• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 4 screens and details leak in Portuguese

Persona86

Banned
Looks like the slider customization has improved...
998451_633410873345265_1897371883_n.jpg

1094926_633453690007650_131756223_n.jpg

Booty slider? Awww yeah!

AlexBasch

Y'know what? I don't give a shit about Sims 4 at all, it's clear that they want anyone to play it, even with a shitty laptop.

What matters the most is "fuck marriage guy".

Seriously, I'm just skimming through this thread to see more images of him.

Mr_Zombie

I hope that UI isn't final. It's not only atrocious, but it also covers every edge of the screen. :|

As for the graphics, I'm fine with them being on Sims 3 level if that means the game will perform good in every situation. Not to mention, facial expressions and animations are much more important. And looking at the screen in the OP, at least facial expression is covered. ;)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Something about this seems fishy as EA must be capitalizing on that good will from their bundle.

Looks terrible.

Darryl

Banned
Sims 3's performance problems are more due to inefficient programming with the stuff you can't see, I think. Things go from bad to worse as you pile on the expansion packs and all the associated new shiny objects.

they probably saw the entire series as a dying fad and just shoehorned whatever improvements they could find into sims 3 to make a cheap product. i think sims 4 could have a generations worth of improvements just from fixing the shitty coding. maybe they'll stick with improving the gameplay instead

Ugh, I don't like the art style and the HUD. It makes the game look worse than Sims 3 IMO.

However, I'm very interested in the gameplay and usability additions. For instance, I really like:

Looks like the slider customization has improved...
998451_633410873345265_1897371883_n.jpg

1094926_633453690007650_131756223_n.jpg

Also, if we can build our own neighborhoods and seamlessly move from lot to lot, I will be all over this game despite the underwhelming style.

UrbanRats

So what's new in the game? The bullet points in the OP are absolutely nothing new (emotions are new now? What?).

As a big The Sims fan, i have to say i'm done getting milked by them.
They took one of my favorite series and morphed it into something gross, but i guess that's par for the course for EA, they have to destroy every single last franchise they have, because they have zero restrain and can't look past 5 years into the future.

EDIT: The slider thing above is very neat, though.
Too bad the graphics show zero improvement.

It's a shame it doesn't look better, but if it runs better, has less bugs, and has better Sim AI, that would be a big improvement.

McNum

It's a shame it doesn't look better, but if it runs better, has less bugs, and has better Sim AI, that would be a big improvement.
I really want to see this thing in motion. There's a lot of room for improvement in animations from Sims 3 to 4. If they move more naturally and have smooth, easy to read, animations for actions, it'll be a vast improvement. In Sims 3, they move like robots some times. And have amusing pathfinding errors at time.

The more stylized look gives me hope that they will. When Sims in 3 did extreme actions it looked weird, partly due to the Uncanny Valley. These Sims in 4? I could see them doing Tom and Jerry like slapstick and still not look off.

Please don't nerf canned soup.
Hold on, what's so good about Canned Soup over the other Quick Meals? I use Bread and Jam mostly.

Mr Swine

Banned
Stuff that i want The Sims 4 to have/return

1. Buy food, never understood why they took it away. I want to have a certain amount of food in the fridge and it depletes as my sims cook or eat stuff.

2.. Actual stores, no more rabbit holes!

3. More options when working. I want my sims to go out and perform stuff.

4. Hard time making money, hate it that its so easy to make money in the sims 3

5. More stuff from the sims 2, lots of stuff missing from the sims 2.

6. Real multicore support, so the game can handle more stuff.

7. Make so that more sims can go through doors! No more stuck sims because they have to wait their turn

Paskil

You need the Origin client to play The Sims ™ 4?
You need an account EA / Origin to install the game. After installation, you no longer need to connect to the Internet if you do not want.

EA, not fucking around with their bread and butter. Although different, more casual demo, I suppose.

Twinduct

Hope the sacrifice in the graphical compartment means more seamless transitions between sims and etc.

I really dislike 'base' sims though. All back to the limited amount of scope so that they can nickel and dime in objects/ mechanics that was already created before.

Can't wait for my Kat Perry suite pack thing! Or the ability to have a semi shit dog sim! All yours for 120 usd!

It does not look like Sims 3. You people are crazy. However I still prefer the look of Sims 2. Sims 2 has lower quality but a bit more stylized. The room concept looks interesting. I hope we can do more customization of the clothes. Like how Saints Row lets you mix and match. I hope Sims 4 lets you do that. In Sims 3, I hated how some outfits, tops and bottoms were only good with certain types.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah the UI looks terrible, like it's lifted from SimCity aesthetics.

I'll buy it if Ultra/Cheetah/whatever speed is back in. Taking that out ruind Sims 3.

Erm, Sims only have up to "level 3" speed. Sims 3 even had "level 3 until action is done" speed. Maybe you're referring to SimCity, which did remove it.

Jintor

Got my hands on an early mag, but no UI shots so I can't confirm nada.

I'm embargoed until it's onshelves anyway lol

It doesn't look any different, looks like I'll stick with The Sims 3

So looks are what you want in a Sims game. I see, I'll reserve my judgement for when the features are actually announced rather than jumping on the "oh this game looks like Sims 3 bandwagon." Sims 3 looks alright, this looks alright. If there is enough customization options and changes to systems I don't care that it doesn't look like Witcher 3. That being said, this thread is pretty hilarious and that guys face...amazing. Also, those sliders for character creation look great. I hope finally I can create characters that feel personalized and unique.

UrbanRats

I can't believe they expect us to start ALL OVER AGAIN, for the 4th time... Seasons, pets, vacations, nightlife, and so on.

Fucking Groundhog Day of a franchise... it's like a nightmare.

They need to slow the career progression big time. It's absolutely ridiculous that you can go from unemployed to the top level of a career in around 20 days. You don't need any skills and all that is required is to go to work in a good mood. At the very least restrict progression to skill level like in the original so I can go at my own pace.

Cheddahz

Banned
So looks are what you want in a Sims game. I see, I'll reserve my judgement for when the features are actually announced rather than jumping on the "oh this game looks like Sims 3 bandwagon." Sims 3 looks alright, this looks alright. If there is enough customization options and changes to systems I don't care that it doesn't look like Witcher 3. That being said, this thread is pretty hilarious and that guys face...amazing. Also, those sliders for character creation look great. I hope finally I can create characters that feel personalized and unique.

The design transition from The Sims 2 to The Sims 3 was huge. The Sims 4 looks like it still uses the same engine that The Sims 3 ran on and to be honest, I didn't like The Sims 3 as much as The Sims 2

Khaz

They need to slow the career progression big time. It's absolutely ridiculous that you can go from unemployed to the top level of a career in around 20 days. You don't need any skills and all that is required is to go to work in a good mood. At the very least restrict progression to skill level like in the original so I can go at my own pace.

Since when is career progression linked to skill level?

Top Bottom