• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Player 1 Podcast Topic

mik

mik is unbeatable
He unceremoniously pulled the plug on the episode. The chat in the ustream window was downright hilarious. Premature podcast cessation.

mollipen

I never made the connection until episode 226! (To be fair, though, I only started listening to the podcast a short while back.) Funny that I brought my fanzine collection back with me when I headed home for Christmas.

Also funny that this particular issue has a write-up about one Mr. Nick Rox.

MzDza.jpg

GhaleonQ

SuperPac

ICallItFutile said:
Why are 225 and 226 not on the P1P Android app? :\

That is weird - I have no idea why they wouldn't be there. I will have to look into it. We've been doing nothing differently.

GhaleonQ

This episode was hilarious, informative, and story-packed, but it's still bad for some of the misnamed portable games and the FACT that Mini-Land Mayhem/Assault > Game Boy Donkey Kong

Barrett2

Very good episode. As a Lynx fanboy back in the day, I love any discussion about the best damn handheld of the era!

Warbirds was awesome, and i actually remember enjoying Viking Child, but I was only 12 at the time, so who knows..

Anyone else remember when Toys R Us first received the Lynx, and they had a Blue Lightning demo running under the glass case? That shit was like seeing the face of god!!

mik

mik is unbeatable
I've always loved handheld gaming--I had a Lynx and a TurboExpress. But it was the 90s, and there was time for Klax.

T-Matt

I think the best christmas ever was when my parents took me and my sister to disneyworld and she got a gameboy while I got the game gear. We would just trade them every now and then so I got the best of both worlds.
I never even heard of the lynx till a couple years ago.

LiK

Massa said:
Do they spoil Dead Space 2 or Extraction when talking about the DLC? I'm behind on both. :(
If you know anything about Severed, Extraction is already spoiled. I skipped it cuz I haven't played it yet.

Massa

Pepto said:
I think they spoil the final boss.

Thanks, guess I'll wait a few days and beat the game before listening to this one.

LiK said:
If you know anything about Severed, Extraction is already spoiled. I skipped it cuz I haven't played it yet.

Good to know, I've managed to ignore it completely other than knowing it relates to Extraction somehow.

timnich

Seems like Ford is assuming that Super Mario 3DS is a 2D game, when it's actually a 3D game made by the Galaxy team.

SuperPac

timnich said:
Seems like Ford is assuming that Super Mario 3DS is a 2D game, when it's actually a 3D game made by the Galaxy team.

It is? I was under the impression it'd be a 2D game too - but I guess Iwata gave more details than just the title? That's what I get for not paying attention to the news.

M_A_C

SuperPac are you more or less excited about the new handhelds after seeing them in person and the iPad 2 announcement?

SuperPac

M_A_C said:
SuperPac are you more or less excited about the new handhelds after seeing them in person and the iPad 2 announcement?

Same excitement level. I will be getting both a 3DS and an NGP. I've already preordered the 3DS so I'm already ready to go on that front.

LiK

SuperPac said:
Same excitement level. I will be getting both a 3DS and an NGP. I've already preordered the 3DS so I'm already ready to go on that front.
Hell yea, me too

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great episode :)

SuperPac said:
It is? I was under the impression it'd be a 2D game too - but I guess Iwata gave more details than just the title? That's what I get for not paying attention to the news.

Have you seen the pictures ? It looks like mario 64/galaxy ....

edit:

nvm

pwvkZ.jpg

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Whimsical Phil said:
I'm glad that someone else did this before I was forced to...again.
We'd expect a youtube video at the very least, of course. Thankfully someone else got in there and spared you your blushes.

cw_sasuke said:
Great episode :)

Have you seen the pictures ? It looks like mario 64/galaxy ....

edit:

nvm

pwvkZ.jpg

Sure those aren't just Mario Galaxy screens? I'm surprised it hasn't been reported on if there are actually screens around.

I laughed so hard at the teacher stuff this week hahahahaha that was a great story! :D.
To bad about his dieing and all but the story was great :lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
randomlyrossy said:
Sure those aren't just Mario Galaxy screens? I'm surprised it hasn't been reported on if there are actually screens around.

Those arent galaxy 1+2 screens, or do you remeber playin as small mario in galaxy ? ;-)

cw_sasuke said:
Those arent galaxy 1+2 screens, or do you remeber playin as small mario in galaxy ? ;-)

Shit, I didn't even register that. Although I still haven't played Galaxy 2 yet so maybe that's why.

I have to say I'm kinda disappointed it's going to be a 3D Mario, I really want more New Super Mario type stuff.

LiK

randomlyrossy said:
Shit, I didn't even register that. Although I still haven't played Galaxy 2 yet so maybe that's why.

I have to say I'm kinda disappointed it's going to be a 3D Mario, I really want more New Super Mario type stuff.
Disappointed until you play it!

LiK said:
Disappointed until you play it!

Oh no doubt, odds are it'll be awesome. I was just hoping for more 2D stuff, the New Super Mario Bros games have been awesome and I'd love to see them expand on them.

GhaleonQ

randomlyrossy said:
Oh no doubt, odds are it'll be awesome. I was just hoping for more 2D stuff, the New Super Mario Bros games have been awesome and I'd love to see them expand on them.

I wish Nintendo would hide their plans so well. I personally would prefer knowing about projects "too early" than have them get announced and released in 3 months.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
betweenthewheels said:
I listened to the whole thing and I hate Pokemon...that's the best compliment I could ever give them.
Well, shucks, thanks. I really do figure that most people will hate this episode since it is so Poke-centric.

GhaleonQ

Thesis defended! It's time for me to celebrate by doing nothing but NeoGAF posting 12 hours a day.

I couldn't have procrastinated on writing it without you guys.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Pokemon is something I always get suckered into. I'll buy each new game as it comes out, holding out hope that the antiquated, slow battle design and pixellated sprites will have gone away, and tend to regret my decision about 3 hours in. I'm putting my foot down with White and Black.

You guys had me mildly tempted though. I was hoping this would be the big revolution, but when phrases like "new coat of paint" started coming out I knew it wasn't for me. Maybe the logical conclusion is I'm just too old and jaded for this series. :(

Top Bottom