forearms on your legs while you hold the controller suspended in the air in front of you. That might make it easier if your arms get tired easily.

Shinraven

so i have 3 peep on my friends list and the game froze on the warning screen, I called sony, re-downloaded. I played once, turned off machine...now its freezing on the menu select campaign mode. wtf is up with this game

or is something wrong w my ps3 ???

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Shinraven said:
so i have 3 peep on my friends list and the game froze on the warning screen, I called sony, re-downloaded. I played once, turned off machine...now its freezing on the menu select campaign mode. wtf is up with this game

disable internet connection = no more crashes.

h3ro

Shinraven said:

Try signing out of PSN and playing.

Lebron

Hah, this game so much fun online....even if you suck:lol

Only problem is some of friends are always getting owned with game freezes during online races. I hope they get that sorted out with a patch. Has yet to happen to me though.

BeeDog

I'm probably the only one here, but for the first time in like ever, I noticed I follow the game movements with my head/upper body, angling it when the ship takes sharp corners and shit. Can't remember a game doing that to me since like ever.

Banned
BeeDog said:
I'm probably the only one here, but for the first time in like ever, I noticed I follow the game movements with my head/upper body, angling it when the ship takes sharp corners and shit. Can't remember a game doing that to me since like ever.
I do this too, and I've never done it before, ever. :lol

RpgN

Gowans007 said:
good games guys, still far to near the bottom for me, gonna have one more before kip, let turn the speed up a little.

Are you guys still playing? I'm up for a round with neogaf dudes!

Reave

Damn, trying to find someone to gameshare with is tough these days. Glad to hear everyone likes it. Can't wait to try it one day.

Shinraven

the game wont work on mine. I redownloaded it a second time, installed it...patch it the lock...nothing. just wont load.

I dont get it. grrrrrr

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Shinraven said:
the game wont work on mine. I redownloaded it a second time, installed it...patch it the lock...nothing. just wont load.

I dont get it. grrrrrr

there seems to be a porblem if you have more than 50friends on your list

AndyD

aka andydumi
EktorPR said:
It seriously sucks that I haven't been able to play this game anymore as of last night. Thursday night was crash-less, but since yesterday I've only been met with crashes once I hit "Campaign" on the menu screen.

Seriously sucks. :(

This is my issue, except the crashed were there from day one. Either it locks loading the menu, or as I hit campaign, or options.

But on my other account with less than 50 freinds, no issues.

Ceb

jett said:
Oh man zone mode is just too good. As close to gameplay zen as I've ever experienced.

It's given me an incentive to rip a whole lot more albums to my PS3. So oddly relaxing even though it gets so hectic.

Shinraven

sankt-Antonio said:
there seems to be a porblem if you have more than 50friends on your list

I only have 3 people on my list. i hardly play my ps3. so..my list is not the problem the game just wont load.

It stays at the warning menu telling me to press X

DrPirate

Banned
jett said:
Oh man zone mode is just too good. As close to gameplay zen as I've ever experienced.

This. At a certain point you "zone" out (pun not intended) and you get lost in it.

Until frustration sets in and you start banging along the sides like a pinball in a pinball machine :(

megateto

Are many of you using motion control? I just use the tilt function, I tried full motion control once and it was a complete mess. Is there any sensibility level I should change?

xero273

andydumi said:
But on my other account with less than 50 freinds, no issues.

There is a bug where if you have more than 50 friends the game will freeze. I don't know if this is the cause of the problem since I have read people with more than 50 can play without freezing.

Top Bottom