• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS2 Dual Shock D-Pad is crap. Own up.

WarPig

Dave Long said:
Where's it at on that finger. Is it on the side? The Controller S that I have has a very rough surface and I can easily see someone gripping the controller in a way that their fingers rub on there creating a blister.

It's on the underside of the last joint, so I guess it's from grabbing the underside of the controller too hard. Stupid fun games getting me all excited and shit.

DFS.

Gattsu25

Banned
if you need to use your knee to balance the controller you need to find another hobby

IMO: NGPC D-Pad >>>> * >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DC D-Pad

ngpc02.jpg

WarPig

Gattsu25 said:
if you need to use your knee to balance the controller you need to find another hobby

IMO: NGPC D-Pad >>>> * >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DC D-Pad

Well, the NGPC doesn't count, 'cuz it ain't even a D-pad, it's a miniature microswitch joystick. And yes, it is indeed the shit.

DFS.

Shoryuken

etiolate said:
60_1_b.JPG

DPAD IMPRESSIONS OF THIS PLEASE

By far the best d-pad for current consoles. Very responsive and it doesn't hurt you fingers after long periods of play. The six face buttons are also very nice (very responsive). Overall I suggest anyone who likes playing 2d fighters with a pad, pick this up.

On a separate note, if you're not a fan of the characters on the controllers so far, an additional 6 more are being released. Including Guile, Cammy, Vega, Sagat, M. Bison, and an alternate Ryu.

Street Fighter Aniversary Controllers

Sumasshu

I only use the knee thing for Tekken. It's actually more like a thigh thing, but whatever. :) For just about all other fighting games I hold the controller normally in both hands (Especially 2d fighters where the shoulder buttons are needed, because it's pretty much impossible to use the shoulder buttons if your hand isn't wrapped around the controller.)

As for the best D-Pad, the DS2 wins hands down. The Xbox d-pad is too far to the right. And the Dreamcast d-pad sticks out way too far, and is way too sharp. I haven't played fighters on the Cube, so I can't say much about that.

And for those whining about GGXX on the DS2 -- I remember after playing GGXX for the first time saying how much more forgiving the game's controls were than other 2d fighters. I mean, compare Akuma's half circle forward, half circle forward super is SFA3 to any of the supers in this game. I don't see how anyone can complain about difficulty of pulling off moves in GGXX, even if they don't like the DS2. :p

Top Bottom