• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pinball Arcade |OT| play them all from Soho to Brighton

jvm

Gamasutra.
Ok, Farsight sent me a bum code. Anyone else having trouble? :( :( :(

Edit: Looking at PAF forums, looks like it might be because I have a code for the pro version and that's not released yet. Brill.

Edit 2: Uh, I see pro version on the store? But I also see an unavailable version on the store. Not sure what's going on. :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Are they upgrading any of the textures (especially on the little goofy fixtures in each game -- castles etc.)? One of the few graphical things that bothers me and looking at the Funhouse guy he doesn't seem much improved. Love the lighting changes.

Man, I love T2, but what's with the lack of any effort to implement the nice lighting schemes available elsewhere on tables released on the console versions of TPA? Their work on this is so fucking hit or miss, with many seeming to be the product of just not bothering at all. Very disappointed in that as it seems that the PS4 and all of the other versions are now taking time and resources away from current platforms with a not-so insignificant userbase. Step this shit up, FarSight.

Shaneus

Another pinball tourney tonight, this time it's on CftBL. Kind of excite, as it's the only table I've *only* played on TPA. It's also the first tourney since I got my High Speed.
I think if I was to choose any DMD pin after my current purchase, I reckon it would be Creature.

Man, I love T2, but what's with the lack of any effort to implement the nice lighting schemes available elsewhere on tables released on the console versions of TPA? Their work on this is so fucking hit or miss, with many seeming to be the product of just not bothering at all. Very disappointed in that as it seems that the PS4 and all of the other versions are now taking time and resources away from current platforms with a not-so insignificant userbase. Step this shit up, FarSight.
I have no idea. I fired it up, and the first thing I notice is that the playfield is so fucking dark! I suspect they've also completely disabled post-processing as well, as when I went to compare it to Centaur, sure enough all the lights had a glow to them. Nothing like that on T2.
My hopes aren't high for the PC release for that reason, either. Other than fixing game/engine/table bugs, there are so many visual inconsistencies that cannot be seen on any other platform (different coloured highway ramps on Taxi, texture errors on other tables) it makes you wonder how "unified" or whatever their engine is that they can apparently just "port" tables from one platform to another.

Frustrating as hell, and from what I can tell, absolutely zero reason for it at all.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I finally cleared 550K in Firepower and completed the standard goal set. I could have gotten credit for four of the wizard goals, too, if the fucking game would have let me. I got an extra ball after clearing 410K, cleared the 750K wizard goal score (I actually cleared one million and got the score counter to roll over), I think I earned the biggest possible bonus, and I think I hit the 50K Firepower target, but I'm not sure about that. I activated multiball not once, but twice.

And I don't get credit for any of that. I activated multiball on a subsequent game to get credit for that wizard goal, but still, I got robbed.

I also cleared the standard goals for Terminator 2 and Flight 2000, but those were anticlimactic at best. Well, except for activating multiball on Flight 2000, but that's a different story.

Shaneus

So guys. CftBL tournament tonight. What's the best/easiest way to score points? I've read through the instructions and know about hitting the right ramp 12 times or something, but I don't know what to do after that (and I can't remember how to get the "millions" left ramp mode going, although I've been able to do it several times). Is that all I need to know?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
After playing the demo tables on Vita, I think I'm going to pick this up. Two quick questions before I do!

1) Is Black Hole supposed to be...Boring?

2) If I enjoy it enough, I will slowly pick up more and more tables, but what are some "must haves" that really shine through as fantastic pinball experiences?

Shaneus

Honestly, my personal 100% "must get" is Funhouse. I'm not sure what that's bundled with, but I'd say it's worth it for the individual table alone. Medieval Madness is great as well, but it's sort of on an even tier with Monster Bash, Creature etc. (the latter having some oddly easy shots, which makes it weird). But Funhouse IMO is the best looking of all the tables on TPA, IMO. Plays great, too.

Honestly, my personal 100% "must get" is Funhouse. I'm not sure what that's bundled with, but I'd say it's worth it for the individual table alone. Medieval Madness is great as well, but it's sort of on an even tier with Monster Bash, Creature etc. (the latter having some oddly easy shots, which makes it weird). But Funhouse IMO is the best looking of all the tables on TPA, IMO. Plays great, too.

Funhouse is bundled with Cirqus Voltaire. My personal favorite 'looker' because of that neon ramp.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ah. In that case, it's probably a pretty good pack to get. Was the PS3 version of CV as bug-ridden as the others?

Buggy? How so? I don't want to buy a buggy table.

Also, I bought the base game on my Vita (which comes with the Black Hole, Ripley's Believe It or Not, Arabian Nights, and Theater of Magic). I think these are the "pro tables" maybe? Is there any reason to spend more money on pro tables in the future? I have no idea what benefit these provide...

Ah. In that case, it's probably a pretty good pack to get. Was the PS3 version of CV as bug-ridden as the others?

No real bugs that I could tell, just slow speed of simulation is all, similar to many other TPA tables where collision/logic(?) complexity makes for a noticeably slower ball speed. And, personally, I think the Funhouse/Cirqus Voltaire pack is the single best one to get. I have no real idea about the corresponding Vita versions, though.

I would say if I were to rank my top 10 favorite tables in the game it'd probably be something like this:

Star Trek: The Next Generation
The Champion Pub
Twilight Zone
Theatre of Magic
Medieval Madness
Funhouse
Attack from Mars
Monster Bash
White Water
Cactus Canyon

Shaneus

Buggy? How so? I don't want to buy a buggy table.

Also, I bought the base game on my Vita (which comes with the Black Hole, Ripley's Believe It or Not, Arabian Nights, and Theater of Magic). I think these are the "pro tables" maybe? Is there any reason to spend more money on pro tables in the future? I have no idea what benefit these provide...
I think buggy in that (for example, I don't know if this is spot-on or not) during multiball, when you launch your second ball it zooms over the plunger, but doesn't zoom back (or the other way around). But I think that was only on iOS. Pretty sure CV on PS3 is fine by the sounds of things :)

I would say if I were to rank my top 10 favorite tables in the game it'd probably be something like this:

Star Trek: The Next Generation
The Champion Pub
Twilight Zone
Theatre of Magic
Medieval Madness
Funhouse
Attack from Mars
Monster Bash
White Water
Cactus Canyon
1/10 alpha-numeric? :/

depths20XX

My favorite tables:

1. Medieval Madness
2. Gorgar
3. Theatre of Magic
4. Taxi
5. Attack From Mars
6. Twilight Zone
7. Elvira and the Party Monsters
8. Creature From the Black Lagoon
9. Star Trek
10. Arabian Nights

Granted some of them I have not spent enough time with, mainly the last few table packs.

I was really liking T2 at first but it kind of feels boring now since you mostly just shoot the skull and lock balls.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think buggy in that (for example, I don't know if this is spot-on or not) during multiball, when you launch your second ball it zooms over the plunger, but doesn't zoom back (or the other way around). But I think that was only on iOS. Pretty sure CV on PS3 is fine by the sounds of things :)

Ah OK. Well I'm working my way through the 3 tables I got with the game and trying to learn how to aim better. I'm also trying to understand the basics and mechanics behind nudging. It saved me once, but I'm not really sure what I did to make it work out for my benefit (I pushed the stick either left or right and it moved the ball away from a straight drain).

Once I get a little better, I'll grab CV/Funhouse pack. I also need to buy Star Trek, Twilight Zone, and T2 since I've actually played those tables (albeit, MANY years ago...but still).

My favorite tables:

1. Medieval Madness

YES! I think this is my favourite table even in real life. Sometimes everything about a table just clicks with you. The theme is hilarious and I just love the way a game of Medieval Madness flows.

It's so hard waiting for the PC release :(
I was playing on xbox360 til the troubles happened so now I' m dying to play all the new table packs that have been released since then.

YES! I think this is my favourite table even in real life. Sometimes everything about a table just clicks with you. The theme is hilarious and I just love the way a game of Medieval Madness flows.

It's so hard waiting for the PC release :(
I was playing on xbox360 til the troubles happened so now I' m dying to play all the new table packs that have been released since then.

me too although I'm going for the PS4 version, which is finally, officially, next month! That seems like tomorrow compared to what I've been through waiting for all the new tables.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm sure this isn't a huge deal to most of you guys, but I finally "beat' a table last night! I rescued the princess on Arabian Nights! I tried Ripley's Believe It or Not afterwards, but it's funny how gimped I felt since I had no idea how to play the table. Playing this makes me want to find a real machine and play now, haha.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How is the iPad version? I'm considering getting it and a few table packs for my mother for Christmas since she loves pinball, although she's pretty casual about it

Shaneus

I'm sure this isn't a huge deal to most of you guys, but I finally "beat' a table last night! I rescued the princess on Arabian Nights! I tried Ripley's Believe It or Not afterwards, but it's funny how gimped I felt since I had no idea how to play the table. Playing this makes me want to find a real machine and play now, haha.
Nah man, that is a big deal! The trick now is to not only get to that mode, but get to that mode and keep playing without pressure getting to you.

