• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 'Skylanders Giants' |OT|

Sora_N

I bought this game for my 6 years old a week ago. He never asked me for it but i had a feeling he'd enjoy it, he plays video games casually, i mean he has a 3ds and after 6 months he is now on the last castle in the Mario 3d land game but hasn't played in weeks. He also plays on the PS3 from time to time.

Well, he is obsessed with this game, i already bought a new giant for him and my mother in law got him a 3 pack. He is playing right now and is about to beat the game, his first ever.

I have to say despite looking quite blurry the game is great for kids, 100% kids themes and the fact that the characters move slowly is great cause my kid has no problem controlling the characters, the perspective also helps a lot.

I want to buy him the original game cause at least form the videos it looks like it is a better game.

You should, Giants is pretty boring to me so far.

Got a Toys'r'us e-mail today. It seems that Ninjini is a TRU exclusive for a while, the stocks are in today.

022713F_EM_TRU_HotToyAlert_Skylanders_14.jpg

Zing

Banned
I actually LOL'd at that, since GameMaster likely paid hundreds of dollars for his 3-4 Ninjinis he bought just a couple weeks ago. This is after he ranted about scalpers.

Dragoshi1

I wanted to go pick up Ninjini, my little sister has been waiting for her since Giants first launched. But I can't get there in time, hopefully the store closest to me got in a ton of them.

I did order Molten Hot Dog and got him yesterday, so I just need Wrecking Ball S2 to have all of the favorites I picked out.

No luck, I can only resort to waiting for Amazon to put it up, they're selling it for 49.99, which is OUTRAGEOUSLY high.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
I actually LOL'd at that, since GameMaster likely paid hundreds of dollars for his 3-4 Ninjinis he bought just a couple weeks ago. This is after he ranted about scalpers.

I didn't get 3-4 Ninjini's. I got 2. I didn't pay hundreds for them. I paid higher prices, but not hundreds.

I got 2 more Ninjini's through TRU last night, due to them accidentally putting them out on the floor before today's event. Got one of those 40% off to boot. I went to another TRU and bought a 5th for my youngest daughter this morning.

Newlanders... are... done.

Now it's just a matter of waiting for single pack Hot Dog, Shroomboom, Series 2 Spyro, Wrecking Ball, Lightcore Pop Fizz, Chill, Legendary Chill, and Jade Flashwing to release, so I can call wave 4 done. That's when I will update collection photos.

Speaking of which, I redid the order of Giants figures on my wall. Now that I know for sure that Skylanders previously released in Starter/Battle Packs are getting single packs, I had to re-arrange the wall so they wouldn't be displayed out of order.

Instead of doing each element side to side, I am doing each element from top to bottom for 8 rows.

Lightcore on top, Newlanders on the second row, and the 3 Series 2 per element below. It looks a lot better. Can't wait to show everyone what it looks like, but not until I get the rest of wave 4.

Underdog

Neo Member
Awesome to see Ninjini being released. Not sure if truly a TRU exclusive for now, but if so I guess that limits the days I need to look for her....my TRU says trucks come Tuesday, so all new items are on the shelf Wednesday morning.

That's better than I got from Best Buy - orders come in everyday, via different shipping methods, and are stocked as the employees have time.

Probably should still check the TRU...have a $10 off of $50 for Skylanders that expires today. Although their aren't that many that I still need (that my kids actually want).

Picked up Molten Hot Dog last night.....figures I'd find him in the stores before my web order is ready for pick up!

Dug through some stuff the other day and turns out I have quite a few duplicates - thanks to xmas and birthdays and multiple orders, so getting a little GameMaster78 collection going on my wall now too!

Game play is on hiatus for now - kids finished the game, but not 100%. I think I'm on chapter 9 now with only 2 characters, both maxed out. Waiting a while to see which characters I really want to play with - thought maybe I'd just stick with dragons, but not sure there is one for Life and Fire?

Dragoshi1

Major success!

Ordered Ninjini from Toysrus.com before she sold out, and also ordered Jade Flashwing from Target.com!

My sister will be happy with Ninjini, and I will with Jade Flashwing!

Underdog

Neo Member
Major success!

Ordered Ninjini from Toysrus.com before she sold out, and also ordered Jade Flashwing from Target.com!

My sister will be happy with Ninjini, and I will with Jade Flashwing!

Just placed my order for Jade Flashwing as well!

http://www.target.com/p/skylanders-...04334#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=jade+flashwing

I love the online ordering.....never like paying shipping, but better than driving around to the 4 Targets, 4 Walmarts, and 2 TRUs in the area trying to catch them in stock!

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Just ordered Ninjini and Hot Dog from Gamestop.com.

Now I just need LC Pop Fizz and LC Chill.

I can't even put her in my cart at gamestop.com, just keep getting errors. Is she in store yet?

BooJoh

I can't even put her in my cart at gamestop.com, just keep getting errors. Is she in store yet?

Looks like she's out of stock now. They still have Hot Dog though. Your best bet to nab them from the GS website is to add the ones you want to your wishlist and check that daily. Sometimes you can even add them to your cart from the wishlist when they show as unavailable on the product page.

Shallwhat

Banned
I've been collecting one of every character in the series, not the variants or re-releases either, just one of each. The only characters I am missing are Ghost Roaster, Boomer, and Dino-Rang. I have unopened Empire of Ice, Pirate Seas, and Dragons Peak adventure packs if anyone wants to trade with me!

edit:

I posted this on GFAQS as well but got no response, figured someone here would reply.

I am thinking about creating a Skylanders chat site where it would have forums and a chatbox for people to talk about the game, buying, selling, trading, etc.

I have been to a few Skylanders fan sites, but none ever seem to have decent forums or a chatbox.

What do you guys think? Bad idea?

Possible domain names I thought of were LetsTalkSkylanders.com and SkylandersUnite.com

Zing

Banned
Based on my experience with the darkspyro forums, you shouldn't even think about it unless you want to heavily moderate. The vast majority of users appear to be teenagers who have no idea of what should constitute as meaningful content, or even decent conversation. Even the good posters there are clearly immature.

Shallwhat

Banned
Based on my experience with the darkspyro forums, you shouldn't even think about it unless you want to heavily moderate. The vast majority of users appear to be teenagers who have no idea of what should constitute as meaningful content, or even decent conversation. Even the good posters there are clearly immature.

You make a good point, I have a feeling it would all be kids. That's unfortunate. I love this game. So does my girlfriend, and her family now haha.

Underdog

Neo Member
I've been collecting one of every character in the series, not the variants or re-releases either, just one of each. The only characters I am missing are Ghost Roaster, Boomer, and Dino-Rang. I have unopened Empire of Ice, Pirate Seas, and Dragons Peak adventure packs if anyone wants to trade with me!

edit:

I posted this on GFAQS as well but got no response, figured someone here would reply.

I am thinking about creating a Skylanders chat site where it would have forums and a chatbox for people to talk about the game, buying, selling, trading, etc.

I have been to a few Skylanders fan sites, but none ever seem to have decent forums or a chatbox.

What do you guys think? Bad idea?

Possible domain names I thought of were LetsTalkSkylanders.com and SkylandersUnite.com

Not a bad idea, but sounds like a lot of work.

I actually really like the SkylandersUnite.com domain.....along with SkylandersUnited.com. Both are still available. Went through my cyber squatting period many years ago, or else I'd snap them up ;) Just saying......

Sorry, don't have any of those extras you are looking for. Pretty sure we have Ghost Roaster from the pack, but don't recall ever seeing Boomer or Dino-Rang in store. One of my TRU used to have an entire wall of the figures from SA, but as of yesterday they only have a small section.

Dragons Peak seems to go for a decent amount of $$ on ebay - after fees and shipping you might even break even!

I'll keep my eyes open though....

Katzii

Perseverance paid off and I finally managed to complete this wave with Lightcore Shroomboom.

Now just the last few Lightcores and whatever other waves are coming up.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
You guys might want to start checking your local Gamestops. My Gamestops got in Series 2 Spyro, Wrecking Ball, as well as single pack Hot Dog and Shroomboom yesterday. Most, if not all of my Gamestops also got in Ninjini.

I made a couple of videos for my Skylanders Youtube Channel. Here's a look at Spyro and Wrecking Ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZihOZrWlFJs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPR2zX86XJk

I also wanted to vent a tiny bit. I am starting to get the impression us Americans won't be seeing either Polar Whirlwind or Scarlet Ninjini. I am mainly worried, because it seems that the people overseas (people in the PAL regions) didn't get Royal Double Trouble.

Why was a game made with a registerable character like Royal Double Trouble, just for the people overseas to never see him, but rather have to pay stupid Ebay prices for him? Chase variants is a horse of a different color, but there is no reason to program Royal Double Trouble into the game, and then deny certain countries the right to that figure.

It's kind of shady if you ask me, and it makes me wonder if us Skylander fans in America are going to get shafted?

I certainly hope not. I bought 4 Wii's for 3 Gnarly Tree Rex figures, 4 Jade Flashwings, 4 Molten Hot Dogs, 4 Punch Pop Fizz figures, 4 Royal Double Troubles, and 4 Granite Crushers in faith that ALL 8 Ingame Variants would be released here.

Once I found out certain countries didn't get Royal Double Trouble, I started asking myself, "If they didn't get those, who's to stop them from shafting us on Ingame Variants in the states?" It's not a thought I should even have to take in mind. It's also something the people overseas shouldn't even have to deal with. They have a right to Royal Double Trouble.

All I can say is, and I hate to say this, but I can't see myself supporting a franchise that likes to play head games. I bought 4 of each of the 6 currently released Ingame Variants in blind faith that all 8 would come out in America. I hope to God they do, just like I think it would be fair to those overseas who are still denied Royal Double Trouble. It's simply not fair to my fellow humans overseas, and it wouldn't be fair if North America didn't receive all 8 Ingame Variants as well (ie Scarlet, Punch, Royal, Granite, Jade, Molten, Polar, and Gnarly).

Hope you guys enjoy those brief looks at Series 2 Spyro and Wrecking Ball. I will be making more videos shortly.

Zing

Banned
I suspect that the vast majority of players will never even know that Royal Double Trouble exists, nor care to acquire him. No one is forced to buy on ebay, other than the obsessed minority of adult gamers.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
I suspect that the vast majority of players will never even know that Royal Double Trouble exists, nor care to acquire him. No one is forced to buy on ebay, other than the obsessed minority of adult gamers.

Well, they will always be 1 number away from having a complete collection if they play the 3DS game, which shows a x/99 listing when you view the collection.

I am a completionist. I know others out there will be as well. When they think they have every character, they will look at their collection on the 3DS and it will always say 98/99, and then at that point, they will know they don't have every character, despite the fact they would have 7/8 ingame variants, 10 legendaries, 1 dark spyro, 32 skylanders, 8 giants, 8 lightcore, 8 newlanders, and 24 Series 2 figures. They will do research and find out they can't finish their collection unless they get Royal Double Trouble, they will see it never came out in their region, and they will go to Ebay whether they like it or not.

Point is, they shouldn't have to. He was programmed into the game. The 3DS makes sure to tell people there are 99 Skylanders to collect. Those who want that 99, WILL have to go to Ebay, if they want a complete collection.

And yeah, Chia. We didn't get Dark Spyro in a single pack. However, at least we got him in some form. In the UK and such, they never got Royal Double Trouble, while we in America have had him since November 20th, 2012.

It's just wrong and shady if you ask me. I so hope to God they don't deny me the chance to own Polar Whirlwind or Scarlet Ninjini without having to go to Ebay, or I will have to seriously reconsider things, as I don't appreciate buying 4 Wii's at 150 a piece to get the needed Gnarlys for my Skylanders Family, thinking in the back of my head they won't make any of them exclusive to a certain country. Then I recently learned about the people in the PAL regions not getting Royal Double Trouble, and now I have it in mind that they could end up pulling a silly stunt like making a figure region exclusive.

That shouldn't even have to be a thought if you ask me.

Underdog

Neo Member
Well, North America also did not get the Dark Spyro in single packs, did it? I bought mine from UK.

I think you're right.

I'm a little more upset that they release these "variants" tied to a platform starter kit.

My kids wanted Dark Spyro last year, but I wasn't going to buy a starter kit for a system that we didn't own (didn't get 3DS until this Christmas). I eventually found the 3DS SA starter kit on sale for $30-40, so it turned out okay, but they had been talking about Dark Spyro for a year!

I also bought a Wii system to get Gnarly Tree Rex. I didn't feel so bad about that as it ended up being a nice gift for my parents......but seriously, Wii has been out for years and it was ridiculous to tie that character to a purchase of an entire gaming system!

I don't own any Apple devices, so I have no desire to buy the game just to get Royal Double Trouble.....but I do find it funny that the single character is selling for more than the price of the game kit! (or at least it was). If they released the game for Android it would be a different story.

Underdog

Neo Member
It's just wrong and shady if you ask me. I so hope to God they don't deny me the chance to own Polar Whirlwind or Scarlet Ninjini without having to go to Ebay, or I will have to seriously reconsider things, as I don't appreciate buying 4 Wii's at 150 a piece to get the needed Gnarlys for my Skylanders Family, thinking in the back of my head they won't make any of them exclusive to a certain country. Then I recently learned about the people in the PAL regions not getting Royal Double Trouble, and now I have it in mind that they could end up pulling a silly stunt like making a figure region exclusive.

That shouldn't even have to be a thought if you ask me.

I do feel your frustration.....and I agree that it wouldn't be right to release the game with those characters in there, and not make the characters available for purchase in those countries.

I wonder if that is a decision by TFB or Activision?

After my last bout of searching for EyeBrawl and ThumpBack in time for a birthday present (end of January), I've already tempered my kid's expectations for all other figures......I don't have the time to drive around every day looking for figures. If I find them in a store, cool, but I'm not paying ebay/craigslist prices, and I'm not wasting hours every day looking for them. EVERY store I've walked into this past week has had 5-10 EyeBrawl and ThumpBack on the shelf.

Tried to get ahead by ordering Molten Hot Dog online, only to find a ton of them in 3 different stores a week before my order was ready for pickup!

I only mention this because I'm starting to do this as well.....this isn't anything bad or negative towards you....just something I'm considering:

Having had a year or so of these games being out, it might be a good time to reconsider my strategy.......very few of these characters have been a limited release. I started jumping on the characters as soon as they were released, only to find them on sale a few months down the road for as much as 50% off.

I bought the Wii bundle when it went on sale for $125 (TRU ebay daily deal). Found it at Target back in January or February on sale for $75-80!

Early November I bought the Walmart xbox360 starter kit for $75, then saw it go on sale for $50 at Thanksgiving (but missed the actual sale). Turned around and bought a couple on clearance from JCP before Xmas for $40 ($50 clearance and a 20% coupon).....along with the LC characters on clearance for $7. I was lucky enough to exchange one of the starter kits at a different store for the 3DS version after Xmas, and did a no-receipt return on another and got $65 in store credit.....so it kind of eased the pain of paying full price back in November.

Now I see characters going on sale at places like Best Buy for $6, when I paid $10-11 for them.

For me, that just kind of puts a sour taste in my mouth. This just smells of the Beanie Baby craze all over again......they release them in such limited supply to begin with, then flood the stores and they can't give them away.

Same thing with the sidekick characters and the $29.99 purchase requirement. You can't even buy 2 Giants and meet the requirement, because at $14.99 each, that is only $29.98.....BUT you have to spend at least $29.99 on Skylanders merchandise, so you are really spending $40 to get that little sidekick......times 4!

GameMaster78

Neo Member
It just bugs me - despite not living overseas - to see people overseas getting the shaft on Skylanders products. They didn't get the sidekicks, but the game registers them as objects that add to the totals, and now I found out they didn't get Royal Double Trouble over there, which then makes me think us Americans are going to get the shaft and they won't even care.

I bought 4 of each of the 6 current Ingame Variants. Those are Royal Double Trouble, Punch Pop Fizz, Granite Crusher, Jade Flashwing, Molten Hot Dog, and Gnarly Tree Rex. I bought 4 of each thinking I will be able to get 4 Scarlet Ninjini and Polar Whirlwinds in the US.

Now I am seeing Amazon.de listings for an exclusive Scarlet Ninjini, and people in Norway keep finding Polar Whirlwind at their local supermarkets (?).

I think if TFB are going to program "Special" tags into Skylanders, they need to mass release those "Special" Skylanders. Same with Ingame Variants. If they're going to program those into the game, they need to make those available to the whole world for those who want complete collections.

