• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
The MS exclusive deal with CoD ends this year, so Nintendo could try to jump in and grab the right away.
The deal end in 2012, but I haven't been able to find the exact wording. It could be for any DLC through 2012 or it could for any COD released through 2012.

Why all the hate over that IGN poll btw? Is it a "my opinion is much better than their opinion" kinda thing? It is a simple poll where people votes what they are most excited about, which is completely opinion based. One dont have to agree of course, but i dont see why there is hate/mocking around it.
I don't get it either. I can't see a NeoGAF poll being significantly different. Change the "who will win E3" answer to "All will suck" and it fits NeoGAF to a T.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at it further, that looks like the "old" design picture.
Could be, TT Games is after all third party and besides, what's the point of altering a design (I assume you refer to the non-rounded controller) for developers if it doesn't do anything for the games?

Here's the meta data of the image, probably doesn't provide anything:

Orientation of image: 1
File changed date and time: 2012:05:19 05:34:55
Image input equipment manufacturer: Sony Ericsson
Image input equipment model: E10i
Software used: 2.1.1.A.0.6_12307
Exposure time: 0.04
ISO speed rating: 80
Light source: 0
Flash: 0
Exposure mode: 0
White balance: 0
Scene capture type: 0

Rösti;38022457 said:
Could be, TT Games is after all third party and besides, what's the point of altering a design (I assume you refer to the non-rounded controller) for developers if it doesn't do anything for the games?

Oh I found it.

1hwxx0.jpg

watershed

Banned
Im glad we have actual news. From the pic there are two small square button looking things but I don't think its touchpads, too small for that.

MisterHero

Rösti;38022457 said:

Image taken at 5 am?

Fake confirmed!!11

HylianTom

Banned
maybe it's a sync button of some sort

I seem to remember that syncing will be much easier this time around. I've heard it compared to the iPhone's "bump" mechanism, where two people bump their phones together to get them to communicate. We'll just bump the controller to the console, and voilà.. synced!

I really don't see the point of a tiny touchpad when they have a giant touch screen in the middle.

Maybe two birds with one stone? Using a pointer, you dont cover up the screen like you would with a touch screen. Easier to retro program in software wise for older games than touch screens, maybe? Eh.

Still, a new control possibility.

I seem to remember that syncing will be much easier this time around. I've heard it compared to the iPhone's "bump" mechanism, where two people bump their phones together to get them to communicate. We'll just bump the controller to the console, and voila.. synced!

So like NFC for bluetooth or some such?

Luigison

Sticks! Changed orientation. Gray Wii Light up Home buttons. What's the square under the d-pad? A vitality sensor or touch pad like the new Microsoft mouse scroll? What's the square button between the battery light and power button?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Rösti;38022457 said:

Orientation of image: 1
Image input equipment manufacturer: Sony Ericsson
Image input equipment model: E10i
Software used: 2.1.1.A.0.6_12307
Exposure time: 0.04
ISO speed rating: 80
Light source: 0
Flash: 0
Exposure mode: 0
White balance: 0
Scene capture type: 0

Nintendo and Sony team up confirmed! j/k

Sticks! Changed orientation. Gray Wii Light up Home buttons. What's the square under the d-pad? A vitality sensor or touch pad like the new Microsoft mouse scroll? What's the square button between the battery light and power button?

That black square thing on the left side could be the "PLACE NFC STUFF HERE" location. Because it only has a range of about half a inch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom