• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Resistance: Avalon [mafia?] |OT| I Put on my Robe and Wizard Hat

Either.

A: A pre conceived double bluff. Rynam keeps scum in the list and everyone but him fails. Win/win. Either the proposal passes and the quest fails, or the proposal fails and Rynam, plus those on the list, look good.

B: Rynam is town. The list didn't have scum attached, so they rejected it.

Anything I'm missing?

That seems like quite a leap.

Is it? At least 3 scum failed this quest. The simplest explanation, in this case that Rynam is town, is usually the correct one.

I'm not completely throwing the alternative out. We're still early. It's not out of the question that scum planned 3 proposals ahead.

kingkitty

As ultron said, there could be a chance scum rynam was able to guess how the voting would go. By voting approve, he could try to earn credibility. Some might think if the proposal had scum in it, then all the scumbros would vote to approve. And yet only one person in the whole town voted for it, which could imply that such a proposal had no scum.

On the other hand, I would find it a little weird if rynam followed everyone else and rejected his own proposal. It was ultimately his decision to have this team combination. Surely he would have created a proposal he would be fine approving. I think it makes sense that if there was going to be at least one person to approve this proposal, it would be the proposer himself.

UltraJay

Really bad at judging town consensus the past few phases.

Proposal:
Rynam
Palmer_v1
TheExodu5
UltraJay

Reasoning: Town is fine with Palmer being on the team, as well as Exodus for testing, Rynam for his vote on the last proposal, there are suspicions on CzarTim and I'm putting myself in place of him as per advice from ultron:

ultron87 said:
In terms of team proposals, please always include yourself. Don't do the whole thing where you don't pick yourself because "you want more info". We will get plenty of info from voting and team proposals and we actually win this game by succeeding at quests. You know you're good, so get yourself in there. Then when it fails you'll know that one of X - 1 people are evil, instead of one of X people if you weren't on the team.

Everyone should be willing to vote "no" on mission teams. More failed votes means more proposals, more info, and hey, maybe the chance to get you, the guaranteed good guy, on the team instead of some other unknown potential evil doer.

I kinda ignored what he said next, however. Debating on whether or not I'll approve this team. Before this I thought it would be wrong to include yourself, but every proposal so far has done this.

Instead of CzarTim being subbed in, it could be Exodus or even Palmer because of the shade thrown on them. Then again, shade has been thrown on a lot of people. Maybe sub in ultron? Both him and Palmer have rejected every proposal. Are they the only ones playing this game correctly... at least from the start?

This is the first time we've hit a second proposal. We've yet to get close to the "hammer" that I've just figured out what you were talking about.

Kalor

I'm undecided with UltraJay over Rynam but I would need to reread both of their posts first. I remember that I suspected UltraJay but nothing has stuck out to me since I said that. Something about Rynam does stick out to me but he hasn't posted enough for me to gather an opinion.

Kalor

I guess there is the issue of why evil decided to reject that team when I think about it. Was it because they knew that there was no scum on the team or knew that people weren't big fans of it and decided to reject, not wanting to stand out by approving.

If it's anything it's likely these two that I mentioned since it can't be anything to complicated due to the lack of communication between scum during the game.

Palmer_v1

Proposal:
Rynam
Palmer_v1
TheExodu5
UltraJay

Reasoning: Town is fine with Palmer being on the team, as well as Exodus for testing, Rynam for his vote on the last proposal, there are suspicions on CzarTim and I'm putting myself in place of him as per advice from ultron:

I kinda ignored what he said next, however. Debating on whether or not I'll approve this team. Before this I thought it would be wrong to include yourself, but every proposal so far has done this.

Instead of CzarTim being subbed in, it could be Exodus or even Palmer because of the shade thrown on them. Then again, shade has been thrown on a lot of people. Maybe sub in ultron? Both him and Palmer have rejected every proposal. Are they the only ones playing this game correctly... at least from the start?

This is the first time we've hit a second proposal. We've yet to get close to the "hammer" that I've just figured out what you were talking about.

