• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Trump victory tour starts Thursday in Cincinatti Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

What's the point of doing this?
It is masterful politicking. He campaigned on being the peoples champion. Now he visits the people who voted for him and continues his image of being the Peoples champion. After the Carrier Ac thing its a one two punch of politicking

stolin

Oh shit Trump Direct Exclusive Announcement!

Bigly to U!

CRZeabVUsAAJqOZ.jpg

Kurdel

Banned
It is masterful politicking. He campaigned on being the peoples champion. Now he visits the people who voted for him and continues his image of being the Peoples champion. After the Carrier Ac thing its a one two punch of politicking

Also, just like his conveniently time twitter outbursts, they serve to act as a shield to mask his various flip flops and cronie appointments.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Its true when you bring up the other hypothetical situation. I agree it would be overblown if Obama did this.

I would say however that literally crying on tv during an election because of the results is a question of professionalism though. It's like not even trying to hide the bias.

I'd agree with that, but I can't honestly blame someone for crying. I'd have to watch a clip of it to judge it fully, I suppose. There was another case of a reporter on the verge of crying that felt situationally justifiable (he was pressured to talk about his personal views on the matter).

Its true when you bring up the other hypothetical situation. I agree it would be overblown if Obama did this.

I would say however that literally crying on tv during an election because of the results is a question of professionalism though. It's like not even trying to hide the bias.

I mean, it's pretty distressing to see your country gleefully accept proto-fascism.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
In hindsight I can really see why Trump would want to go for president, even if he's too dumb to understand what it entails and doesn't want to do the work.

If anyone has seen footage of Trump being forced to answer questions before review committees for the government, it's the one time you'll see him un-Trumplike. He's contrite, quiet, afraid to make eye contact. He looks like the adult child he is. When his money and power is stripped away.

And he has to hate that more than anything. In Trump's eyes, the president is being CEO of America. There's nobody above you to answer to.

It is why, as much as the prospect of president Pence is horrible, I'd enjoy seeing the GOP spring a trap and impeach Trump.Though I'm not sure the man could mentally survive the experience.

Why do so many people assume Presidents automatically win re-election?

If the DNC can gather themselves and rebuild with a strong candidate, then they have a chance. Otherwise, if they continue the infighting without a strong economic message, the populist narcissist will win.

Remember, even Bush Jr. won his reelection when everything was in the tank. I have very low expectations from the voters. Especially now that he will have this platform to spread misinformation.

Zaph

He's going to be president in a few weeks and he's still spewing lies about middle east/african immigration.

He is so dangerous.

Kai Dracon

Leftists should be taking fucking notes right now instead of naval gazing.

People have been saying this a lot but oddly enough, I think the DNC sort of started to at the DNC convention. They DID come out with the start of a populist mega-america floor show, and if anyone noticed, the GOP shit themselves for a few days afterward. They saw that the democrats were stealing their gimmick and were really afraid.

The Clinton campaign was still what it was after the convention, sure, but somebody was paying attention to what Trump and the GOP had been doing, I think.

Now if only the democrats will look back and realize what strategy sent a tremor through the right and caused the right to blink.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
"Americans must deny the pessimism and embrace optimism," said the guy who won an election by relentlessly shitting on everything in sight.

Dude Abides

Banned
If the DNC can gather themselves and rebuild with a strong candidate, then they have a chance. Otherwise, if they continue the infighting without a strong economic message, the populist narcissist will win.

Remember, even Bush Jr. won his reelection when everything was in the tank. I have very low expectations from the voters. Especially now that he will have this platform to spread misinformation.

Everything wasn't in the tank in November 2004. Iraq had yet to become a total cluster fuck and the housing bubble was propping up the economy.

kirblar

People have been saying this a lot but oddly enough, I think the DNC sort of started to at the DNC convention. They DID come out with the start of a populist mega-america floor show, and if anyone noticed, the GOP shit themselves for a few days afterward. They saw that the democrats were stealing their gimmick and were really afraid.

The Clinton campaign was still what it was after the convention, sure, but somebody was paying attention to what Trump and the GOP had been doing, I think.

Now if only the democrats will look back and realize what strategy sent a tremor through the right and caused the right to blink.
They stole basically all the center-right language and America hugfest because Trump drove them off a cliff.

We need to keep doing it.

Kai Dracon

If he's still railing against any and all media, why the fuck are they even playing ball?

The American media is trapped by what they have become. It's like they know what they're doing is awful, they themselves are horrified and terrified, but they can't stop. The train is in motion and there's no turnouts ahead on the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom