• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Brags About Election Victory to Boy Scouts, Bashes Obama, Talks Yacht Sex Story

Did you forget about Bush? Millions of people have had their lives ended or destroyed over the Iraq invasion. Trump is horrible, but he hasn't done that much damage, yet.

Hence the "probably". Bush only got there because of 9/11 and because he was weak. Trump has so far only been a corrupt racist egotistical bullshitter; time will tell how he reacts to a real crisis.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph.../2016/10/29/b3c03106-9ac7-11e6-a0ed-ab0774c1e
New findings, for instance, show that the Trump Foundation’s largest-ever gift — $264,631 — was used to renovate a fountain outside the windows of Trump’s Plaza Hotel.

Its smallest-ever gift, for $7, was paid to the Boy Scouts in 1989, at a time when it cost $7 to register a new Scout. Trump’s oldest son was 11 at the time. Trump did not respond to a question about whether the money was paid to register him.

Trump gave Boy Scouts $7 from his own charity. Possibly to register his own son lol.

Snaku

Banned
Man, if I'm George W. Bush, I'm feeling pretty good about how history will view me among my contemporaries.

Wow, what an inspiring, coherent, meaningful story to tell a bunch of boy scouts.

l30lLiC.png

KVJN24F.png

The story is like 10 paragraphs of rambling. Here's a condensed version:

Rich guy sells his company and buys a Yacht. Then he does things on the YAcht in France and gets bored, so he buys his company back. Then Donald Trump meets him and he's sad because he's lost his momentum. Don't be sad, you can lose momentum, but you can get it back.

The end.

noquarter

Damn, doesn't he ever get tired of talking about the election. He has had so many other wins over the last 6 months, tell us everyone about those.

Get em young!
I hate invoking Godwin's Law but you're making it too easy!
Oh and he lied about Obama never visiting the Boy Scouts. There's several pictures of him doing that. There is one year he didn't as a protest of their treatment of homosexuals. Wow, having principles.
Woah, are you saying Trump doesn't have principles? I mean, he decided to not accept an invitation to the NAACP Annual Convention. He is sticking to his principals!

Wow, what an inspiring, coherent, meaningful story to tell a bunch of boy scouts.

l30lLiC.png

KVJN24F.png

Rich guy sells his company and buys a Yacht. Then he does things on the YAcht in France and gets bored, so he buys his company back. Then Donald Trump meets him and he's sad because he's lost his momentum. Don't be sad, you can lose momentum, but you can get it back.

The end.

Tldr
All play and no work makes jack a dull boy

RPGCrazied

How many times since the election has he bragged about his only win in the past 8 months?

Anytime he is at a mic with no teleprompters, even with them he does tend to go off script like today with the boy scouts, they were there, but didn't use them clearly.

I don't get how anyone can compare this guy to literally any other POTUS. The gulf in education and maturity is astounding. It upsets me the more I think about it. That people actually think this guy is doing a good job of, well, anything.

The end.

That gave me a killer headache from reading his rambling. Also:
"Social media users were quick to point out that Levitt had a checkered business past and at one time, a policy of not renting or selling his properties to non-white people."

Was it Trump or his dad that didn't want to rent out apartments to African Americans?

That gave me a killer headache from reading his rambling. Also:
"Social media users were quick to point out that Levitt had a checkered business past and at one time, a policy of not renting or selling his properties to non-white people."

Was it Trump or his dad that didn't want to rent out apartments to African Americans?

Both

CazTGG

Man, if I'm George W. Bush, I'm feeling pretty good about how history will view me among my contemporaries.

Naw, he'll be seen as a war criminal just like Tony Blair is in the UK. Let's not pretend like Bush (either one, if we're being honest) will be looked at positively when historians are currently viewing him as one of America's worst.

jstripes

Banned
As someone who was in Cubs and Scouts, and camped in the woods in a tent in 18" of snow and -20°C weather, Trump is a fucking disgrace to the worldwide organization.

I tried to watch that for longer than 10 seconds when it was airing live and I really couldn't do it. It was giving a seriously creepy Hitler youth feel.

Donald Trump is probably the worst president in living memory and that alone should be impressive enough for him to retire early with his shitty ego intact

He is unquestionably the most unqualified, easily the worst president who ever lived.

I find it hard to believe that someone so unintelligent can rise to be president.

riotous

Banned
Even this weird story seems like projection... "don't lose momentum"... like, have to stop running your companies to take a break for.. 4 or so years?

He really wants to be impeached so he can get back to his "momentum."

Apathy

He is unquestionably the most unqualified, easily the worst president who ever lived.

I find it hard to believe that someone so unintelligent can rise to be president.

When he first got elected we predicted possibly top 10 worst president. When he first got power he went to top 5 worst president material. It has been 6 months in control and now we can already safely say he's going to be the worst president. The history books will not be kind to him.

CazTGG

As someone who was in Cubs and Scouts, and camped in the woods in a tent in 18" of snow and -20°C weather, Drumpf is a fucking disgrace to the worldwide organization.

Beavers, Cubs and Scouts here, albeit in Canada where they are substantially less homophobic. I remembered planting trees and delivering Christmas gifts because that's what being a scout was: Being a positive influence on the community, not attending thinly-veiled propaganda from a political tool.

Trump can shove a yacht up his orange hole.

Vibed

I was in the Scouts for a long time and never quite made it to Eagle. Now my former Scoutmaster is an ardent Trump supporter, and many of those kids will probably grow up to be diehard Republicans. Knowing Trump was at the fucking Jamboree of all things sickens me.

I suddenly feel much more okay with never making Eagle.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
That's what I'm wondering. Boy Scouts leadership is okay with this?
Being in scouting is a very different thing depending on what part of the country you are from. I was in scouting as a kid in the Chicagoland area and it was pretty chill. No one even gave a damn about the handful of gay scouts and leaders back then. But people I know who did scouting is more rural states... Well, it was pretty much what you'd expect. And then of course there was Utah scouting which was more affliated with the Mormon church than actual Boy Scouts.

Since this was held in West Virginia, I'm not at all surprised by the reaction.

UberTag

BSA really needs to say something.
If they don't, upset parents should waste little time pulling their kids from the Boy Scouts and enlisting them in a new extracurricular activity.
They need to face some ramifications for this decision.

Remember when Obama first got elected, and made some address to school kids for the end of the school year and Republicans threw a shit fit?
This must have been what they were expecting.

Top Bottom