• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The weekly Translate-it-yourself Famitsu news thread (fun for the whole family!)

Basch

Mandoric said:
FF4 Review
* Changes are on a massively different scale than the GBA port.
* 3dification makes it seem almost a different game.
* Lower-screen map is very easy to read.
* Upgrades in event direction are great.
* Variety introduced in upgrading characters through Decant Ability is really good
* New episodes added, but the main plot is about the same.
* Auto-Battle makes combat easy
* Change of viewpoint for boss battles increases the effect.
* "Portica"-raising minigames are also on there.

Thanks, Mandoric. Sounds amazing. I still haven't played the FFIII remake, maybe I should get to it. It will save me some of the excrutiating pain waiting for this. I loved the original so much. The story, characters, music... everything was just brilliant. I am looking forward to this dramatic remake. I hope the developers behind this will continue to do both Final Fantasy V and VI. It can only get better from here on out. :D

lupin23rd

Shiren's always been on a Nintendo platform (except that one spinoff on DC I think?) so I think it should do decent at least.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Mefisutoferesu said:
Hmmm... not much new stuff outside of umihara, but I'm willing to bet that it's just a port of the PS1 version of the game.
Um... hello:
AWAY (DS/AQInteractive/08-2-28)
* Tag-team effort between Sakaguchi and Oshima.
* An ARPG stretching over both screens where the objective is to rescue the villagers on the bottom floor.
* Elements shuffle within screens, changing the landscape; you can't enter the shuffling side until a countdown completes.
* As you rescue citizens from the dungeon, the town starts to regrow; shops reopen to sell you equipment, and villager-based events occur.
It's not canceled! That's the biggest news of the week by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.

phez

Banned
Bookey said:
wtf, that naruto game looks really good from that trailer

ive found the best way to play it is to get shitfaced on some substance, turn on epic trailer music, and just go fucking nuts.

its like art

ant1532

Banned
yayayayayyayayayayayyayaayyaaya

FF4 sounds fucking amazing. Picked up 3 from where I left off when I saw the trailer for 4 last week and I'm loving it. Back on track and moving on up!

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Good, I see famitsu saving the 10/10/10/10 GT5:prologue score for next issue.

Nice scores for petapon. What did locoroco get?

Firestorm

jiji said:
It's an awesome 2D platformer where you play as a little girl with a pink backpack who uses a rubbery fishing line (with great physics) to swing from platforms and capture enemies. It's got multiple paths through levels and multiple paths through the game thanks to multiple exits, and it's got a hardcore following with people who record replays and go for speed runs and do crazy stunts. The series has been on SFC and PS1 so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw2yr0cRbGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpaWPO4887w

holy freakin crap it is worms ninja rope :O

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
PistolGrip said:
Good, I see famitsu saving the 10/10/10/10 GT5:prologue score for next issue.

Nice scores for petapon. What did locoroco get?

If they didn't review it this week, they probably aren't reviewing it.

jiji said:
It's an awesome 2D platformer where you play as a little girl with a pink backpack who uses a rubbery fishing line (with great physics) to swing from platforms and capture enemies. It's got multiple paths through levels and multiple paths through the game thanks to multiple exits, and it's got a hardcore following with people who record replays and go for speed runs and do crazy stunts. The series has been on SFC and PS1 so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw2yr0cRbGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpaWPO4887w

I have it imported for PS1 and actually played it again on the PSP not to long ago.

I never played the SNES game, but the PS1 game is fantastic.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
OMG UMIHARA KAWASE PSP I CANT EVEN COMPOSE MYSELF AND READ THIS THREAD TO FIND OUT WHETHER ITS JUST A PORT OF THE PS1 GAME IVE ALREADY GOT AHHHH WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES

edit: and thosse time crisis scores officially establish famitsu as more credible gamers and critics than any of their counterparts in the western media. i can't read famitsu reviews, but i can't be bothered to read domestic game reviews, so i guess that factor evens out

jj984jj

duckroll said:
But Blue Dragon is Feel Plus! Don't you want to see the power of the UE3 engine on the DS?! :D
Hey, maybe after the massive downgrade it'll have fantastic load times!

celebi23

Thanks for translating the info guys. So, any info about Brawl? Because, I thought this was the issue of Famitsu that was going to have a ton of info in it./

jj984jj

Anyway, Away would have to have some sort of addicting gameplay mechanic for me to get it now. Why did they have to go with the ugly Animal Crossing style 3D? :(

celebi23 said:
Thanks for translating the info guys. So, any info about Brawl? Because, I thought this was the issue of Famitsu that was going to have a ton of info in it./
Wrong magazine.

duckroll

Famitsu's review said FF4 took about 35 hours to complete. I wonder if they're just slow. I sure as hell don't remember the original being 30 hours long.

Top Bottom