I really don't want a burned bridge with TFB, but despite how much I love the people there and this franchise, I don't think I could handle an incomplete collection, while also knowing I bought 4 Wii's for 4 Gnarly Tree Rex figures, in blind faith that all 8 would be released in the US. I feel for people overseas who want to complete their collections, but the only access they have to Royal Double Trouble, is through Ebay.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
I'd like to think of it as constructive criticism. I love Skylanders, yes. I have vented that I would stop collecting two times... maybe 3. First time was when figures weren't being released enough during the first game, which made it a scalper haven. They fixed that problem with this game.

The second might have been when I vented about E3 Spyro, but I was mainly upset because my fiancee and I were splitting up, and I had my kids on my mind.

Now, this time, is totally warranted. I know the typical people will throw out the typical defensive excuse, "well, people don't HAVE to buy them off of Ebay," but the fact is, there are a lot of people out there who want complete Skylanders collections.

Them not releasing Royal Double Trouble overseas says two things.

1: They obviously don't want everyone to have a chance to own all registerable characters.

2: Could the US be screwed out of a registerable character as well.

It's shouldn't even be a thought. If I made Skylanders, and programmed certain characters in there, you better be darn sure I'm gonna make it so those characters are made available in all regions.

Now, the kicker to that is the chase variants. They don't show up different ingame, but rather, they show up as "Special." Sure, they can add to your totals, but I still deem them less important than Ingame Variants, which show up different ingame.

I just hope America gets all 8 Ingame Variants. We've gotten 6. We need Scarlet and Polar. If not, then I won't quit this game, but I will seriously cut back on what I buy for Swap Force. It will be more like 1 of each character, 1 copy of the game on a home console, and 1 copy of the game on 3DS.

I won't trust the handling of any ingame variants for Swap Force, so I will leave ingame variants alone altogether, and that even means TRU exclusive Legendaries. If I can't have them all, I don't want them all. I will stick with the characters on the poster and that's that.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
Well, this time, I will have to stick by my guns. There's no use going overboard on something that's going to let me go overboard on everything I want.

I have a set number of things I want from Skylanders. I want 4 of everything, minus the chase variants, from Giants. If I can't achieve that number, it throws a huge kink in the way I want to display my collection in time, and then it defeats the purpose of trying.

So, and I never break these, so take this to the bank, fellas, but if I can't get 4 Polar Whirlwind and 4 Scarlet Ninjinis, I "SWEAR TO GOD, ON MY KIDS' LIVES" I will most likely only buy the core characters from Swap Force, and 1 copy of the game on 3DS and a home console.

That means, I will only buy what characters are shown on the poster, no matter if TFB/VV displays the entire collection on a collections screen, displaying all of the variants. I will still only buy 1 of each Swaplander, 1 of each Newlander, 1 of each Lightcore, and 1 of each the Returning Favorites. I will play with them through the box, and if for some reason I can't play with them through the box, I will simply buy the stuff and keep it put away forever.

There's no reason for me to continue doing the things I'm doing, if it's going to be a huge hassle. There are people in Norway scalping these Polar Whirlwinds for 169 Euros. You can't barter and setup trading, if that's what TFB intended, with people who want money over anything else. Heck, there are no venues for Skylanders trading, where people can meet and get what they need, so that rules out that. Only way I could get at least ONE Polar Whirlwind, is to pay stupid Ebay prices. I would buy ONE for the sake of saying I own it, but that will still change my stance on Skylanders from here on out.

I swore, too. Despite it being just a word, it's a word I honor. I never break swears, so people can download Fraps or Screenhunter, snap a pic of my post stating it, and keep it as reference that I mean what I say.

I love Skylanders to death. However, when I buy 4 Nintendo Wii bundles (600+ dollars) for 4 Gnarly Tree Rex figures, I did so in faith that all 8 Ingame Variants would be made available to me here in the US. I am only missing Scarlet and Polar. Those are two Ingame Variants that have shown up recently at Amazon.de and some supermarket in Norway called Mediamarket.

That's a long way from the US. I wouldn't be so worried if they got Royal Double Trouble overseas. If they didn't get that figure there, why can't they screw over the US Skylander fans, by making one or both of those exclusive to that region?

I just hope it isn't the case, because I was looking forward to buying 17 copies of Swap Force when it came out (for 17 Blast Zone and Wash Buckler), as well as 17 of all Swap Force Skylanders, 3 of every Newlander, Lightcore, Returning Favorites, Legendaries, and Ingame Variants.

I had a grand plan for one kick *** display when I got a bigger house built. One where my Path A and B Skylanders would all be displayed, with their names and upgrade paths listed by name by them, while also displaying all 256 combinations of Swap Force Skylanders. The only thing stopping that, is not being able to get 4 Polar Whirlwind and 4 Scarlet Ninjini.

Only time will tell. But, fate plays a funny game. Fateful choices by others lead people to fateful choices by others. I can only plead with TFB to release Polar and Scarlet in the US. The rest is up to them. They will make money regardless of my choices, but in my eyes, it would be very shady of this awesome studio to dog their customers, by keeping certain figures region exclusive. In time, it could hurt them more than help them.

Zing

Banned
8540209336_b3f768cf5d.jpg

The collection is complete. All 40 Skylanders, 8 Giants, 10 items, and 4 adventures.

I'm at the final Kaos battle on nightmare mode in Giants. I also picked up series 2 Spyro, so my long desired dream of playing through the first game with a "dream team" comprised of one Skylander from each element starting from scratch can be realized.

Zing

Banned
I am playing through Spyro's Adventure again, and it is immediately clear just how much better overall the game is than Giants. The atmosphere, the writing, the pacing, the level design… it's all vastly superior. The only thing missing is the difficulty.

I can see just how rushed Giants is now. Giants is schizophrenic in that the story and execution seem to be clearly aimed at players who are familiar with the first game, yet it still spends the first five chapters explaining basic shit like moving laser and pushing blocks. It's also all over the place in terms of pacing. You are just getting into the game, then you have this plodding pirate chapter where you play Skystones a dozen times. Then suddenly you are in an ice world. It's also bullshit that they removed all water from the world. There is no exploration.

BooJoh

Well, this time, I will have to stick by my guns. There's no use going overboard on something that's going to let me go overboard on everything I want.

I have a set number of things I want from Skylanders. I want 4 of everything, minus the chase variants, from Giants. If I can't achieve that number, it throws a huge kink in the way I want to display my collection in time, and then it defeats the purpose of trying.

So, and I never break these, so take this to the bank, fellas, but if I can't get 4 Polar Whirlwind and 4 Scarlet Ninjinis, I "SWEAR TO GOD, ON MY KIDS' LIVES" I will most likely only buy the core characters from Swap Force, and 1 copy of the game on 3DS and a home console.

That means, I will only buy what characters are shown on the poster, no matter if TFB/VV displays the entire collection on a collections screen, displaying all of the variants. I will still only buy 1 of each Swaplander, 1 of each Newlander, 1 of each Lightcore, and 1 of each the Returning Favorites. I will play with them through the box, and if for some reason I can't play with them through the box, I will simply buy the stuff and keep it put away forever.

There's no reason for me to continue doing the things I'm doing, if it's going to be a huge hassle. There are people in Norway scalping these Polar Whirlwinds for 169 Euros. You can't barter and setup trading, if that's what TFB intended, with people who want money over anything else. Heck, there are no venues for Skylanders trading, where people can meet and get what they need, so that rules out that. Only way I could get at least ONE Polar Whirlwind, is to pay stupid Ebay prices. I would buy ONE for the sake of saying I own it, but that will still change my stance on Skylanders from here on out.

I swore, too. Despite it being just a word, it's a word I honor. I never break swears, so people can download Fraps or Screenhunter, snap a pic of my post stating it, and keep it as reference that I mean what I say.

I love Skylanders to death. However, when I buy 4 Nintendo Wii bundles (600+ dollars) for 4 Gnarly Tree Rex figures, I did so in faith that all 8 Ingame Variants would be made available to me here in the US. I am only missing Scarlet and Polar. Those are two Ingame Variants that have shown up recently at Amazon.de and some supermarket in Norway called Mediamarket.

That's a long way from the US. I wouldn't be so worried if they got Royal Double Trouble overseas. If they didn't get that figure there, why can't they screw over the US Skylander fans, by making one or both of those exclusive to that region?

I just hope it isn't the case, because I was looking forward to buying 17 copies of Swap Force when it came out (for 17 Blast Zone and Wash Buckler), as well as 17 of all Swap Force Skylanders, 3 of every Newlander, Lightcore, Returning Favorites, Legendaries, and Ingame Variants.

