• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Punisher - Official trailer 2. Arrives november 17th

It was an awesome ride! I liked the way how they presented veterans with PTSD, the side characters were interesting, and it was tragic all the way, even though
it had a happy ending kinda

-People who are constantly critizing this, for having unbelievable scenes, well yeah this is a marvel comic adaption, so realism not something you should search for.

-Nicely made actions scenes, Jon Bernthal as the Punisher was a joy to watch!

So much better than the defenders, or even i would say daredevil season 2.

I'm on episode 10, binged it the last 2 nights. It's a bit different from what I was expecting but I am really enjoying it so far. Without any spoilers, if you're expecting a body count every episode, guns ablazing, bang bang you're all dead #deathtoll vibe... you'll be disappointed. However there's enough edge of your seat action to satiate the adrenaline junkies. A major premise of this season is the effect of war on soldiers and PTSD, and I like the approach the writers took in fleshing this out amongst the different characters. And I think this is the first series to weave a bit of politics into the storyline.

Right now, this is my favorite of the Netflix Marvel series (second world be Daredevil season 2 Punisher arc). It's pretty independent of the other shows. I haven't noticed any direct references to the other heroes or the Avengers-verse, but I did catch a few Easter eggs.

If anything, watch this for Amber Rose (who plays Homeland officer Dinah Madani). Holy crap, she is smoking hot! 😍

Edit: I agree with all the points the post that interactivemonodrama made in the post right before mine

kunonabi

Show is a massive letdown. Its dull, doesnt embody the character all that well, and is just incredibly generic. Bernthal does a great job with what he's given and i actually liked Micro for once but those are really the only positives i can muster. It's not even so much that i wanted more action but focusing so heavily on the military/government just doesn't work for me.

I expected the show to hit the ground running after Daredevil and it just jogged in place instead.

Tosyn_88

Show is a massive letdown. Its dull, doesnt embody the character all that well, and is just incredibly generic. Bernthal does a great job with what he's given and i actually liked Micro for once but those are really the only positives i can muster. It's not even so much that i wanted more action but focusing so heavily on the military/government just doesn't work for me.

I expected the show to hit the ground running after Daredevil and it just jogged in place instead.

What exactly did you want?

Military doesn't work for you? What else should they do with the character that could make it interesting?

Mulgrok

I enjoyed most of it, but like all Marvel Netflix series the back half is not as consistently high quality as the front half. Didn't care much for how it ends, and I disliked how the final episode was edited. It looks like they did not have time or money to polish the last 7 episodes as much as the first ones.

SDCowboy

I'm on episode 8 and am really liking it so far. I'm honestly a bit disappointed by the lack of killing in it so far, but I still feel it's easily the best Netflix Marvel series.

Grinchy

Banned
I liked it, but the last episode had some major stupidity in it that slightly tainted the rest of the season.

Still easily the best Marvel Netflix show so far.

Top Bottom