• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S2 |OT| The Thirst Is Real - Sundays 10/9c

Kinda of a boring episode.

I feel like they're dragging alot of things just to fill in the season. I think, I'm not too sure lol. I just want more of Quinlan and his past adventures.

What was happening towards the end with Eph and Nora? Why were they both crying? I understand that they had a plotline concerning those two, trying to spread the vaccine, and to get Zack to his grandparents. Was it due to them not having so much time to themselves lately?

Not a bad episode, but it did drag.

The hairpiece made a welcome return. I needed a good laugh.

And holy shit at Angel. No fucks given. Goddamn.

MOTHERFUCKING QUINLAN!!!!

inky

So why had they not bring the vaccine stuff to the council lady? Is it because they were waiting for the plot to catch up and Eldritch to get involved with her?

I wonder what the Master thinks about that tentacle scene, or if he is going to sit the Nazi down later and just ask him WTF?

Most of this season has just been straight boring.

Season's been great, IMO.

The Master is evil incarnate - he doesn't give a shit what Eichorst is up to so long as he's doing his job. If he's upset about anything it'd be letting one of the group's inner circle escape because he (Eichorst) felt like playing with her first.

Koriandrr

WAS THAT QUINLAN OR DID MY EYES DECEIVE ME

I almost forgot what he looked like. THEN I REMEMBERED. I am happy.
tumblr_nvdbckgYj71rxpe8to1_1280.png

Also, not to spit on Quinlan's awesomeness, but I feel like Vaun's face makeup was done better.... :( I'M SORRY RANDOM SPECIAL EFFECTS ARTIST I JUST OFFENDED.

But he's still badass as fuck.

They are building towards the finale now. I can feel the action coming. I can smell it in the build up.

IronRinn

Vampires should really watch Fear the Walking Dead and get some lessons on efficiency in world ending. Shit should have been done and dusted by now, even with the shorter business hours that vampires keep.

It probably wouldn't seem like it was taking so long if the show did a better job of making it seem like the world was actually ending. There just seems to be a lack of urgency that detracts from the smattering of images of looting and burning skyscrapers.

megamerican

It probably wouldn't seem like it was taking so long if the show did a better job of making it seem like the world was actually ending. There just seems to be a lack of urgency that detracts from the smattering of images of looting and burning skyscrapers.

Yeah the show has some piss poor world building. A world where they keep an all blind elementary school open but abandon a prison full of inmates. Criminals take over an entire island while there is still a functioning police force and a city council.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
These characters have accomplished absolutely nothing in the last 8 or 9 episodes.

Setrakian kept pursuing the book but his actions meant nothing. It's still ended up in the hands of one of the first people who spoke to about it.

Eph hasn't done shit since developing the bioweapon in one of the first episodes of the season. Otherwise he's had failed experiments at being an adulterous Washington insider and sniper.

Fet blew up a subway entrance. I think that's it. And he maybe damaged a building that set Palmer and the Master back a few days.

Gus got laid once. He also freed some super trustworthy felons and gave them weapons.

If it weren't for mostly background action done by Feraldo taking back parts of the city, the situation would be virtually exactly the same as 9 episodes ago.

... so like, Coco's up and about and pretty cool with everything? She better fucking pay off next week.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I said this earlier but this is the most blatant example of stretching shit out I remember seeing in a tv show. This is borderline anime filler territory. It's ridiculous :/

I still dig it before you scream "stop watching blargh" but damn son

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Most of this season has been poorly paced filler with thin-at-best characterization. There have been far too few action scenes, and the ones we've gotten have been subpar and have failed to make up for everything else that's happened (or, more appropriately, not happened) this year.

Alpende

Only a couple of Zach scenes and I still wanted to punch him in the face.

Quinlan is still a baller and I don't get why we needed the Nora/Eph backstory at all. I was perfectly fine with not knowing how they got together. It wasn't even that interesting, waste of space.

Koriandrr

Quinlan is still a baller and I don't get why we needed the Nora/Eph backstory at all. I was perfectly fine with not knowing how they got together. It wasn't even that interesting, waste of space.

I thought the same thing.

Also, Coco is obviously trying to get Palmer killed by the master. I mean, she can't be THAT ignorant and oblivious to his power and play politics with an ancient all-powerful monster.

phaonaut

Whats in the lumen thats so important? An unknown way to kill them? how to kill an ancient? I hope its worthwhile, there has been a lot of work for this book.

Alpende

Whats in the lumen thats so important? An unknown way to kill them? how to kill an ancient? I hope its worthwhile, there has been a lot of work for this book.

I thought it was supposed to tell how to kill The Master. That's why The Master wants the book, so he can't be killed.

IronRinn

I said this earlier but this is the most blatant example of stretching shit out I remember seeing in a tv show. This is borderline anime filler territory. It's ridiculous :/

I still dig it before you scream "stop watching blargh" but damn son

I can assure you, this will never be said in this thread in earnest. I think everyone here has a bone or twelve to pick with the show, regardless of how much they enjoy it.

Amagon

I think I'm done with this show after this season. Piss poor world building along with the shit storyline pacing. The books weren't that great (except the first one) but man, whoever said the show displaces no urgency in the world due to vampire outbreak is right on the money. It seems like more than a few weeks in the show timeline of how the story has develop but in the book, it was days. Very frustrating imo that The Strain could of been so much more.

I'm close to quitting but I'll take the baby step of waiting for the entire next season to air in full and watching it in succession rather than week by week.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm still not sure anyone even knows exactly what the Lumen is supposed to reveal. Everyone just assumes it contains secrets to kill the Master. I would hope the books made this clearer, because at this point I can't even recall what, if any, explanation of the Lumen's origins may have been given earlier.

It's also just kinda silly, since they know how to kill the Master. You stun him with sunlight and then chop his head off instead of standing around delivering a monologue. You don't need to overcomplicate this, just stop being stupid and complacent.

Koriandrr

I think I'm done with this show after this season. Piss poor world building along with the shit storyline pacing. The books weren't that great (except the first one) but man, whoever said the show displaces no urgency in the world due to vampire outbreak is right on the money. It seems like more than a few weeks in the show timeline of how the story has develop but in the book, it was days. Very frustrating imo that The Strain could of been so much more.

You know, I've seen a lot of people say that about the books, but I personally didn't like the first one nearly as much as the second and third. I LOVE the direction it goes to after the first book - everything becomes so much more exciting. I'm hoping that the end of this season and the next season will show more of that, because so far it's a lot more in the first book style.

Koriandrr

I think Coco will walk out a winner. She'll get Palmer killed and probably be the new mommy strugoi.

I'm extremely hyped for the finale.

Please Quinlan.

WARNING to anyone who thinks it's a good idea to look up the Strain on Tumblr: You probably shouldn't. I just wanted to see some nice gifs and stuff, but as usual tumblr leaves me wishing I could unsee things.

I'm putting some internet dollars on Coco becoming the Master's new squeeze or we'll find out that she's been working for Quinlan all along...

Palmer feels like he's on the edge of becoming a face and the Coco twist would likely do it...not sure he'll die, but it's possible. We're due a main cast death.

Top Bottom