• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The weekly Translate-it-yourself Famitsu news thread (fun for the whole family!)

duckroll

ぷちえう゛ぁ(DS/バンナム/08年春発売予定)
・第3東京市立ねるふ学園を題材としたミニゲームを多数収録
・基本操作は簡単で、画面内の気になる場所をタッチして丸で囲むだけ
これにより発生するリアクションを利用してお題を達成していく
・開発は芝村裕吏氏が担当

Puchi-Eva DS by Alfa System! School life, lolz, and Alfa System galore!

Zeed

Banned
duckroll said:
AWAYアウェイ(DS/AQインタラクティブ/08年2月28日発売予定)
・坂口博信氏と大島直人氏のタッグ
・2画面構成のダンジョンを探索して、最下層にいる村人を助け出すARPG
・数秒ごとに上画面か下画面のいずれかがシャッフルされて、地形が変わる
シャッフルされるほうの画面には"制限時間"が表示されるので、カウントが
終わるまでにシャッフルしないほうの画面に移動しよう!
・ダンジョンから住人を連れ戻すと、少しずつ村は復興していく
その中で、お店ができて装備を充実できたり、村人どうしのイベントが発生したりする

OMG OMG OMG OMG!
What the heck is this?

Loudninja

Mandoric said:
AWAY (DS/AQInteractive/08-2-28)
* Tag-team effort between Sakaguchi and Ohjima.
* An ARPG stretching over both screens where the objective is to rescue the villagers on the bottom floor.
* Elements shuffle within screens, changing the landscape; you can't enter the shuffling side until a countdown completes.
* As you rescue citizens from the dungeon, the town starts to regrow; shops reopen to sell you equipment, and villager-based events occur.

Wow ,what a rip-off of Dark Cloud

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Zeed said:
What the heck is this?

AWAY for DS. Dungeon crawler where you rescue people. A timer on the top screen counts down. When it hits zero, the dungeon shuffles in real time around you. As you rescue people. the village above ground repopulates.

Loudninja said:

huh? no it's not.

harSon

Banned
Loudninja said:

Somebody hasn't been playing games for very long...

Edit: The idea seems relatively interesting, I hope it's a lot better then Ash. That game was the very definition of mediocre.

Zeed

Banned
thetrin said:
AWAY for DS. Dungeon crawler where you rescue people. A timer on the top screen counts down. When it hits zero, the dungeon shuffles in real time around you. As you rescue people. the village above ground repopulates.
Sounds interesting, but I don't get why people are freaking out over it. Am I missing something here?

duckroll

ぼくらのテレビゲーム検定(DS/バンナム/08年3月20日発売予定)
・連続で出題される課題(ミニゲーム)をクリアーすれば、ゲームの腕前を
段や級で教えてくれるぞ
・おもにナムコの名作をモチーフにしている(もちろんオリジナルもあり)
・多彩なゲームモード(ピコッと!うでだめし、成績、ピコッとアーカイブなど)
・ひとつひとつのミニゲームは、ほとんどが5~10秒でクリアーできる内容となっている
モチーフ作品一覧
ゼビウス、マッピー、ギャラガ、ドルアーガの塔、スターラスター、スカイキッド
ワルキューレの冒険 時の鍵伝説、ファミスタ、メトロクロス、ドラゴンバスター
妖怪道中記、ワギャンランド、アイドルマスター

Wow, Bandai Namco announcing 2 minigame hell games for the DS in one issue! First Eva, now minigame hell featuring tons of Namco brands! Wtf? :p

Mandoric said:
AWAY (DS/AQInteractive/08-2-28)
* Tag-team effort between Sakaguchi and Ohjima.
* An ARPG stretching over both screens where the objective is to rescue the villagers on the bottom floor.
* Elements shuffle within screens, changing the landscape; you can't enter the shuffling side until a countdown completes.
* As you rescue citizens from the dungeon, the town starts to regrow; shops reopen to sell you equipment, and villager-based events occur.
Sounds interesting.

Amir0x

Banned
That AWAY game sounds rad.
Also that mini-game NAMCO BANDAI product sounds awesome, why didn't anyone think about that before?

Mandoric

Banned
Petit Eva (DS/BanNam/spring 08)
* Full of minigames revolving around life in Tokyo-3's Nerv High School.
* Basis of gameplay is touching interesting places on screen; by doing this, events open up.
* Producer is Shibamura Yuuri, only -formerly- of Alfa System.

Loudninja said:
Never heard of it, is it good?

You killed my soul a little bit.

It's a SNES game, and it's the spiritual predecessor to Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma. I like it way more than Dark Cloud, but I'm not sure how much it holds up for today's gamer.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
duckroll said:
AWAYアウェイ(DS/AQインタラクティブ/08年2月28日発売予定)
・坂口博信氏と大島直人氏のタッグ
・2画面構成のダンジョンを探索して、最下層にいる村人を助け出すARPG
・数秒ごとに上画面か下画面のいずれかがシャッフルされて、地形が変わる
シャッフルされるほうの画面には"制限時間"が表示されるので、カウントが
終わるまでにシャッフルしないほうの画面に移動しよう!
・ダンジョンから住人を連れ戻すと、少しずつ村は復興していく
その中で、お店ができて装備を充実できたり、村人どうしのイベントが発生したりする

OMG OMG OMG OMG!

AWAY (DS / AQ Interactive / February 28th 2008 Release)

Hironobu Sakaguchi and Naoto Oshima

- It will be a "dungeon crawl" action RPG that fully utilized both DS screens. Your goal is to save the villagers trapped at the bottom of the dungeon.
- Every few seconds the top or bottom screen will "shuffle" and the terrain will change. A time limit will appear on the screen that was shuffled and it is your goal to move to the other screen (the one that was not shuffled) before the time limit expires.
- Every time you bring a villager back from the dungeon, the village will grow (be restored partially). For example, shops will begin to appear in the village where you can buy gear and events will happen between he villagers.

Amir0x

Banned
Mandoric said:
* Basis of gameplay is touching interesting places on screen; by doing this, events open up.

sounds like another pedo game

Touch her "interesting" place!

Jiggy

Away sounds pretty cool. I don't normally like dungeon crawlers, but if it's an action battle system then it can probably work out. (Not that I have a thing at all against turn-based, of course!)

duckroll

Mandoric said:

Oh yeah, didn't he work on Deltora Quest with the Audio guys too? Uh oh.

Mandoric said:

I hope I can ask Rei out!

Loudninja

Vyse The Legend said:

It's a SNES game, and it's the spiritual predecessor to Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma. I like it way more than Dark Cloud, but I'm not sure how much it holds up for today's gamer.

Never heard of those as well :lol

Vyse The Legend said:

Great game. I really wish they would release Soul Blazer on the VC. :\

duckroll

風来のシレン3(Wii/セガ/08年2月28日発売予定)
・行動を制限する床が登場(杖封じの床、巻物封じの床など)
・道具成長の流れ
1.まずは、ダンジョン内にある特殊な床"竜脈"に、道具をお供えする
竜脈には属性があり、道具がどう成長するかは、この属性で決まる
2.道具をお供えしたら、つぎは"結界の巻物"を使って、竜脈の周囲に結界を張る
3.張った結界は、任意に壊せるほか、内部にモンスターが入り込むことでも壊れる
結界崩壊後に、道具の回収を行おう

More Shiren 3 info. Hope it hits the US! :)

Mandoric

Banned
Our Videogaming Exams (DS/BanNam/08-3-20)
* Graded on your gaming skill by your reactions in a series of minigames.
* Most motifs are based on Namco properties, with some original.
* Several game modes ("Try it Out", "Grading", "Archive")
* Minigames are clearable in about 5-10 seconds.
Motifs:
Xevious, Mappy, Galaga, Tower of Druaga, StarLuster, Sky Kid, Valkyrie, Family Stadium, Metrocross, Dragon Buster, Shadow Land, Wagyan Land, Idolm@ster

Loudninja

Stumpokapow said:
... what snes games have you heard of?

Almost certainly contingent on Shiren DS doing well.

Ummm, .....Earthbound :D

He was born in 1989, so maybe he missed the SNES era? That's what I'm hoping, at least.

Naw,I didn't missed the SNES,I never really got into gaming until the PS1 though

duckroll

Some MHP2G news for our dear PSP friends:

モンスターハンターポータブル2ndG(PSP/カプコン/08年3月13日発売予定)
・ナルガクルガの目撃情報を入手
聴覚が非常に鋭敏、ブレード状の翼、長くて強靭な尻尾、俊敏な動きでかく乱、極めて好戦的
・ファミ通とMHP2ndGのコラボレート企画"最高のガンランスを求めて!"
最高のガンランスを追求すべく、ファミ通専用装備の開発に着手したぞ
・データ引継ぎの詳細
1.ギルドカードに記載された情報は訓練所などを除いてそのまま引き継がれる
2.防具に装着していた装飾品は外され、アイテムボックスに収納される
防具によってはスキルが変更されているものもある
3.クエストのクリアー情報、アイルーキッチンや農場施設の状態、勲章と称号は
全て引き継ぎ可能。なお、アイテムボックスは初期状態でアイテム800個保管できる状態
4.ギャラリーの一部や2ndで配信されたダウンロードクエストは引き継ぐことがない
5.2ndGのデータを引き継いで、新たにゲームを始めることも可能
性別や名前、容姿は新たに設定可能で、レア度が1~3のアイテムは全て引き継ぎできる
レア度が4以上のアイテムと装備品は換金され、その一部を初期所持金として引き継げる

Amir0x

Banned
Mandoric said:
Our Videogaming Exams (DS/BanNam/08-3-20)
* Graded on your gaming skill by your reactions in a series of minigames.
* Most motifs are based on Namco properties, with some original.
* Several game modes ("Try it Out", "Grading", "Archive")
* Minigames are clearable in about 5-10 seconds.
Motifs:
Xevious, Mappy, Galaga, Tower of Druaga, StarLuster, Sky Kid, Valkyrie, Family Stadium, Metrocross, Dragon Buster, Shadow Land, Wagyan Land, Idolm@ster

A non-game made out of real games? GAME TRAINING? :lol

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Amir0x said:
A non-game made out of real games? GAME TRAINING? :lol

There's a 2D shooter "non-game" out for the arcade already. It tests your "gamer age" by giving you a series of different vertical shooter situations. Stuff like, fending off falling asteroids, shooting falling cans into trash cans, killing a boss, surviving bullet hell, navigating through throbbing spheres ala gradius V and so on.

Amir0x

Banned
That actually sounds pretty fun sp0rsk.

I am finding it amusing that developers have apparently run out of ways to capitalize on the training idea without just rehashing math puzzles, so they've come back to inserting actual gameplay. And now instead of calling it "high scores", they're grading your skills. Isn't that what high scores were anyway?

I wonder if one day a developer is going to just make a classic arcade game and put "training" on the end of the title and realize the irony only after the product is out.

ethelred

Away sounds cool. I can't wait to see what it looks like -- having designs by Oshima has had me intrigued from the start. Also, I like the idea of the dungeons shifting around you. I can't offhand think of an RPG where that's been done.

Loudninja: others have already said it, but it bears repeating... you *really* need to play Quintet's stuff before you call anything a rip off of Dark Cloud. :p

That being said, yes, Away does sound like another spiritual descendant of Soul Blader -- but this is not a bad thing! This territory has definitely not been overmined.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
duckroll said:
風来のシレン3(Wii/セガ/08年2月28日発売予定)
・行動を制限する床が登場(杖封じの床、巻物封じの床など)
・道具成長の流れ
1.まずは、ダンジョン内にある特殊な床"竜脈"に、道具をお供えする
竜脈には属性があり、道具がどう成長するかは、この属性で決まる
2.道具をお供えしたら、つぎは"結界の巻物"を使って、竜脈の周囲に結界を張る
3.張った結界は、任意に壊せるほか、内部にモンスターが入り込むことでも壊れる
結界崩壊後に、道具の回収を行おう

More Shiren 3 info. Hope it hits the US! :)

Furai no Shiren 3 (Wii / Sega / February 28th 2008 Release)

- There will be "trap floors" that restrict your actions (ex. floors that restrict your from using staves, and floors that restrict you from using scrolls)

- How item / tool upgrades work
1. First your have to find a special kind of floor called "Ryumyaku" (dragon's pulse), and place an item on it. The Ryumyakus have elemental attributes and how your item changes is based on the Ryumyaku's element.
2. Once you place an item on the Ryumyaku, you have to use a "scroll of barrier" and create a barrier that surrounds the Ryumyaku.
3. You can break the barrier whenever you want, or have a monster walk into which will break it as well. After the barrier breaks, you can pick up your upgraded item.

duckroll

Amir0x said:
That actually sounds pretty fun sp0rsk.

I am finding it amusing that developers have apparently run out of ways to capitalize on the training idea without just rehashing math puzzles, so they've come back to inserting actual gameplay. And now instead of calling it "high scores", they're grading your skills. Isn't that what high scores were anyway?

I wonder if one day a developer is going to just make a classic arcade game and put "training" on the end of the title and realize the irony only after the product is out.

Watching game development evolve can be as fun as playing games!

Mandoric

Banned
Shiren 3 (Wii/Sega/08-2-28)
* Tiles that limit action appear (Staff Seal, Scroll Seal, etc)
* Flow of item synth:
1: Offer the item to a special tile in the dungeon. This tile variety has certain attributes; those attributes will determine the result.
2: After doing this, use a "Sealing Scroll", which seals the special tile off.
3: Destroy the seal, and recover the item.
[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom