• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Player 1 Podcast Topic

eznark

Banned
I'm not done with it yet but I did get actively pissed off (I said "oh fuck you, Irrational" to my monitor) when what just happened happened.
lol ghost mom

eznark

Banned
I'm really, really looking forward to listening to spoiler casts about this game. I mean, I'm pretty sure I am almost done and I just do not get the reaction at all.

eznark

Banned
Listening to the spoilercast I find it amusing how willing people are to fool themselves into accepting shitty design.

Endless wave? totally designed with a purpose!
Slaughter tons of people? Levine's commentary on video game design!
Mechanics have barely moved forward in 6 years? More commentary!

I found myself doing the same thing by the end of the game. I think the reason Irrational forced you to press X to pick up every little coin was a metacommentary on how fucking tedious it is to have to do the same damn game over and over and over. The story
no one has a choice!!!
was actually Irrational employees begging Levine to let them do something original.

SuperPac

I'm also glad Pete was in this. Interesting POV about the
alcoholism
angle. Never thought of that.

Thanks Lik. I'm still not sure if that stuff was intentionally in there or if I'm just projecting. But i think it's to irrational's credit that there are many interpretations like this. And between this and Papa y Yo we are seeing videogames tackle that very complex issue. Heck, you can even throw in Max Payne, kinda.

eznark

Banned
Thanks Lik. I'm still not sure if that stuff was intentionally in there or if I'm just projecting. But i think it's to irrational's credit that there are many interpretations like this. And between this and Papa y Yo we are seeing videogames tackle that very complex issue. Heck, you can even throw in Max Payne, kinda.

I picked up on none of that, and the alcohol being a double edged sword is in every game that allows you to consume alcohol. But yeah it's cool that you were able to get that from it. Who gives a shit if it's projection?

I cringed a bit when Nick said the game "significantly advanced storytelling" in videogames considering it told the story by completely separating the game and the game play...ya know, like every video game ever.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
No clue who Train is, but when Microsoft Store opened up here in Santa Clara years ago, they got The Black Keys to perform later in the day. They sure sound a lot better than "Train"

SuperPac

A new episode appears!

338: A Plague of Honkies

This week! Guacamelee, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Soul Sacrifice (demo), LEGO City Undercover, Fish Out of Water, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate, Dragon Fantasy Book I, Mike sells his 360, Nintendo announces a bunch of stuff directly to you, motion-sickness-inducing games, six-figure salaries for game journalists [Editor's Note: Ha!], backlogs, Nintendo-published pinball games and more.

Running time: 1:27:00

Site: http://www.playeronepodcast.com/338
Audio: http://traffic.libsyn.com/playerone/04_22_13-Episode338.mp3
Video: Coming tomorrow

Mike, I'm extremely disappointed with you. The 'R' in 'NWR' should have been 'Rappitude.'

If I ever form my own rap band you're not coming up with the name.

SickBoy

As the guy who called the Palpatine impersonation (or at least its comic value) one of Phil's best, after the comments on it this week I have to ask: we're supposed to believe Phil's other impressions are actually relatively accurate?

SuperPac

New one is up!

339: Drive-Thru

This week! LEGO City Undercover, LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins, Draw Something 2, Robot Unicorn Attack 2, Monaco, Mars: War Logs and Rayman Legends Challenges App. Plus: Nintendo and E3, rebranding the Wii U, favorite Phantasy Stars, Super Mario World/Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Shantae coming to VC in June, and more!

Blog: http://playeronepodcast.com/339
Audio: http://traffic.libsyn.com/playerone/04_29_13-Episode339.mp3
Video: Coming tomorrow!

After some serious consideration I have decided to join Team Rainbow.

Since there's no OT for Robot Unicorn Attack 2 I'm going to put all my comments/suggestions/questions/musings here.

Hey CJ what would you think about an option to randomize the music you've bought every time you play?

Also I see there's some kind of cloud syncing because when I go from my iPhone to my iPad most of the stuff carries over but sometimes the last thing I've bought or the last level I've attained doesn't. What's up with that? Does the game sync only at certain times?

8-4 Play last week ended on a cool song. I searched online and turns out it was the song for Robot Unicorn Attack. Needless to say I played that online some this weekend. I went to grab Robot Unicorn Attack 2 but you need IOS 6.something :(

Episode 340: Blood Raggin

This week! Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Game Dev Tycoon, Strike Suit Infinity, Lunchables, Wii U price drop effectiveness, Virtual Console lineups, favorite Star Wars games, Mr. Show fave sketches, the 3DS' place in handheld history, favorite game based off a movie and more! Plus: bad audio quality in the first segment because someone's recording stopped Mike Phillips!!

Direct Download

SickBoy

Was there an audio issue this episode? A couple of times people seemed to have choppy/quiet or slight dropouts in their audio... but I was also driving in ridiculous wind gusts, which didn't help.

SuperPac

Was there an audio issue this episode? A couple of times people seemed to have choppy/quiet or slight dropouts in their audio... but I was also driving in ridiculous wind gusts, which didn't help.

Yes. Mike's audio stopped recording in the first segment so I had to use the youtube audio as backup - and the quality of that was...well... not good.

demidar

I would be more willing to jump on to Blood Dragon were it not tied to such a bad game. The Far Cry 3 shooting and systems are so boring.

Top Bottom