• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Official Thread

alisdair

Probably got a better offer elsewhere. Backbone has always been a kind of shitty company, and Sirlin's rebalancing work on Puzzle Fighter and Super Turbo must have gotten him noticed. Congrats if so.

Anyway, Super Turbo is totally bought, even if it is 1600pts. I'm having a custom wireless arcade stick made up for this. Just hope it sells well enough to get good online numbers.

tzare

xero273 said:
Wipeout HD is $20. They are both the same price
yup, i'm a retarded pal PS3 user so i payed 18€ for wipeout and as far as i can remember, bionic commando was the same in euros an dollars so i expect it to be 20€ two weeks later in europe XD

kuYuri

Was hoping for $10-$15, but I expected it to be about $20. Still, will buy and I bought a $20 PSN card anticipating this game.

AlStrong

Kintaro said:
Huh...it never strikes me as good news when the face of your game quits when the game is ready to release.

itagakilovesthatbooze.jpg

Xisiqomelir said:
My first act after DL will be to toggle all nonsense to "Off".

Bunch of peeps getting the PS3 version it seems, looking forward to our GAF matches! :D

Seriously, they need to add this option in. Dhalsim's Noggie reach is like 1/3 of his game. They also made Ken's roundhouse hurricane kick do less dizzy? :lol Thats like unacceptable.

GI_Josh87

Neo Member
So, my frothing demand for this game has been quite high.....however, 20 bucks really stings of cheap cash-in-ness due to all the Street Fighter hype building up to 4. 15 would have felt much more reasonable. Yes, I know its "only 5 dollars" but dammit, I never want to pay more than I feel something is "worth".

MoxManiac

domokunrox said:
Seriously, they need to add this option in. Dhalsim's Noggie reach is like 1/3 of his game. They also made Ken's roundhouse hurricane kick do less dizzy? :lol Thats like unacceptable.

The game lets you play as old ST untouched by any of the changes.

Xisiqomelir

MoxManiac said:
Oh man, David Sirlin quit backbone. I wonder what went down?

http://www.sirlin.net

Wow at dramabombs :lol

This would usually be a time for biting criticism, but I'll try taking the high road for a change. Let's see what new flowers bloom, and what new articles will show up here.

If you'd like my help with design or balance and you have a lot of money and you don't make me use an alarm clock, I might be available, but I'm honestly pretty busy. Contact me and see though!

I'll leave you with this wikipedia description of Backbone. No I didn't write it, but it's interesting that I'm the only person prominent enough in the entire company to be mentioned:

Oh shit $15 all in my face.

*does a 180*

Whoo boy I'm totally in spectator mode. Sit back and bullshit while people play Street Fighter..good times.

But wait, there’s more! Exclusive to the PlayStation Network, fans will have the opportunity to download the Street Fighter Underground Remix Soundtrack for free! I was able to get a few of my favorite hip hop artists to create original songs inspired by the series. Here’s the line up: Redman, Hieroglyphics, DJ Qbert, DJ Toure, Zion I, Mistah F.A.B. and Oh No.

Oh yeah, we also have a “little” Street Fighter surprise coming later this holiday season. Let the speculation begin. Talk to you next week!

:eek: and :O

MVSC3 lol, SF3 remake?

Also, the 2nd video on the blog got me so pumped up and hyped, watch it lol.

kuYuri

Rapping Granny said:

MVSC3 lol, SF3 remake?

The surprise is probably Alpha 3 on PSN, like how Alpha 1 on PSN was a surprise around the time BCR came out. :lol

Anyone got a youtube link to the first video on the blog, I can't watch it for reason.

Edit: nm, found it, THE BEST!!! AROUND!!!! NOTHING GONNA KEEP YOU DOWN!!

Rapping Granny said:

MVSC3 lol, SF3 remake?

The "little" hint should've given it away. It's going to be LBP Street Fighter costumes.

Raw64life

I'm on the fence with $15. Glad to hear it's not $20 though. That would be an instant pass for me.

rhino4evr said:
LOL, its amazing what $5 will make some of you do.

It's not that I'm refusing to pay an extra $5 for this particular game so much as I want the standard price for games like this and Bionic Commando to be $10. Bionic Commando was $10, a great deal, and it sold great. Now SFHD is coming out at $15. If this sells great, the next Capcom HD remake might be $20 or even higher, and it could get to the point where not only are we not getting a good deal anymore, but we're just plain being ripped off.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
$15 will work. I'm still cautious though. Sirlin bolting like that and his blog comments have me scratching his head. Doesn't sound like someone who was too happy.

rhino4evr said:
LOL, its amazing what $5 will make some of you do.

You're not serious are you? 1200 points leaves 800 points for another game. 1600 points does not. 2 games for one points card is a much better deal and reason to cheer.

DrPirate

Banned
Will get for PS3

I'll be playing online, but I expect to get CRUSHED. I suck at fighters.

If there's anyone else that's a novice, or just wants free wins, I'll play you.

Top Bottom