Sorry, yeah, Hammer in this context is the person whose team HAS to go if it reaches them.

kingkitty

If there was to be a change to that proposal, it would be switching ultron in. For the moment, I feel pretty good about him, based on gut vibe + voting record.

Kalor

I guess I would be okay with Ultron being swapped in. Although that would be three new players and one returning player so that's a lot of unknown variables.

What in the fuck is happening now? 3 new people and me on Q3? All 3 of which I have no strong feelings about.

Exdou is already new, and his choices led to Q2s failure.

I have a good feeling on Ultron based on earlier voting habits, and I still honestly believe last night exonerates Rynam. Ultrajay is the clear weak link. I don't have any strong feelings on him.

Rynam

Exdou is already new, and his choices led to Q2s failure.

I have a good feeling on Ultron based on earlier voting habits, and I still honestly believe last night exonerates Rynam. Ultrajay is the clear weak link. I don't have any strong feelings on him.

Why did the choices of Exodou led to Q2s failure? Maybe Kalor was the Scum player on that team.

Proposal:
Rynam
Palmer_v1
TheExodu5
UltraJay

I will reject this Proposal.

UltraJay

Hmmm...

SSmAg6H.png

Proposal:
Rynam
Palmer_v1
ultron87
UltraJay

UltraJay

I was waiting for comments to see thoughts and opinions like my last proposal but apparently no one wants to play, so I'm going to bed.

this game is really fun you guys

CzarTim

Sorry, but like I said, I'm not passing anything with you on it. I do not like that you took exodus off either, as I feel like if palmer is town, ex is too.

Palmer_v1

Sorry, it's the weekend! Im also deliberately not commenting so its hopefully less clear to scum which way the votes are going.

Droplet

Whoops.

The second proposal phase for quest 3 is now over. We are now entering the voting phase. The quest team, proposed by UltraJay, is Rynam, Palmer_v1, ultron87, and UltraJay. Please PM me your votes and refrain from posting here until time is over.

Droplet

Sorry this cough has been making my sleep schedule sort of erratic.

Votes:

Lone_Prodigy: Reject
Kalor: Reject
Rynam: Reject
UltraJay: Reject
TheExodu5: Reject
Lord of Castamere: Approve
ultron87: Reject
kingkitty: Approve
Palmer_v1: Reject
CzarTim: Reject

The second proposal for Quest 3 has been rejected. TheExodu5 now has 48 hours to propose another team of four players.

Kalor

For the format of the team today, it should be two new and two returning players. 3/1 is too many untested people and allows evil to blend in.

ultron87

Glad everyone is clearly ready to slow things up a bit.

Were that team to actually go on a quest those two approves from people not on the team could be very telling.

TheExodu5

Banned
LoC is the hammer on this one. I'd keep that strongly in mind.

My current proposal, based on voting patterns and gut feeling.

PROPOSAL:
TheExodu5
ultron87
Palmer_v1
CzarTim

Rynam

LoC is the hammer on this one. I'd keep that strongly in mind.

My current proposal, based on voting patterns and gut feeling.

PROPOSAL:
TheExodu5
ultron87
Palmer_v1
CzarTim

Isn't Ultron the hammer on this one? The fifth Proposal is the one that automatically gets approved. Or am I misunderstanding the term "hammer"?

The proposal phase for Quest 3, Proposal 3 has ended. The proposed team is TheExodu5, ultron87, Palmer_v1 and CzarTim. You all have ~24 hours to approve or reject this team. Please PM me your votes and refrain from posting here until time is over.

red_1452628800.png

Votes:

Lone_Prodigy: Reject
Kalor: Approve
Rynam: Approve
UltraJay: Reject
TheExodu5: Approve
Lord of Castamere: Reject
ultron87: Approve
kingkitty: Reject
Palmer_v1: Approve
CzarTim: Approve

The quest team has been approved!

Quest 3 begins now. TheExodu5, ultron87, Palmer_v1 and CzarTim now have 24 hours to send me their submissions for the quest result. Everybody is free to post in this thread.

red_1452715200.png

TheExodu5

Banned
Well, my suspected scum (though I was unsure between L_P and Kalor) all rejected this.

I'd say I'm feeling pretty good about this one.

Top Bottom