• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The South Carolina Democratic Primary thread (Obama 2:1 over Clinton)

Status
Not open for further replies.

npm0925

Obama rejected Edwards's offer of an allegiance down the road, whereas Clinton sought out Edwards after the SC debate.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
alr1ghtstart said:
GRAVEL! 27 votes

mikegravelhomeboy.gif

Stupid media ignoring Gravel! They are pretending like he wasn't even on the ballot :(

Look at Bill! "Looking foward to a big victory in Florida in a couple of days!"

Shameless. The strategy is pretty clear. Try to blunt the hype of Obama by claiming a huge (read: useless) victory in Florida. The media better do their jobs.

Atrus

Gold Member
It becomes increasingly important for Obama and his supporters to get the word out for Super-Tuesday. There's only 10 days to Super-Tuesday yet there's 24 states left and frankly, the 'Obama is a Muslim' and other memes might have a lot more sway than Obama's actions.

He's turned around huge percentage leads in his favor when he's personally worked for them, but the fact that both Clintons have brand recognition and have been able to tag-team in the remaining states makes what remains difficult. Plus as Kittonwy says, the Clinton campaign will probably get even more aggressive not less.

Give me my entertainment people! Unlike Kittonwy I don't much enjoy the chaos of mudslinging, I much prefer people struggling to overcome adversity, which in this case is the Clinton political machine.

Zeed

Banned
Wewt wewt, Obama owning by a huge margin. This is good, he can't grab that kind of majority off of blacks alone. There's hope yet!

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
BenjaminBirdie said:
That would be pretty amazing to watch Edwards hang in there and keep eating away at Hill's votes WIN.

Soak the rich! American social democracy! C'mon!

Amir0x

Banned
Incognito said:

Shameless. The strategy is pretty clear. Try to blunt the hype of Obama by claiming a huge (read: useless) victory in Florida. The media better do their jobs.

They're cunning little fucking foxes.

npm0925 said:
Obama rejected Edwards's offer of an allegiance down the road, whereas Clinton sought out Edwards after the SC debate.

Hopefully, Obama made nice and got that deal going. Edwards/Obama alliance is necessary...

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I fucking hate the Clinton campaign tactics.

They always have kids behind the podium to make it look like the younger generation is going hard for Clinton.

Edit: Clinton says SC doesn't matter. Love it

Chichikov

Bill so much of a better speaker than Hillary it's not even funny.
Not sure if it's a smart tactic, but the difference is just jarring.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
npm0925 said:

proof? Because you don't have any. Every rumor in politics points to an Obama-edwards agreement if anything

thekad

Banned
Incognito said:
That's what Fineman of MSNBC said.

Sigh. It must be really hard for Stoney and co. to keep defending Hillary; I have to give them props.

edit: I should clarify that I don't really see much wrong with forming alliances with people you legitimately agree with, but Obama looks like such a saint in this case. You just can't hate on him :lol

Zeed said:
Wewt wewt, Obama owning by a huge margin. This is good, he can't grab that kind of majority off of blacks alone. There's hope yet!
um....i could be wrong, but SC is hugely black. :/

EDIT: oh and no one was surprise obama won. I don't think the clintons cared as much about SC then you guys make it out to be. She was losing in the polls there for some time now.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
i'm so glad Bill's running for President again.

seriously, is this the proper decorum for an ex-President? where the hell was he to interject himself in the midst of Iraq or the myriad of Bush's failures when it actually mattered.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
jfks daughter endorses obama... come on teddy, we could use more party brass! plus, he reminds me so much of bobby.

thekad said:
Sigh. It must be really hard for Stoney and co. to keep defending Hillary; I have to give them props.

Actually not so hard. ;)

As I've said time and time again, I'm perfectly fine with allowing the process to decide who will win the nomination without demonizing the voters on either side.

Congrats to Obama. I thought South Carolina was a foregone conclusion so it didn't really hold a lot of interest to me for argumentative purposes.

Kittonwy

Banned
Incognito said:

Bill is a great politician, never conceding, completely ignoring Obama's victory, such a smooth talker, when he talks people listen, it's too bad the Democrats don't have anybody else like him, and won't probably, for quite some time.

Piper Az

Hillary said:
“I have called Senator Obama to congratulate him and wish him well.
“Thank you to the people of South Carolina who voted today and welcomed me into their homes over the last year. Your stories will
stay with me well beyond this campaign and I am grateful for the support so many of you gave to me.
“We now turn our attention to the millions of Americans who will make their voices heard in Florida and the twenty-two states as well as American Samoa who will vote on Feb. 5.
“In the days ahead, I’ll work to give voice to those who are working harder than ever to be heard. For those who have lost their job or their home or their health care, I will focus on the solutions needed to move this country forward. That’s what this election is about. It’s about our country, our hopes and dreams. Our families and our future.”

Pathetic.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Obama should have the white and black population locked down. He's mixed, the best of both worlds.

(and SC's dems are 50% black)

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
scorcho said:

seriously, is this the proper decorum for an ex-President? where the hell was he to interject himself in the midst of Iraq or the myriad of Bush's failures when it actually mattered.

Word.

Kittonwy

Banned
scorcho said:

Bill might be a former President but he's not anti-America and anti-Israel, like some one-termer from Georgia.
Indifferent2.gif

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
grandjedi6 said:
You shut your filthy mouth about Carter :p

i actually like carter. he did broker a peace deal and end a 20+ year war between israel and egypt. he is a much better president than he gets credit for.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
oh is that who he meant? i thought he was talking of Mikheil Saakashvili, who was just reelected actually.

thekad

Banned
Looks like the Obama campaign is going to go back to sitting back and letting the Clintons to attack them without reproach according to CNN. Respect.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
topsyturvy said:
the hillary hate around here is crazy. :lol
And deserved

Chichikov

Kittonwy said:
Bill might be a former President but he's not anti-America and anti-Israel, like some one-termer from Georgia.
Indifferent2.gif
What the hell are you talking about?
Is this some meme I'm missing?
Also, can we please not have this stupid smiley in political OT threads?

giga said:

Yeah, but it's the younger age bracket. Obama needs to ratchet up the older brackets and get Edwards' support (when he inevitably throws the towel in after Super Tuesday) to be absolutely sure of a confirmed Hillarape.

thekad said:
Looks like the Obama campaign is going to go back to sitting back and letting the Clintons to attack them without reproach according to CNN. Respect.

The best thing that seems to have happened out of tonight is a clear referendum on the Clinton campaign. As Russie said, 20% of black voters are saying they'd be disappointed if Clinton won the nom. Which is a significant and potentially disastrous number for her in November if she ends up winning the primaries.

grandjedi6 said:
The NH thread was scary, so many women hating comments :/

Whatever do you mean?

aztrex said:
Yeah, but it's the younger age bracket. Obama needs to ratchet up the older brackets and get Edwards' support (when he inevitably throws the towel in after Super Tuesday) to be absolutely sure of a confirmed Hillarape.

Oh. Right.

Jesus Christ.

scorcho said:

double word:

incognito at another forum last Saturday said:
This is guy who wouldn't stick his neck out during the run up to the Iraq War only to claim a few weeks ago that he was a "vocal critic -- opposed from the start."

Not to mention all the other spurious attacks on Obama. The fact that the Clinton campaign has formulated a strategy which seeks to marginalize Obama as simply the "black candidate" says all I need to know about Hillary and how she views her claim to the White House.

This is a former president, a head of state, attacking one of the Democratic Party's rising stars.

Where was he during the last 7 years of the Bush Administration? Not a peep, usually out of some time honored respect.

I've lost a lot of respect for Bill Clinton during the last month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom