• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggy

It's the new version indeed. While I initially thought it was an older design when I posted it in February, it's a newer one. The OAMI database has newer designs usually "above" older designs, thought it was the other way around.

Not necessarily. I'm sure function will trump wireless in most demonstrations. I just want to see how comfortable the final pad design will be.
Yea but their on stage demo will be wireless for sure so I wouldnt worry.

Dat home button though..looks like it will have light or something around it like the 360s.

lednerg

Called that shit:
Green and white? Like a Wii debug kit?
wiihard-onebigscreen--screenshot_large.jpg

Oddduck

Seems so.
Really seems that Nintendo is listening to what people have to say about the system, particularly devs.
I mean, adding click sticks and analog triggers.
Damn.

Yeah I noticed Nintendo listening a lot lately.

Good signs. Very good signs of things to come.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well that is certainly an interesting development to pop up during my dinner.

Glad to see they move the plus and minus buttons. Was always concerned about those.

AzaK

BG basically says that rumor is fake and that it's likely a new IP. Oh, and the new controller pictures.

Thanks Ace (And bg). I really hope it's fake or at least not happening anymore.

I saw the controller pics with the sticks - very weird. I wonder why they went and changed them?

Were the pads not working out?
Do they really think that people will shun the console for no sticks (Those who would will find another "lol, it's Nintendo" reason to do it)
Did 3rd partie really hound them?

I prefer sticks to pads but I was kinda looking forward to the low profile. In the end, if it does end up making more 3rd party games come over, and makes more people pick up a Wii U, I'm all for it.

nordique

No way.
Gamecube triggers would be better.

Gamecube controller was awesome in many ways, most of all comfort

The triggers definitely added to that. Ergonomically, hand fit well on those triggers.

But 360 triggers are to me the best triggers ever.

One great thing about those sticks, if this is indeed the final design, is that finally Nintendo looks to have done away with that 8-pronged Octagon circumference around the controller. It probably didn't bother many people, but when you had to run around in a circle or use camera controls in some games, it felt limiting in terms of movement. One of the reasons I think the Xbox/PS analogue sticks were better. Thankfully Nintendo opted out of that design with the CirclePad on the 3DS.

Though, everyone has different tastes. This new controller, if this ends up being the final Wii U pad, certainly suits my personal tastes much more. Those sticks and button placements look absolutely perfect.

Thanks Ace (And bg). I really hope it's fake or at least not happening anymore.

I saw the controller pics with the sticks - very weird. I wonder why they went and changed them?

Were the pads not working out?
Do they really think that people will shun the console for no sticks (Those who would will find another "lol, it's Nintendo" reason to do it)
Did 3rd partie really hound them?

I prefer sticks to pads but I was kinda looking forward to the low profile. In the end, if it does end up making more 3rd party games come over, and makes more people pick up a Wii U, I'm all for it.

Likely this.
Much like Capcom designed the classic controller pro, they probably went to Activision and EA and said "Ok, what do you want from a controller" and they got lists and implemented what they could.

Put me down as also liking the all grey logo.

Likely this.
Much like Capcom designed the classic controller pro, they probably went to Activision and EA and said "Ok, what do you want from a controller" and they got lists and implemented what they could.

It puts Pitchford's comments in perspective now.

nordique

He's a self proclaimed Xbox fanboy - he probably had no idea what he's getting himself into. Poor dude is probably already dead.

speaking of which....I will take note of when that picture gets taken off twitter and when bgassassin takes some "time off" the boards.

I doubt it will be any coincidence XD

It's interesting how much of the controller is now not screen, if you follow. I wonder if they made it wider just to have the buttons in a more comfortable configuration, or if there's more going on inside too.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Surely one or two of our leakers knew about the sticks on this newer design. See what happens if you withhold info, guys? Someone else makes the reveal first!
You also get to keep your limbs.

Wahoo! The leaks have begun! Love the new controller design!

Also the idea of Metroid + Starfox is interesting. I would not be dissapointed with it but I'de rather have Zelda or a new IP like BG was hinting at. (As long as its not a FPS, if it was I'de probably get it anywayz...)

Really like the new controller design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom