• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Trump victory tour starts Thursday in Cincinatti Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Let's start with "Do what Bernie did". Except there's a faction of Democrats who think Bernie is the devil so I know better than to think it will ever happen. Just look at how Bernie is still treated by HillGAF here.

You have to start opening with "Yeah but Bernie tho"

People were trying to fish out what the monkey on your back was, and you took several posts to get to whats really eating you.

Its just Bernie again and complaints about HillGAF being a big meanie to him.

Popularity of a politician is not caused by outside forces.

This quote right here is fucking AMAZING. The naivete. Jesus Christ.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
No he isn't. He is awful at speeches that makes me wanna fucking slap him with a giant English dictionary and grammar book so he will stop saying his insanely annoying sentences that drives me slowly mad. Try reading the transcript of any of his speeches. Any speech. Whatever speech he does.

It's like listening to a 7 year old with a speech impediment. There are repeats all of the goddamn place. There are shit that doesn't make sense. He has a tendency to get off topic often when he is supposed to devote maybe a minute to something, which he then stretches out to 10 because he wanna fucking rant about everything.
I mean, I agree that Trump's an insufferable speaker, but... Is this post supposed to be satire? Your own house of grammar is in bloody shambles.

Boylamite

And that those jobs still won't come back anyway.

Just like the situation here in Canada, most of the new jobs being created are low paying service jobs. We may be able to stop jobs from leaving for a while, but in the bigger picture, there is simply not enough work going around and we're able to afford less, year over year.

I know. Tinfoil hat right? But think about it. You own factories in US and in Bangladesh. You see your margins in both regions and you think - why am I paying these guys so much? This is the driving force behind so many Republican policies. The goal isn't to raise third world workers up, it's to flatten the first world labor force to the same level.

I think I read this here, but this quote stuck out to me - it speaks volumes about our society that robots taking all the jobs is a problem.

Trump definitely has unique political talent. Like I've said before his skillset will probably make him a better politician vs. a businessman in the end. His ability to manipulate people and frame the conversation with rhetoric is impressive. His excellent salesman skills are what separates him from the mediocre politician.

Does Trump actually do that though? Or do his surrogates and supporters?

The phrase I heard most this election season, besides MAGA, was "What I think Mr. Trump actually means is..."

I doubt his conversational prowess exceeds that of his questionable debate performance.

Boylamite

I think "shhhh now. Everything is going to be fine. I'll make everything like it was before" was a pretty powerful message. How do you counter that without being a downer?

Ryzaki009

I think "shhhh now. Everything is going to be fine. I'll make everything like it was before" was a pretty powerful message. How do you counter that without being a downer?

you can't. People pretend they want someone to tell them the truth and tell it like it is but they're just spewing lies since they flock to the same charlatans over and over again.

spock

Regarding Trumps Communication/marketing skills, he does have skill but its not as a "wordsmith". The guy knows how to work a room, project confidence and talk to his target audiences well. If he wanted to appeal to a different base instead of going for a certain segment of the masses (primarily) he would probobly talk differently in various ways. He also understands non verbals, energy, etc. probobly on an unconscious level simply due to experience hes built overtime. What he does while not elegant isnt easy.

Lmo911

Yea those excellent salesman skills he used with Carrier 🌚

He's not selling to Carrier, he's selling to the people. The people he's catering to don't care about numbers, they want to feel better. That's why all those shady preachers, book salesman and amway people are clinging to Trump. They all sell a feeling, but don't have to have an actual result.

He's going to make off like a crook and everyone will cheer him because he told that Carrier to keep their jobs here!

Future

No he isn't. He is awful at speeches that makes me wanna fucking slap him with a giant English dictionary and grammar book so he will stop saying his insanely annoying sentences that drives me slowly mad. Try reading the transcript of any of his speeches. Any speech. Whatever speech he does.

It's like listening to a 7 year old with a speech impediment. There are repeats all of the goddamn place. There are shit that doesn't make sense. He has a tendency to get off topic often when he is supposed to devote maybe a minute to something, which he then stretches out to 10 because he wanna fucking rant about everything.

Everyone tries to hate on his simple language and repetitiveness, but that helps him get points across and make what he says stick

People also try to hate his tangents, but that's often adlibbing on points that seem to be resonating with the audience. It allows him to connect to the audience more, and make his speeches more dynamic for whoever is engaged (not watching a 5 minute YouTube clip of it). It also makes him feel he is saying what he really thinks as opposed to simply reciting a typical political speech written for him

When are people going to stop trying to say he's shit at this, when literally it was his skills at this that got him into office. It was not his experience, or temperament, or political aptitude, or that he was rich (like Romney was). It was his talk

Be a downer. Make noise. Don't let this scummy turd-brain become the normal. Keep fighting for stuff you believe in, no matter how much they call for "unity".

Boylamite

Be a downer. Make noise. Don't let this scummy turd-brain become the normal. Keep fighting for stuff you believe in, no matter how much they call for "unity".
Oh for sure. I won't. But a good portion of the electorate does not want to face reality, to admit there's a huge problem.

It's hard to blame them, because there's a very sofisticated disinformation system in place to convince the average person to vote against their best interests.

The rest of the 1st world cannot comprehend how universal health care and mandatory vacation/maternity/paternity time is a contentious issue in the US. It blows my mind that anyone would vote against this kind of stuff.

When are people going to stop trying to say he's shit at this, when literally it was his skills at this that got him into office. It was not his experience, or temperament, or political aptitude, or that he was rich (like Romney was). It was his talk

It's more like people don't want to accept that. Trump being stupid and winning by chance / luck / foul play is a better outlook than being outsmarted by him.

If you think that what he does isn't one type of good speaking, then you should get on a podium in front of an arena full of people without prepared comments and just wing it for an hour. Let's see how you do compared to him.

Spoiler:
You'll do much worse than he does.

Yeah bro I have a master's degree and competed in extemporaneous speaking in school. I think I can pull off the drivel that Donald the demogogue is passing off as "good speaking".

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-hello-you-people-know-lot-about-trucks-363077

Shouldn't we as grown ass adults expect more out of our leaders let alone he president of the goddamn United States ?

Kaiterra

Banned
Just like the situation here in Canada, most of the new jobs being created are low paying service jobs. We may be able to stop jobs from leaving for a while, but in the bigger picture, there is simply not enough work going around and we're able to afford less, year over year.

I know. Tinfoil hat right? But think about it. You own factories in US and in Bangladesh. You see your margins in both regions and you think - why am I paying these guys so much? This is the driving force behind so many Republican policies. The goal isn't to raise third world workers up, it's to flatten the first world labor force to the same level.

I think I read this here, but this quote stuck out to me - it speaks volumes about our society that robots taking all the jobs is a problem.

We have a really warped view where work is considered virtuous just for the sake of... doing work. And then on top of that only certain types of work are considered virtuous for reasons. It's super fucked up.

Yeah bro I have a master's degree and competed in extemporaneous speaking in school. I think I can pull off the drivel that Donald the demogogue is passing off as "good speaking".

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-hello-you-people-know-lot-about-trucks-363077

Shouldn't we as grown ass adults expect more out of our leaders let alone he president of the goddamn United States ?

The comments on that article are amazing. Dozens of douchenozzles defending Trump as being a "genius who went to the Wharton School of Finance" and in the same sentence spewing about how he is NOT an elite. This fucking world man.

Incarmine

Banned
The comments on that article are amazing. Dozens of douchenozzles defending Trump as being a "genius who went to the Wharton School of Finance" and in the same sentence spewing about how he is NOT an elite. This fucking world man.

People don't care what he's actually done. They are projecting their idealistic vision of the ideal leader and businessman onto Trump, and Trump being the vacuously empty human being he is, makes the perfect vessel for their fantasies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom