• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The original Ghost In The Shell anime actors dubbing the live-action movie in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinUK86

http://kotaku.com/original-ghost-in-the-shell-anime-actors-dubbing-the-li-1793147644

Akio Otsuka will be voicing Batou as did in the 1995 Ghost in the Shell anime feature, its 2004 sequel Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence and Stand Alone complex.

Koichi Yamadera will be returning as the voice of Togusa, while Atsuko Tanaka will voice Scarlett Johansson’s character.

Tanaka, of course, voiced Motoko Kusanagi in the 1995 anime feature as well as through Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

Funny turn of events.

bengraven

That is fucking awesome.

If I had watched the sub version of the anime religiously I would watch the Japanese version in a heartbeat.

This is great, the power of great Hollywood production value, which Japan rarely ever seems to get right, and the voice acting from Japanese voice actors which is pretty powerful. A great melding of two strengths

Dub already the superior version. Hopefully they correct the Major's name to Motoko in the dub. I would buy the movie if this feature was included.

Off topic but does anyone know if the Mondo steel book release of the 1995 film next week is a new edition or just the same as the 25th anniversary?

UCBooties

Hey that's awesome! I'm glad the original cast will be getting a chance to work on it. I wonder if any of the dialogue and name changes will be reverted to their original names for the Japanese dub.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I actually like ScarJo's raspy voice, but this may be one of those weird occasions where the dubbed version is better...

Whompa02

My friend is working on this project and says that they really want to treat this with respect.

Hope the project is equally respected by fans...I personally love GITS, and I'm open to this movie and hope it's good. So far I think it might be decent. We'll see!

Ashhong

I'm sorry to be slightly off topic, but I watched the 1995 anime for the first time yesterday. I was under the impression that the movie was a remake of that, but there were a lot of things different just in the trailer alone. Is it supposed to be a loose adaptation of the movie or is it an adaption from the manga itself? I don't know much about the manga, is the 1995 movie a direct adaption of it or its own story as well?

Off topic but does anyone know if the Mondo steel book release of the 1995 film next week is a new edition or just the same as the 25th anniversary?

Just read that it's the same as the 25th. Then I looked that up and read it has a ton of issues...Super disappointing as I wanted to pick up that steel book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom