• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886: Official spoiler thread for all black bars

Sid

(Sorry for quoting from another thread, but it was closed before I could post in it and I want to clarify things - hope it doesn't get me banned.)

Hi guys! :p

I'm gonna offer you a detailed breakdown of my playtime with the game since you brought me up into this discussion.

It took me almost 10 hours to finish the game (from 12:45 from 22:30) on normal mode without aim assist. But I also took a lunch break of almost 30 minutes and another small break of 15 minutes. So that's somewhere around 9 hours.

I got the first trophy after almost 2 hours of gameplay.

I didn't rush through the game at all. I explored every possible zone in the game. I have admired and took pictures (that gore picture that is around the internet is made by me, I even posted here on GAF). I listened to all pedestrians conversations. I got almost all collectables except for 2 (I would also like to point out that the game doesn't keep track of your collectables somewhere so I didn't know where to search for them). I even restarted some checkpoints intentionally where there were a lot of enemies to get some combat related trophies.

After finishing the game I took a 2 hour break I think. And then restarted the game on easy in order to find the missing collectables. After some chapters of playing I remembered a I didn't get to explore a room completely because a cinematic was triggered and it got me out of the room. Fortunately, the last collectables where in that room.
Yes, the game is pretty short. I think someone can even finish it in 7-8 hours on their first playthrough if they don't go after trophies/collectables, just following the objective.

If you guys have any other questions I am here to answer. :)
How many pictures did you take?

N.Domixis

Banned
I think its time sony moves away from cinematic experiences that aren't from naughty dog, all thier other devs are terrible at it. Do more gameplay games like boodborne.

Alienous

If you play on lower difficulties yes.

Hold on a second. I'm not so sure about this notion, because it seems to be the playthroughs we've see haven't chosen their difficuty. It would seem like they were played on Normal, unless the difficulty of the game is dictated some ways into it.

nib95

Banned
Hold on a second. I'm not so sure about this notion, because it seems to be the playthroughs we've see haven't chosen their difficuty. It would seem like they were played on Normal, unless the difficulty of the game is dictated some ways into it.

Pretty sure based on the amount of damage he can take before being downed. And yes there is a difficulty selection option. Most GAFers have been playing it on Hard, which is likely one of the reasons they're clocking higher play times.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
So the game is about 5 1/2 hours long, and 2 of those hours are cut scenes?

I just watched the last boss fight on YT. It is entirely QTE focused. Can anyone who has played the game just touch on whether this is how the game plays throughout?

Alienous

Pretty sure based on the amount of damage he can take before being downed. And yes there is a difficulty selection option. Most GAFers have been playing it on Hard, which is likely one of the reasons they're clocking higher play times.

Perhaps it's a setting akin to "Invert Y Axis", then. I'm not seeing an option to start a new game with a particular difficulty in the videos I've seen.

ReNeGaDe124

Okay thanx.
That seems to be how it is then.

Now how would YOU rate the game?

I would give it a 7.5. I enjoyed playing it but I find it pretty hard to justify the full price.

There is nothing broken about the game, on the contrary, it's one of the most refined games I have played in a while. The graphics, acting, sound and production value are top tier. The story is good, but nothing memorable. I liked some of the characters, the atmosphere and the world they created. Unfortunately, the gameplay is just functional, basic. Also, the pacing in the first two hours of the game bothered me (the majority of those hours where walking and cutscenes). This and the fact that cutscenes cannot be skipped makes me think replaying the game will feel like a chore.

I really expected more from the game. There wasn't much in addition to what was shown already in videos. I was really thinking before playing it that the developers where keeping a lot of things unknown, but it wasn't so. There were only
new locations we haven't seen before and
one gun
. I thought there would be more scientific weapons. I got excited when the
vampires
where introduced, thinking maybe I will fight them and add some variety to the game, but only to be disappointed afterwards. Instead I go through the same repetitive lycan encounter.

I look forward to a sequel, because I think the franchise has potential, but the developers have to come with a more fleshed out campaign that takes some risks and maybe some form of multiplayer to increase the game's replayability.

How many pictures did you take?

Around 50. The most I have taken in any game, it's gorgeous.

Sid

I would give it a 7.5. I enjoyed playing it but I find it pretty hard to justify the full price.

There is nothing broken about the game, on the contrary, it's one of the most refined games I have played in a while. The graphics, acting, sound and production value are top tier. The story is good, but nothing memorable. I liked some of the characters, the atmosphere and the world they created. Unfortunately, the gameplay is just functional, basic. Also, the pacing in the first two hours of the game bothered me (the majority of those hours where walking and cutscenes). I and the fact that cutscenes cannot be skipped makes me think replaying the game will feel like a chore.

I really expected more from the game. There wasn't much in addition to what was shown already in videos. I was really thinking before playing it that the developers where keeping a lot of things unknown, but it wasn't so. There were only
one gun
vampires
where introduced, thinking maybe I will fight them and add some variety to the game, but only to be disappointed afterwards. Instead I go through the same repetitive lycan encounter.

I look forward to a sequel, because I think the franchise has potential, but the developers have to come with a more fleshed out campaign that takes some risks and maybe some form of multiplayer.

That's a lot,how much time did you spend just taking pictures? these impressions are pretty disappointing TBH

Alienous

There is nothing broken about the game, on the contrary, it's one of the most refined games I have played in a while. The graphics, acting, sound and production value are top tier. The story is good, but nothing memorable. I liked some of the characters, the atmosphere and the world they created. Unfortunately, the gameplay is just functional, basic. Also, the pacing in the first two hours of the game bothered me (the majority of those hours where walking and cutscenes). I and the fact that cutscenes cannot be skipped makes me think replaying the game will feel like a chore.

one gun
vampires

I look forward to a sequel, because I think the franchise has potential, but the developers have to come with a more fleshed out campaign that takes some risks and maybe some form of multiplayer to increase the game's replayability.

Just one question. How do you select the difficulty mode, and what's its default setting?

Noobcraft

So not looking at any of the spoilers, this shit is still happening?

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/566955654230061056

Didn't we have someone in another thread saying it was twice that?
Reposting from the last page:
A complete gameplay walkthrough on YouTube came in at:
Ep 1: 12:28
Ep 2: 29:23
Ep 3: 16:33
Ep 4: 46:01
Ep 5: 24:26
Ep 6: 32:42
Ep 7: 7:33
Ep 8: 6:42
Ep 9: 21:38
Ep 10: 43:08
Ep 11: 4:08
Ep 12: 44:16
Ep 13: 5:37
Ep 14: 5:18
Ep 15: 5:32
Ep 16: 10:49
Ep 17 (the end/boss/ch.18): 9:24

323 mins, which is about 5 hours 20 mins.

Granted it will probably vary a lot between players (taking photos, collecting everything, admiring the environments, etc)

Forsete

So not looking at any of the spoilers, this shit is still happening?

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/566955654230061056

Didn't we have someone in another thread saying it was twice that?

Depends on how you play the game. There is a Youtube walkthrough that is about 5 hours long, however he is rushing through the game, ignoring a lot of stuff.

Why is no one sharing direct feed screens of this game? It seems quite a few have it already, so start uploading screeeeeeens!

ReNeGaDe124

That's a lot,how much time did you spend just taking pictures? these impressions are pretty disappointing TBH

Let's say 10-15 minutes tops. I wasn't really looking for the best angle. When there was something I liked on screen I would push the share button to save the screenshot.

Just one question. How do you select the difficulty mode, and what's its default setting?

If I remember correctly it didn't make me chose the difficulty when I selected New Game, it just started straight away. I might be wrong though and I don't have the game anymore to check this. The thing I know for sure is that you can change the difficulty from the options menu before starting the game and even while playing. It defaults to Normal.

shandy706

323 mins, which is about 5 hours 20 mins.

Does this include cutscenes?

Is 2 hours of cutscenes accurate? Does that make 3 hours and 20 mins of gameplay?

nib95

Banned
Reposting from the last page:

Granted it will probably vary a lot between players (taking photos, collecting everything, admiring the environments, etc)

How many times does the player die through this play through?

Alienous

How many times does the player die through this play through?

That is a good question. But I do recall that the deaths are left in, so at the very least they aren't be edited out.

Not to defend that game, but that's actually harsh on Uncharted 3.

At least that boss fight was in line with all their melee combat.

Similarly in the Order 1886 those knife duels occur multiple times.

I really expected more from the game. There wasn't much in addition to what was shown already in videos. I was really thinking before playing it that the developers where keeping a lot of things unknown, but it wasn't so.

Thanx buddy!

rrc1594

I really don't understand why this game doesn't have co-op doe. PvP I can understand,but it looks like it can have some Story mode co-op

KKRT00

Are there any set pieces in this game? If yes, can You point me chapters?
I skipped through some, but basically most had several characters on screens at most and some nice vistas, but no set pieces.

one gun
vampires

To be honest, this is what I wanted from the game. A solid foundation is a good start for this franchise. In their (hopeful) sequel, they can make the campaign longer and more complex and hopefully pull an Uncharted 2 and add in some MP. Solid. Still probably going to pick this up full price.
Yeah, has been for years. Normal is typically autopilot.
I really didn't realize this until the past year or two. Playing on hard has made games more challenging, fun and gratifying to complete.

nib95

Banned
Does this include cutscenes?

Is 2 hours of cutscenes accurate? Does that make 3 hours and 20 mins of gameplay?

According to CassidyIzABeast's calculation earlier, including the other chapters there should be a total of around 1 hour 15 minutes of cutscenes in the game. I think. Not sure where 2 hours came from.

2 chapters still need to be accounted for but the current playtime for the Prologue + chapters 1-13 is 05:01:37

That's without inspecting the notes/papers/pictures or picking up any of the audio logs

If you remove the chapters that are almost exclusively cutscenes the playtime is 04:03:01

Unless those next 2 chapter are OD long, his claim of 5 hours and some change seems to be accurate.

Top Bottom