I had a grand plan for one kick *** display when I got a bigger house built. One where my Path A and B Skylanders would all be displayed, with their names and upgrade paths listed by name by them, while also displaying all 256 combinations of Swap Force Skylanders. The only thing stopping that, is not being able to get 4 Polar Whirlwind and 4 Scarlet Ninjini.

Only time will tell. But, fate plays a funny game. Fateful choices by others lead people to fateful choices by others. I can only plead with TFB to release Polar and Scarlet in the US. The rest is up to them. They will make money regardless of my choices, but in my eyes, it would be very shady of this awesome studio to dog their customers, by keeping certain figures region exclusive. In time, it could hurt them more than help them.

Don't worry, I'm sure if you threaten to quit collecting enough, Bobby Kotick himself will show up at your doorstep with four Polar Whirlwinds. It's worked every other time you do this.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
Well, whatever happens from this moment forward, it will be left up to fate. There's a 50/50 chance of multiple outcomes happening in life, based around the choices we create.

I've gotten to the point right now, that I just don't care about much in life or what happens.

If I can't get 4 of the remaining Ingame Variants, so be it. My decisions based around the decision to or to not release them will be dealt with by my wallet and my wallet only (well I'm sure others won't be too thrilled either but I can't vouch for anyone but myself).

If I can, my Skylanders collecting journey continues.

Either way, I don't really give a crap at this stage in my life. I already have some bad things going on around me, that I don't need the extra frustration in wondering if I will be allowed to get certain figures that are programmed into the game.

It either happens or it doesn't. I either will or I won't buy everything Skylanders related. Just gonna take everything one day at a time and see what fate decides.

It's like my friend. He doesn't support Chic Fil A's choices about homosexuality. He refuses to spend his money on Chic Fil A, because of their choices. I love Chic Fil A and still eat there despite their views and contributions against it. However, to my friend, it's the principal of it all, and though he cannot ensure their failure, he sticks with his values. I am in the same boat.

I have given more than anyone on this planet to the Skylanders brand. I am not tooting my own horn here, but am speaking the truth. I seriously doubt one person can say they spent what I have spent. I have spent what I have spent in good faith I will have access to everything Skylanders related, minus Chase Variants, which never seem to hit the floor where I live. Instead, employees take them out of the box befor stocking the rest of the box, in order to make bank on Ebay. I have accepted that.

But, at the same time, they don't show up differently ingame, and I don't technically consider them to be part of Skylanders collecting, despite owning all of the ones from the first game. However, the ones that do show up ingame, should be easy to get a hold of.

The 3DS game allows for 99 registerable Skylanders, and makes sure to let you know there are 99 to collect. 8 of those 99 are the Ingame Variants.

If they are made to be exclusive to certain parts of the world only, those who want to "catch'em all" are just out of luck. They're left with a game that can't reach 99/99, but rather 97/99 (North America if we don't get Scarlet Ninjini and Polar Whirlwind) and 98/99 (everywhere else if they don't get Royal Double Trouble).

Oh, well. Whatever happens, happens. I can hope for the best, but I can't force companies/developers to do anything. I can only make sure not to fall for stuff a second time.

It's whatever, really.

BooJoh

I have given more than anyone on this planet to the Skylanders brand. I am not tooting my own horn here, but am speaking the truth. I seriously doubt one person can say they spent what I have spent. I have spent what I have spent in good faith I will have access to everything Skylanders related, minus Chase Variants, which never seem to hit the floor where I live. Instead, employees take them out of the box befor stocking the rest of the box, in order to make bank on Ebay. I have accepted that.

That's your mistake right there. Activision is not interested in your faith, only your cash. Period. They will release whatever they deem marketable in whatever regions they deem marketable and one single person who spends ludicrous amounts of money on them isn't going to change how they handle distribution of their goods. They never made a promise that you could get everything. That sense of entitlement is on you.

If you make a loud enough stink, someone will likely "hook you up" and you'll finish your collection, but those are individuals who respect your dedication to the brand. Nobody who makes the decisions about distribution is really going to care about one fan's opinion, even if that person spent more on the game than anyone else on the planet. Because at the end of the day your collection - however impressive it may be - is chump change for a series that makes hundreds of millions of dollars for Activision.

Zing

Banned
Just because the 3DS version lists 99 figures doesn't mean the developers ever intended anyone to get all 99 or that anyone should.

Stage On

To GameMaster78

OH BO HO. At least you American's got the Sidekicks exclusively unlike the rest of the world.
And more then likely you're going to get the Giant Sidekicks to yourself as well.

Welcome to how the rest of us are treated when it comes to "getting em all"

Katzii

I am playing through Spyro's Adventure again, and it is immediately clear just how much better overall the game is than Giants. The atmosphere, the writing, the pacing, the level design… it's all vastly superior. The only thing missing is the difficulty.

I can see just how rushed Giants is now. Giants is schizophrenic in that the story and execution seem to be clearly aimed at players who are familiar with the first game, yet it still spends the first five chapters explaining basic shit like moving laser and pushing blocks. It's also all over the place in terms of pacing. You are just getting into the game, then you have this plodding pirate chapter where you play Skystones a dozen times. Then suddenly you are in an ice world. It's also bullshit that they removed all water from the world. There is no exploration.

See, I thought I was the only one who thought this way. I enjoyed Giants, don't get me wrong, and I will be going back to play the game again now I have more figures, but although the difficulty levels were there, the charm I felt from the first game wasn't.

I doubt I'll be getting Skylanders Swap-whatevers, because if the series had begun jumping the shark with Giants, it's fully overboard and deep within Terrafin's gullet with this new series. None of the characters (save for the octopus/squid thing) particularly appear to have any sort of personality, and I cannot keep up with this hunting for figures, especially since, as usual, Europe gets the shaft and I never know when we're getting figures.

I gave Giants a chance because of the promise of more availability, but now all I see are the same tired Wave 1 figures that won't sell.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
To GameMaster78

OH BO HO. At least you American's got the Sidekicks exclusively unlike the rest of the world.
And more then likely you're going to get the Giant Sidekicks to yourself as well.

Welcome to how the rest of us are treated when it comes to "getting em all"

See, my statements are also born from the idea that you people overseas or in Canada are getting the shaft as well.

EVERYONE deserves the chance to get Sidekicks and Royal Double Trouble in all regions. Not just the US.

RkOwnage

So, I've decided to get rid of my Xbox 360 and all of the games. With the next Xbox reportedly not having backwards compatibility, I figure might as well get rid of the games now while I can get some value out of them. I am holding on to my Skylanders figures for now, and will probably pick up the game on PS3. My question is, will my Xbox 360 Portals of Power work on the PS3 console? Is it just a standard USB Device? Just curious before I buy the games, because if the portals do work, I imagine I'll just pick up the game used.

Just curious, thanks!

BooJoh

So, I've decided to get rid of my Xbox 360 and all of the games. With the next Xbox reportedly not having backwards compatibility, I figure might as well get rid of the games now while I can get some value out of them. I am holding on to my Skylanders figures for now, and will probably pick up the game on PS3. My question is, will my Xbox 360 Portals of Power work on the PS3 console? Is it just a standard USB Device? Just curious before I buy the games, because if the portals do work, I imagine I'll just pick up the game used.

Just curious, thanks!

I can't guarantee it, but I can say the PS3 works with the 3DS Portal via USB so I would think it could use the Xbox portal. If you have the Giants portal I think those might actually be identical on all consoles.

Orca

Just curious, thanks!

I'm curious. You're getting rid of the Xbox because the next one might not have BC, but you're keeping the PS3...which we KNOW won't have BC?

GameMaster78

Neo Member
The Giants 360 portal does not work on any other system but the 360. The other portals work with each of the other systems though (Wii, Wii U, PS3).

GameMaster78

Neo Member
Any idea when Ninjini/Wave 3(?) hits the UK and what will be in it?

I heard they've started showing up over there.

I had help in getting Polar Whirlwind from the Netherlands, and Scarlet Ninjini from Amazon.de. Both arrived, and thus I am done with all ingame variants, unless they release in the US, in which case I need to buy 1 of each for American style pegging.

Still no sign of Lightcore Pop Fizz and Chill, which the Facebook page said was out weeks ago. Not one single person owns those.

I really hope they do single packs for Chop Chop and Zap, so I can have all Series 2 figures in single pack packaging.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hey everyone. I'm planning to sell my Skylanders collection and I want to get an approximate value to put on eBay.

Everything here is related to the first game/Series 1
I have:
PS3 game
3DS game
Their portals and USBs
All 32 main Skylanders
All 5 special Skylanders
The mission packs
The items

Top Bottom