• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 4 screens and details leak in Portuguese

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The reason the graphics don't improve much is because they want it to be able to be played on as many computers as possible.

Personally, with a game like this, I think they should do an OnLive style streaming thing.

...and they probably want to put the game or at least many of its assets on mobile platforms in the following years - so they gotta keep it simple to target as many platforms as possible.

EVOL 100%

It looks almost exactly like 3 did except with better looking faces, which you can already achieve with mods

Hopefully it won't run like utter shit though.

1157443_633359983350354_965194843_n.jpg

2426259-639_tommy_lee_jones_serious.gif

I was expecting nothing too different from the previous game, the images just confirm it.

I put a google translate in the OP since it seemed to do a decent job and I'm not sure how many speak Portuguese here.

If I wasn't browsing GAF from my phone I could translate it.

McNum

If the Google Translate makes sense, it looks like Sims 4 is running on a new engine. I'm thinking... GlassBox. Would be more surprising if it's not.

So for those of you playing SimCity, how's GlassBox in terms of performance?

Sims 3's performance problems are more due to inefficient programming with the stuff you can't see, I think. Things go from bad to worse as you pile on the expansion packs and all the associated new shiny objects.

It gets worse, the garbage collection for wishes you complete/don't complete breaks from time to time degrading the performance on any save even further. Specifically overwriting/loading the save will start to take up ridiculous amounts of time. Up to half an hour or longer. The only fix for it was removing your family from a lot and rehoming them to reset all of their wishes. Also just saying this looks a lot like the sims 3 + mods with a photoshopped ui, so I'm going to withhold my judgement for now.

its gonna be like all sims games. gonna run like shit, gonna run ok after a few patches. progressively run more and more shitty after each expansion.

Ploid 3.0

As a fan of Sims 1, kinda a fan of Sims 2, and had to wait a while to try sims 3 this looks underwhelming. Though The Sims has been going for a teen crowd for a while now. I liked The Sims 1's focus on building and trying to keep the sims alive, or find interesting ways to kill. This looks like it may be coming to wiiU, consoles and such.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I know EA wants this to run on any PC, but damn WTF at the graphics. Is this 2006?
The sad part is that Sims 3 looks almost like that but still takes several minutes to load the initial launch screen, and another minute or two to load a town.

EVOL 100%

Man the UI looks like utter dogshite. And why does everything look so washed out and antiseptic?

I'm still going to waste dozens of hours, cry about how shitty everything is and still enjoy it though. I have battered spouse syndrome when it comes to this series :(

Mr Swine

Banned
It gets worse, the garbage collection for wishes you complete/don't complete breaks from time to time degrading the performance on any save even further. Specifically overwriting/loading the save will start to take up ridiculous amounts of time. Up to half an hour or longer. The only fix for it was removing your family from a lot and rehoming them to reset all of their wishes. Also just saying this looks a lot like the sims 3 + mods with a photoshopped ui, so I'm going to withhold my judgement for now.

Don't forget when sims in the world get stuck making the game freeze while the worlds animation keeps on going. I really hope they have made so that multiple sims can walk through a door at the same time and not 1 every 10 seconds

If the Google Translate makes sense, it looks like Sims 4 is running on a new engine. I'm thinking... GlassBox. Would be more surprising if it's not.

So for those of you playing SimCity, how's GlassBox in terms of performance?

No one is playing SimCity don't be ridiculous

And yeah this looks almost exactly like sims 3 to me. I understand wanting it to run on everything but then why not just overhaul sims 3? What does it need a new 60 dollar entry for, outside of the reason of "so you can buy pets and vampires for the 4th time"

I wasn't expecting a radical upgrade in graphics or anything since its The Sims, but I was expecting something.

At least make it look a little nicer on a high end system. Sheesh, it looks exactly the same as 3. The functionality and features would have to be far more advanced than 3 in order for me to take notice.

LQX

Have to keep in mind the people that mostly play this most likely have a shit PC so it would be wise for EA to work more on optimization for lower end rather than high.

There will be an online component in The Sims 4?
There will be extra fun and social elements for those who decide to play online (more on that later), but the main game was meant to happen offline. Each choose how you want to play.

You need the Origin client to play The Sims ™ 4?
You need an account EA / Origin to install the game. After installation, you no longer need to connect to the Internet if you do not want.

It appears they learned their lesson.

The SIMS. Looks like crap, runs like crap. Even though it's an exclusive title.

I could be wrong, but hasn't The Sims (3) been on plenty of consoles now?

Berordn

And yeah this looks almost exactly like sims 3 to me. I understand wanting it to run on everything but then why not just overhaul sims 3? What does it need a new 60 dollar entry for, outside of the reason of "so you can buy pets and vampires for the 4th time"

So you buy Pets and Vampires for the 4th time. Let's not kid ourselves here.

McNum

No one is playing SimCity don't be ridiculous

Oh, Sims 3 is far, far beyond the point of saving with an overhaul. It's a mess of half-baked solutions to pre-release promises and crazy bloat. I mean the infinite taxis bug is still there. No, if you want a games that actually does what Sims 3 was supposed to, you'd need a brand new one written from scratch to avoid carrying over issues from older games.

Which... might be this game. Like Windows Vista to Widows 7. The "done right" version, as it were. At least that's what I hope.

It'll most likely still have some horrible bugs pop up during its time, can't make a the Sims game without a lot of interlocking systems... which is a recipe for "How the heck did THAT happen?" That's sort of the fun of the game at times.

So, yeah, if I can get a game that actually does what Sims 3 was trying to and runs decently, I'll be happy. The engine change gives me a little hope that they've had to toss out a lot of the Sims 3 (and Sims 2) code and rebuild it.

H13

I wonder,what its the ideal graphic for the 'Next Gen Sims 'looks like.
Anyone got any idea or a picture?

Top Bottom