I'm the same as Ripley's as well... the table is just not explanatory enough IMO to allow for decent progression. I find myself just smacking the ball around the table 90% of the time :/

How is the iPad version? I'm considering getting it and a few table packs for my mother for Christmas since she loves pinball, although she's pretty casual about it
iPad version is just fine... I mean, it's pretty much the "lead" platform for FS (in that it's their main breadwinner) so you can't go wrong with it. I run it on an iPad 3 and my brother runs it on an iPad 2 and neither of us have any complaints.

Is there some way to get around the apparent limitation of post-processing running on the Steam beta? I have it set to 16× AA and have tried every other value in between off and the PP seems to negate its setting as evidenced by the lack of AA when running.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Nah man, that is a big deal! The trick now is to not only get to that mode, but get to that mode and keep playing without pressure getting to you.

I'm the same as Ripley's as well... the table is just not explanatory enough IMO to allow for decent progression. I find myself just smacking the ball around the table 90% of the time :/

Oddly enough, the pressure set in AFTER the princess rescue. I realized how long I'd been playing, and I really wanted to push my score up.

Something I'm having trouble with on ALL tables - the outer lanes. Is there anything I can do to help prevent drains out there? Theater of Magic is a great example...I drain in the outside lanes almost exclusively. I've gotten pretty good at nudging to prevent the center drain, but I can't seem to do anything on the outer lanes.

Minsc

Gold Member
Is there some way to get around the apparent limitation of post-processing running on the Steam beta? I have it set to 16× AA and have tried every other value in between off and the PP seems to negate its setting as evidenced by the lack of AA when running.

The general consensus for the PC beta is post processing is broken, and not to use it I think.

Also, not all cards actually support 16xAA, mine only does up to 8x I believe, so when I pick 16x it does nothing.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

iPad version is just fine... I mean, it's pretty much the "lead" platform for FS (in that it's their main breadwinner) so you can't go wrong with it. I run it on an iPad 3 and my brother runs it on an iPad 2 and neither of us have any complaints.

Well, plenty of tables are basically broken on iPad 2/Mini.

I mean, just try ToTAN: non-locked 30fps with frameskipping and sometimes stuttering so bad that you can miss the ball. Impossible to enjoy it, imo, unless you play it VERY casually (his mom won't notice but I think it's like how casual players enjoy COD more than other FPSes: they don't realize it but a big part of that is thanks to the 60fps and the inherent responsiveness).
Many tables are ok but the majority of rom-emulation heavy tables with busy DMDs and props (ST:TNG, TTZ... not T2 tho, that one's fine strangely enough) are almost unplayable on generation 2 iOS tablets.

depths20XX

Something I'm having trouble with on ALL tables - the outer lanes. Is there anything I can do to help prevent drains out there? Theater of Magic is a great example...I drain in the outside lanes almost exclusively. I've gotten pretty good at nudging to prevent the center drain, but I can't seem to do anything on the outer lanes.

Best way to prevent drains in the out lanes is just keeping the ball under control and making your shots. You will notice some shots are just higher risk when taken from a certain flipper. Minimizing those type of shots is really the only way to control it. Of course there's always nudging as a last ditch effort when you see it heading that way.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Best way to prevent drains in the out lanes is just keeping the ball under control and making your shots. You will notice some shots are just higher risk when taken from a certain flipper. Minimizing those type of shots is really the only way to control it. Of course there's always nudging as a last ditch effort when you see it heading that way.
Yes. If there is a particular shot that I know is more risky, or a particular rebound that I know often results in a ball heading for an outlane, I nudge the table accordingly. I can't imagine getting some scores I've eked out without having nudged away some dangerous rebounds.

The main thing that helped me stop draining so hard on Theater is to stop trying to backhand the trunk shot. More often than not it would come back to the center drain or a slingshot, which is instant outlane drain for me. I get most of my work done off the right flipper on that table unless I'm going hard for midnight madness.

The general consensus for the PC beta is post processing is broken, and not to use it I think.
Hmmm...but then there won't be beautiful lighting effects without it. I'll 'suffer' with less than ideal image quality. The look of these tables, even in beta state, are far beyond the PS3 ones though I still don't understand why so many of the tables on Steam have vastly different looks, as if they made entirely new lighting schemes for this version whereas many of the PS3 ones have relatively zero work done to them, it seems.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The main thing that helped me stop draining so hard on Theater is to stop trying to backhand the trunk shot. More often than not it would come back to the center drain or a slingshot, which is instant outlane drain for me. I get most of my work done off the right flipper on that table unless I'm going hard for midnight madness.

Thanks guys. I'm still trying to get the hang of risk vs reward shots on any table. My aiming is still sub-par, so I sometimes take wild shots to attempt to hit a ramp or a target. As I get a better feel for it, I'll probably improve. And my nudging skills are improving, but not from outlane drains. That's still rough!

Also, is it possible to nudge up/down in order to pop the ball up back into play? I've read about that on real tables (although it sounds like it's not a good idea to do...). I wasn't sure if the physics would make that even possible here.

And finally, I'm still curious as to which Season would be best to buy right now. While S1 has more tables currently (and a few great ones), I'd love to be able to do tourneys. If all the current tourneys will be on S2 tables, I may buy that one first just so I can compete.

Can I compete from my Vita? Like, is there a way to sign in and record my scores for tournaments?

Shaneus

Well, plenty of tables are basically broken on iPad 2/Mini.

I mean, just try ToTAN: non-locked 30fps with frameskipping and sometimes stuttering so bad that you can miss the ball. Impossible to enjoy it, imo, unless you play it VERY casually (his mom won't notice but I think it's like how casual players enjoy COD more than other FPSes: they don't realize it but a big part of that is thanks to the 60fps and the inherent responsiveness).
Many tables are ok but the majority of rom-emulation heavy tables with busy DMDs and props (ST:TNG, TTZ... not T2 tho, that one's fine strangely enough) are almost unplayable on generation 2 iOS tablets.
Bugger, I thought everything was working fine. Was TotAN always like that or is it only recently? Considering iPad 2 was one of the up-to-date platforms TPA was first released on, I'd be surprised if it's only recently started running like shit (well, not really... I mean, FarSight).

Apologies if I unintentionally mislead anyone!

In other news, played in my second tournament last night (same league as the last one) and finished one better... fourth! Stupid tilt on X-Men Magneto LE during multiball (ARGH) but still walked away with my head held high. Bit chuffed!

The Technomancer

Does it even run on an iPad 1? We're probably not interested in the advanced machines like Twilight Zone or Star Trek, but the more classic ones like Whirlwind and Black Hole or even the classic EM machines.

Shaneus

Wow, it REALLY does look like they prepped the thing for the Stern LCD DMD, that entire backbox area is fucking ugly. Looks like someone's poor attempt at a homemade virtual pin.

UGLY.

Also, Star Trek game will not be the same without the majesty of the original TNG theme and Jean-Luc motherfucking Picard.

Also also, you can just hear the Stern cheapness with every flick of the flippers... just sounds so damn poxy and tinny.

BTW Nate from Coast 2 Coast Pinball said his local has a Star Trek in, so he'll be giving his impressions on it in the next episode (which shouldn't be more than a few days away).

Shaneus

Chris Pine's awful acting and Stern are made for each other.
Bahahaha.

I feel so two-sided about Stern. On one hand, they've been the only company to continue making pinball machines after the "death" in 1999/2000. On the other hand, they've just done the bare minimum to keep them going, with literally no innovation or evolution of the pastime over the last 13 years. Hell, look at what Williams did between, say, '86 and '99. We saw System 11 (<3), WPC w/ DMD, DCS sound, ridiculous variations in playfield toys/tech (a la Thing flips) and insane designs (Bonzai Run, Circus, even P2K) and Stern have done... movie licenses. Hell, even the DE/Sega licenses of the 90s have outshone the vast majority of what Stern have put together recently (and that's not even counting the horrendously cheap feeling of the end product).

Love to see what Stern would come up with if they had an original theme to put together (or at least one that's not based on a shitty license that no-one cares about, hello WoF). Hopefully America's Most Haunted and Full Throttle force their hand.

Can anyone else see a big player like Williams joining the fold again? I have a sneaking suspicion that within the next year or two they'll come back into the market. And with that, their IP. I'd be pretty happy with a High Speed 3 ;)

Edit: WMS have been bought out by "Scientific Games" (a slot/lottery/gambling machine company) for $1.3bn. So there goes that idea. Wonder what happened to their IP? I guess Farsight would know.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Bugger, I thought everything was working fine. Was TotAN always like that or is it only recently? Considering iPad 2 was one of the up-to-date platforms TPA was first released on, I'd be surprised if it's only recently started running like shit (well, not really... I mean, FarSight).

Apologies if I unintentionally mislead anyone!

No apologies needed, actually I'm not sure about your question because at the time I had and iPad 1 and was super disappointed to find out TOTAN ran basically the same (terrible, that is) as my gen1 iPad when I fired up PA on my new IPad Mini this summer -_-
As I've said, depends on the table, Elvira (FTOTM) runs fine but there is no DMD there.

It's infuriating to me because that means that despite owning a PC/iPad Mini/360/PS3 and soon PS4, there's no platform where I can put all my eggs in one basket and buy every pack on there... I wish the 360's ill situation would get resolved but I've lost any confidence I had that'll happen in the near future... or at all.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'd love to see pinball make a brief resurgence. To me it's like board games (another huge love of mine, more so than any other hobby actually). Video games in general these days are leaving a lot of people in their 30s who grew up on Nintendo feeling a little bit cold. Board games have carved out a huge niche now because they provide the social element that mainstream video games have mostly lost with Dudebro. Pinball can come in and fill the loss of just quick fun and real aesthetic joy (as well as a bit of social dynamic). I think it's a bit tougher road for pinball because mobile apps fill that void to an extent but I could see it. Nowadays whenever I'm near an arcade or at an amusement park or whatever literally the only thing I care about is what pinball machines they have. The hotel we stayed at last week had Simpsons and it was joyous. I'm sure there's at least a decent-sized market that feels the same.

Bahahaha.

I feel so two-sided about Stern. On one hand, they've been the only company to continue making pinball machines after the "death" in 1999/2000. On the other hand, they've just done the bare minimum to keep them going, with literally no innovation or evolution of the pastime over the last 13 years.

I liked the crane in their Batman table, and the Hulk toy in their Avengers table. They clearly have some people on staff who care about cool ideas on their tables, but their build quality and overall execution is often lacking. They're probably under the same production schedules as any game company with a license already starting to wither on the vine and don't have the resources to really make original IPs into tables anymore :(

FyreWulff

I'd love to see pinball make a brief resurgence. To me it's like board games (another huge love of mine, more so than any other hobby actually). Video games in general these days are leaving a lot of people in their 30s who grew up on Nintendo feeling a little bit cold. Board games have carved out a huge niche now because they provide the social element that mainstream video games have mostly lost with Dudebro. Pinball can come in and fill the loss of just quick fun and real aesthetic joy (as well as a bit of social dynamic). I think it's a bit tougher road for pinball because mobile apps fill that void to an extent but I could see it. Nowadays whenever I'm near an arcade or at an amusement park or whatever literally the only thing I care about is what pinball machines they have. The hotel we stayed at last week had Simpsons and it was joyous. I'm sure there's at least a decent-sized market that feels the same.

I've always wanted to design a pinball table. After doing an RPG, a pinball table feels like a real challenge.

Need a breakthrough in some sort of materials process or something so they're less prone to breakage, I think. The cost of keeping them running, not the form factor or the game itself, is what I feel did pinball in. Why buy a pin machine when you can just buy a TV screen and reformat the hard drive when the games error out? Too big to have home versions in most homes and too expensive at that scale even if everyone did.

Shaneus

I've always wanted to design a pinball table. After doing an RPG, a pinball table feels like a real challenge.
Maybe try your hand at something in Visual Pinball or Future Pinball? I'm not sure how they go together exactly (Future probably better in that regard, I know it supports 3D objects) but I've contemplated the same thing.

Need a breakthrough in some sort of materials process or something so they're less prone to breakage, I think. The cost of keeping them running, not the form factor or the game itself, is what I feel did pinball in. Why buy a pin machine when you can just buy a TV screen and reformat the hard drive when the games error out? Too big to have home versions in most homes and too expensive at that scale even if everyone did.
Stern tried their hand at a "home" pin. First of all: $2500? Just a quick look at eBay, for the same price you can get the original Simpsons pinball, Judge Dredd, Fire! or WWF Royal Rumble. Secondly, Mr. Stern, your games already feel like cheap toys.

FWIW As far as maintenance/repairs go, Heighway Pinball is making some kind of effort with that, as far as having entirely replaceable components in their machines (starting with Full Throttle) that I *believe* (as in, not 100% certain on) can be replaced without a screwdriver. Or something along those lines. So at least they're giving it a shot.

PS. I'm hoping that if anything could entice people into getting a physical machine, it's an Oculus Rift. Won't be the same (obviously), but being able to move your head around the game space to see the machine would be awesome. All you'd really need is some kind of a controller:
pw-product.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do pinball machines do well in a garage that's not climate controlled? We have a 3-car garage and the one side is used to store the lawnmower, my tools, and my dartboard. It'd be pretty rad to one day put a pinball machine or an arcade machine out there, ha.

Of course, finding one I liked/wanted would be another story, but if I at least knew I could store it out there, that would be easier to convince my wife.

Shaneus

I don't think it matters if it's not strictly climate controlled, but you wouldn't want to have too much variance (or *rapid* variance) in temperature. A lot of the flaking you see on older games that used backglasses (as opposed to translites) isn't just from old age, it's from the glass warming up because of the lamps and then cooling quickly.

Honestly, I reckon you'd be fine in that sort of a situation, as long as you don't get a lot of humidity where you live. I also wouldn't get something that you'd want to keep in amazing condition or spend a lot of money on. I guess ideally, you'd probably want to look for a cheap(ish) mid-80s game that's in reasonable nick (DMD likely out of the question, unless you find a bargain). Should set you back around $2k. My High Speed is like that (probably a little better than "reasonable", but far from perfect and it could do with a little work) but you can see things like raised/sunken inserts that are indicative of an environment that's not strictly temperature controlled (although the playfield itself is surprisingly good and the backglass is almost perfect. The machine is from Germany, so I don't know how that factors into it).

I'm actually looking at a second machine now. Or what I'd do if I had the room for it. Also somewhat considering moving into a bigger place (single bedroom unit currently) just so I can have more room. Hoping for a Taxi, but if I find one at the right price I'll buy it regardless and either store it or just find room ;)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't think it matters if it's not strictly climate controlled, but you wouldn't want to have too much variance (or *rapid* variance) in temperature. A lot of the flaking you see on older games that used backglasses (as opposed to translites) isn't just from old age, it's from the glass warming up because of the lamps and then cooling quickly.

Honestly, I reckon you'd be fine in that sort of a situation, as long as you don't get a lot of humidity where you live. I also wouldn't get something that you'd want to keep in amazing condition or spend a lot of money on. I guess ideally, you'd probably want to look for a cheap(ish) mid-80s game that's in reasonable nick (DMD likely out of the question, unless you find a bargain). Should set you back around $2k. My High Speed is like that (probably a little better than "reasonable", but far from perfect and it could do with a little work) but you can see things like raised/sunken inserts that are indicative of an environment that's not strictly temperature controlled (although the playfield itself is surprisingly good and the backglass is almost perfect. The machine is from Germany, so I don't know how that factors into it).

I'm actually looking at a second machine now. Or what I'd do if I had the room for it. Also somewhat considering moving into a bigger place (single bedroom unit currently) just so I can have more room. Hoping for a Taxi, but if I find one at the right price I'll buy it regardless and either store it or just find room ;)

There's a Taxi machine going for $1600 near me on CL. Ha.

And I was looking into this a bit, and what I may do (not just for pinball/arcade, but for my own sake) is finish insulating the garage. Once I do that (outside of the garage doors because that's expensive and I don't want to DIY it in case it's too much for the spring to handle), I think I can put a little carpet down and go to work. It'd be a lot of fun to make my garage a bit more usable in that respect.

I think the hardest part would be deciding what machine to get. I'd LOVE a Tron machine, simply because I think that's such a cool table. But it's tough since if I ever buy a machine, I want it to be one that I won't get bored with.

The Technomancer

Oh man there aren't many things that make me wish I was born in a different time but if I could have worked as a pinball designer in the 70s through the 90s I would go and live my life then in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom