• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Warhawk Beta Summer of Awesome (PS3)

I played a game, where I couldn't die, and I couldn't kill anyone, pick up any items, use any mounts, I couldn't do anything. Is that normal?!

dfyb

Banned
Phaethon0017 said:
I played a game, where I couldn't die, and I couldn't kill anyone, pick up any items, use any mounts, I couldn't do anything. Is that normal?!
sounds like you got disconnected. usually when that happens, i'll get a disconnect dialog soon.

Synbios459 said:
I just got a PS3 today, is there anyway for me to play?

Apparently there are a couple of ways for you to get in and play even if you didn't get invited into beta. I don't know how to though, I don't even have a PS3 yet :lol

dfyb said:
sounds like you got disconnected. usually when that happens, i'll get a disconnect dialog soon.

I played for 10 mins like this. People were running around, shooting, flying, running away from me, running towards me. It was weird. The match ended, I was still in the lobby. I was scared. I thought I had finally died in the middle of a game, and this was that short time before I realized I had died...well, not that scared, but it was weird.

A couple more questions though.

1. How do you tell who's an enemy and who's on your team? I just see red text over everyone.
2. Headsets: mine works with the PS3, but I can't hear anyone in the games I go to, and I assume they can't hear me. Is there anyway to test this?

PS360

Banned
God dammit I want a 32 player CTF game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even these 8 people ctf games are fun as hell but i want the full carnage.

I really hope we get a backstory/plot when the final version is released....as I stated before....I would feel alot more into the universe if there was some context to it ya know?

SpudBud

AgentOtaku said:
I really hope we get a backstory/plot when the final version is released....as I stated before....I would feel alot more into the universe if there was some context to it ya know?
I agree, it be nice to know about the guys your playing as and why they're fighting.

PS360

Banned
im so glad you can drive the jeeps right off huge cliffs and land them.

I was thinking...the game could do with some boats.

ChryZ

PS360 said:
Getting late? Aw, you PUSSY!

Sincerely,
Haze
:lol

Private ChryZ: "Sir, it was 3AM after all and I was up since 6AM the previous day, almost up for 24h. Sir."

Sergeant Haze: "Fu*king excuses! This is war(hawk)!"

Private ChryZ: "Sir, yes! Sir!" *gulps down a few uppers and climbs into the next warhawk*

goddam team killing ****ers!!!!

There is nothing more annoying than playing TDM or CTF and manning a machine gun and having your won teammate come up behind you and slice you up with the knife....I ****ing hate team killers who have fun killing you when you are trying to play a game. I have seen more team killing ****s in this game in the last week than in any game I can remember.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
i ****ing hate spawn camping bullshit. theres like 8 planes 3 tanks and infantry in our base.

not to mention im the only person on my team worth a damnwith almost as many kills as everyone else on my team combined.

and then i freeze for the 3rd time in 30 minutes, ****ing perfect.

captive

Are ranked stats saved at the end of a round? Cause if so thats annoying cause i have crashed like 5 times now in ranked games, at this rate ill never make airman.

Safe Bet

Banned
The lack of Zone and CTF ranked servers is utterly depressing...

:(

I'm trying to do my part but my 16-player games (the max I can host) can't manage to stay up for very long.

captive

Safe Bet said:
The lack of Zone and CTF ranked servers is utterly depressing...

:(

I'm trying to do my part but my 16-player games (the max I can host) can't manage to stay up for very long.
the lack of ranked servers period is annoying. Im on a ranked zones one right now.
And i jinxed it as the server just crashed.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
captive said:
None Discoslosure Agreement
Oh, come on. Enough of this. The game is getting discussed very freely here and there hasn't been anyone kicked from the beta for it.

More than likely the lack of pics/vids has a lot to do with the fact that people are too busy trying to play. The amount of freezing ATM may also be hampering people's desire to waste time taking pics/vids.

captive

kaching said:
Oh, come on. Enough of this. The game is getting discussed very freely here and there hasn't been anyone kicked from the beta for it.

More than likely the lack of pics/vids has a lot to do with the fact that people are too busy trying to play. The amount of freezing ATM may also be hampering people's desire to waste time taking pics/vids.
He said VIDEOS.

There were videos posted on Youtube, which were subsequently posted on the beta board by tattle tales, since then i havnt seen any videos posted.

Honestly, who the **** could complain about the graphics in this game? Seamlessly going from fighting in the awesome clouds down to street level that is both [mildly] destructible and featuring choice texture work, which is mostly consistent throughout these massive (massive) maps... I don't get it. Is it the art style that some have a problem with?

AltogetherAndrews said:
Honestly, who the **** could complain about the graphics in this game? Seamlessly going from fighting in the awesome clouds down to street level that is both [mildly] destructible and featuring choice texture work, which is mostly consistent throughout these massive (massive) maps... I don't get it. Is it the art style that some have a problem with?
I love hiding in the clouds, albeit, you can't truly hide thanks to radar. Still, nice to tail someone once they passby, and take them down...

I've been arming jeeps with mines lately, the best way to approach tanks. :D

Madman

kaching said:
My bet, they will ban you from being in later betas.

WasabiKing said:
I love hiding in the clouds, albeit, you can't truly hide thanks to radar. Still, nice to tail someone once they passby, and take them down...

I've been arming jeeps with mines lately, the best way to approach tanks. :D

My own "hiding in the clouds" strategy typically morphs into a far less effective "lost in the clouds" strategy sooner rather than later. :/

Forsete

Gold Member
In.. Warhawk rawks my ballz. Like I predicted, MPGotY.

Sirolf said:
I'm dying inside :(
I've the Warhawk beta service but not download at all in the store :/

Did you check under Full Games in the Store?

Game -> Full Games

captive

Ok seriously what the hell is up with connecting to servers, i cant join anything.
Earlier there was a ranked server that was like 17/24 i click join, "sorry couldnt connect"
See the server is actually working 19/24, connect damn you "sorry couldnt connect"
server 21/24 WTF connect, sorry couldnt connect
24/24 **** YOU!!!!
This is annoying.

Wollan

AltogetherAndrews said:
Which is somewhat of a shame, for the simple reason that the game looks phenomenal. Want to talk about scale, and scalability? God damn.

Best looking multiplayer game I've gotten my hands on. So clean, so gigantic, so fast, so smooth. Artistic Blizzard like animation, motion blur..etc. Did I mention gigantic and smooth?

captive

methane47 said:
No offense.. but you kinda suck.... From that video it looked like you had some problems aiming in general...

Are you a person that prefers the X360 control? Or are the controls pretty whack by default?

I would suggest that you stick with the pistol as it looks like you are 10 times more accurate with that then anything else...
Reading comprehension ftl.
He said "the guy playing it sucks"

Wollan said:
Best looking multiplayer game I've gotten my hands on. So clean, so gigantic, so fast, so smooth. Artistic Blizzard like animation, motion blur..etc. Did I mention gigantic and smooth?

I agree...the scale is fantastic and the art design is wonderful! ....now I just wish there was a story associated with all of it :)

....and bring back the Single-player someday please!!!!

...checkout some of the concept art at the Official Site

Oni Jazar

captive said:
Ok seriously what the hell is up with connecting to servers, i cant join anything.
Earlier there was a ranked server that was like 17/24 i click join, "sorry couldnt connect"
See the server is actually working 19/24, connect damn you "sorry couldnt connect"
server 21/24 WTF connect, sorry couldnt connect
24/24 **** YOU!!!!
This is annoying.

I've had that happen. It may mean that you don't meet the ping requirements.

captive

death match should just be taken out of the game. Cheap ****ing bastards just sit at all the spawn points and wait for you to spawn and do nothing else, besides the fact that every single map is designed around TEAMS deathmatch is ****ing pointless.

JB1981

captive said:
death match should just be taken out of the game. Cheap ****ing bastards just sit at all the spawn points and wait for you to spawn and do nothing else, besides the fact that every single map is designed around TEAMS deathmatch is ****ing pointless.
yeah i hate deathmatch. but i always hate deathmatch, regardless of game

Safe Bet

Banned
Well I've put in ~25 hours of playtime in the BETA so far and I can only take so many "WHY THE **** WON'T HE DIE WHEN I DIE TO THE SAME EXACT ****ING THING!!!" moments before my head explodes in complete frustration....

Top Bottom