• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S2 |OT| The Thirst Is Real - Sundays 10/9c

Dennis

Banned
Start of episode: Oh yeah, time for Coco's heel turn

End of episode: Coco didn't do shit

Coco is the most useless character since Zack. In fact, Coco should adopt Zack. She can be the heartless mother he always deserved.

RS4-

Finally caught the last two eps, that shit was hilarious and bad.

Speculation about relationships
Fett and what's his face fight over Dutch

inky

People didn't see that Nora shit coming? ;P There would be no point to her relationship with Eph otherwise. First rule of cheap drama: build a relationship, give the character something, then immediately take it away. This show is predictable that way, and it doesn't even bother with setting up stuff much early either.

I loved how Coco amounted to nothing as well. Again, the setup was so obvious I didn't think they'd stoop that low with both love interest characters but they fucking did. Oh wait, love is the wrong word, I meant the opposite. Fucking hell, lol. Even zombie mom had to be dead first to accomplish anything of note, and what she accomplishes is a big fuck you to the audience. Fuck Zack too, as if it needed to be said.

The auction and bus action scenes were good at least. I still love that old dumb fuck Setrakian for some reason. Oh well.

See you next season you dumb fucking show.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh fucking Zach. What an annoying, moronic, totally useless and unlikable character. Without a doubt my most hated character on TV right now. Only way to save this shit is to go ahead and turn him 100% pure evil next season.

kurahador

-Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk you Zach!!!!!!!!!!! Useless piece of shit!!!
-After all those tease about the Lumen, and they end the season with Setrakian finally gets the book without explaining jack shit....urghhh....
-Not a book reader, so I'm guessing Dutch will replace Nora's role from the book?? Because if it is, lol.

This season has been mostly frustrating to watch except for the assassination episode and this finale. They really need to cut down on these fillers.

Also, biggest mystery of the show ----- What the hell happen to the new opening???? Such an elaborate effort and they only use it for 1 episode????

ZAAAAAAACH! Fucking die already, you piece of shit.

You cunt. You caused the death of a more interesting characters. FUCK YOU!!!! So disappointing that Nora is dead, so so disappointed. Although I do have to wonder why she didn't just stay on the train....

LOL Coco. LOL.

Quinlan. Sigh When are we going to see him really go all out and wreck some shit?

One question:
Do the Ancients have anymore money? Or was that just one of their bank accounts?

They're playing the long game. They allocated just as much funds as they thought were needed, though I'm surprised they fell short. They still have mountains of treasure needed to guide the rest of the world in myriad secret ways.

someday

Banned
Why didn't they kill Eichorst while they were on the island with the gang dudes? Setrakian should have been goading them into shooting him when they had all those guns pointed at his head.

I'm glad Coco is dead. I never believed there was a bigger reason for her to hook up with Palmer. Was wtf at him cutting out her heart.

Poor Nora. She actually ended up one of the more reasonable characters and she's dead and we still have fucking Eph to deal with. Of course once he left to get some booze I knew what was coming. He is a terrible father and Nora died playing mommy to his brat. I am glad Zach is with his mom and the Master though. Best thing to happen all season honestly.

Not a great finale. I already knew Nora was a goner once Mia Maestro got a gig on another show.
I hope it was the actress' decision to leave, and not the writers thinking this was a great storytelling move. I guess I should have smelled it with the recent flashback episode though, since suddenly filling out a character's backstory that way just before their death is a common cheap writers trick in lesser TV shows.

I'm bummed out now, because for all its faults I kinda liked the show. But with all the narrow escapes, her dying this way just seemed dumb and pointless.

Koriandrr

The tv show is really doing things differently from the book in some ways.

In every way. I'd even go as far as say the show is INSPIRED by the books, by no means show ABOUT the books.

Yeah
Nora survives till the end in the books.

Plus I wonder if the series if it lasts after season 3 will have the budget for what Book 3 does or will change it around.

Plus for the show it seems the national guard has pulled out.

I heard it's meant to be 5 seasons? If they cancel it I'll protest. Somewhere. Somehow. Alone. Unless you guys join me. ARE YOU WITH ME?!
tumblr_nvqdekEPfr1u0ly2no3_1280.jpg

Start of episode: Oh yeah, time for Coco's heel turn

End of episode: Coco didn't do shit

Coco is the most useless character since Zack. In fact, Coco should adopt Zack. She can be the heartless mother he always deserved.

This is the one thing that pisses me off the most, even more than Zack - Coco.
What the fuck was the damn point in bringing Coco in?! She was just there to die and the character development for Palmer. She was absolutely pointless, meaningless, not to mention plain stupid to see how things are. This didn't even feel like an actual love story, this was an old man who's never even seen love before having his ego tickled by a hot french girl 20 years younger than him. There was nothing romantic about it, which I feel like was 'the point'. Fuck Coco and her existence. I am disappointed.

Best ending - I'LL JUST STAY IN THE BACKGROUND AND LOOK COOL

someday

Banned
This is the one thing that pisses me off the most, even more than Zack - Coco.
What the fuck was the damn point in bringing Coco in?! She was just there to die and the character development for Palmer. She was absolutely pointless, meaningless, not to mention plain stupid to see how things are. This didn't even feel like an actual love story, this was an old man who's never even seen love before having his ego tickled by a hot french girl 20 years younger than him. There was nothing romantic about it, which I feel like was 'the point'. Fuck Coco and her existence. I am disappointed.
20? More like 40 years younger.

jelly

Is the book just about killing the master or does it kill ancients as well, they are one and the same right.

Is the gist, Master wants domination and human slaughter factories while the ancients just want a nibble now and then in secret?

Zack, ffs.

Koriandrr

Is the book just about killing the master or does it kill ancients as well, they are one and the same right.

Is the gist, Master wants domination and human slaughter factories while the ancients just want a nibble now and then in secret?

Zack, ffs.

It's a little bit more complicated than that. But the Master is the main target.
Do you REALLY want to be book spoiled?

It is kind of explained in the contents of the Lumen, so we'll get there eventually. But the Ancients have had a lot more influence over humanity than it's led to believe. They've just been doing it from the shadows, slowly. The master has more .... direct approach to it.

Matt

It's a little bit more complicated than that. But the Master is the main target.
Do you REALLY want to be book spoiled?

It is kind of explained in the contents of the Lumen, so we'll get there eventually. But the Ancients have had a lot more influence over humanity than it's led to believe. They've just been doing it from the shadows, slowly. The master has more .... direct approach to it.

Yeah, I kinda liked that about the books. The Ancients were monsters just the Master, but they just preferred not to be dicks about it.

IronRinn

Watching this now. Opening scene was appropriately creepy. Loved that long shot.

Edit: Nice, a little Fet/A-Team vehicle montage.

Faenix1

After this episode I'm tempted to get the books instead.

Next season they better not try and redeem Zack, cause that's never gonna fly with me. Little shit is an idiot. Thought we were over with this crap.,

I just liked how all those hardcore gangbangers just turn around on their morals and try to save humanity lol. Like, come on.... I don't think they care at all about anybody else but themselves and their gang colors.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck sake, that little shit has gone too far now.

IronRinn

New Zack really is a child-sized stack of shit. Holy fucking hell.

Edit: Also, Nora biting it seems like a pretty major departure from the novels.

IronRinn

Nora never learned the most important lesson: ignore Zach.

Oh good, Coco amounted to zilch. Palmer gets to have sentimental talks with a heart in a jar next year.

For $323 million, you can't let Fet and Setrakian spend the night instead of immediately going out into the night?

At least Vincenzo Natali injected some visual style into the show.

Pretty much this. Some great visuals in this episode, for sure.

New Zack is the worst person ever. The Strain's true monster.

Oh well, another Setrakian monologue and another season done. Seemed kind of anemic in terms of plot momentum, but hopefully that will pick up next season.

Dsyndrome

Fuck you Zack, fuck right off to hell. Worst character on TV. Why's it always kids that are horrible?

Also, what did Eldritch think the Master was gonna do? Dumbass.

Zack is seriously the worst character on TV ever. And it's not even like hating on Joffrey from Game of Thrones where he's just constantly being a little shit within character, Zack is written in the most erratic way combined with how hateable his actor looks.

What an awful character. Sucks about
Nora
too since she was one of the more tolerable female characters on the show.

Kind of tempted to read the books now since apparently this was a pretty big deviation.

Wow, did not see Nora death's. Funny I was just telling my wife about who dies in the books and lives when this happens. Wonder what other changes the show will have.

Redd

Zack.........ZACKKKKKKKKKK ffs I hate you more and more after every episode. You distracted Nora. Bring back old Zack.

mm04

Zach you little piece of crap. Not only does he choose his vampire mom over Nora, he essentially kills Nora and doesn't even care. She took care of his dumb ass and that's her payment.

Eldritch is gonna turn his attention to the acting mayor. He needs love

I think this sets up Palmer for a face turn. Or at least he'll work to fuck up the master's plans from the shadows.

Can't see him taking that shit lying down. He hasn't been shown to be thr type of character who just rolls over.

Koriandrr

Zack is seriously the worst character on TV ever. And it's not even like hating on Joffrey from Game of Thrones where he's just constantly being a little shit within character, Zack is written in the most erratic way combined with how hateable his actor looks.

What an awful character. Sucks about
Nora
too since she was one of the more tolerable female characters on the show.

Kind of tempted to read the books now since apparently this was a pretty big deviation.

Trust me, Zach is no better in the books. I hated him just as much while reading, if not more. :D

Top Bottom