• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySeuss

Someone in the thread for this noticed the square almost touchpad/trackball thing under the d-pad and asked what it is. I would guess that's the NFC area.

Penguin

Between this and the other thread, I'm imagining Ace as like a hyper active kid on Christmas morning.

Though.. now I kind of feel bad for the guy who posted it. I hope nothing awful happens to him. :(

Sadist

Oh lol just noticed the placement of the start/select buttons. So much better.

Between this and the other thread, I'm imagining Ace as like a hyper active kid on Christmas morning.

Though.. now I kind of feel bad for the guy who posted it. I hope nothing awful happens to him. :(
He'll be fine. He's pretty confident, he even calls out to the Nintendo fans :p

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
--- still catching up ---

Wow, I'm reading today's new posts and pages are running about one page (100 posts) per hour.

--- still catching up ---

Linkhero1

He has multiple browsers open on multiple computers and smart phones. He knows what he's doing.

Penguin

And now I'm thinking about poor GameplayWhore when he comes back from his little break.

Who is going to have a recap post for him?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Ooooh mini-ton on saturday.

The logo is all grey
Yeah, it's represented as full gray (#9da5a2) in three of the registered Japanese trade marks. Only one figurative trade mark features both gray and blue. Nintendo can use both the monochrome logo and the polychrome logo, both in Japan and the United States (once the marks become registered). Perhaps it's only the controller that features the monochrome logo, everything else will maybe be with the other logo. While the monochrome logo sure looks sophisticated I believe it could confuse consumers even further as the color is very similar to that of the Wii logo (which uses #8c8c8c). In videos and ads it would be smart to use both colors to differentiate the product from its predecessor.

lednerg

The sync button was a tiny red circle on the back of the controller at E3, so those square buttons either have some other function, or they are dev kit related (since they aren't labeled).

Also worth noting is that the controller is a bit wider now, there is some white thing underneath the controller to the left with a cable attached, and the green/white thing up top could either be plugged into the controller or is also underneath it.

Haha, nah. I'm just enjoying not having to do anything on a Saturday for once, and really enjoy GAF. Especially when there's something new to discuss.
He has multiple browsers open on multiple computers and smart phones. He knows what he's doing.

Not even multiple tabs.
:p

Linkhero1

Guys...

t1338912000z4.png

Terrell

I must be the only one mourning the loss of the larger sliders on the controller.

Ahh well, guess if it makes you folks who hate change happy, so be it.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Well, now my OT Banner is kind of irrelevant.
Well, I doubt Nintendo will supply any new press images for this updated version of the controller, so unless you use images from patents or make something on your own I guess you are stuck with the imagery supplied at E3 last year. Those images are very big anyway and in good resolution, so I wouldn't worry about them being a bit arbitrary. The banner I'm using for my E3 thread isn't very complicated, though I have a separate, animated banner which features some Nintendo stuff. Not sure what to put in there. Microsoft has got Halo, I haven't decided on Sony yet and EA/Ubisoft will get Battlefield respectively Far Cry 3.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Rösti;38025071 said:
Well, I doubt Nintendo will supply any new press images for this updated version of the controller, so unless you use images from patents or make something on your own I guess you are stuck with the imagery supplied at E3 last year.

LOL. I'm sorry to hear that. Blame Shiggy. >_> :p

I think it'll be fine. It still pervades the gist of it.

You're not paying attention, guys. When did I said I was still using my original banner?

Someone cheer me up after the Champions League match... come on Nintendo, time for Mother 4.

Good thing i din't care about soccer/football. Quite untypical for a german, i know...

Man i ask again... Can't someone play the song of time already and get us to June 5th?

Effect

Maybe I'm being to jaded and pessimistic to soon. I fear the change to the Wii U controller will just give some developers (and I'm afraid even Nintendo's developers) more reason to ignore the pointer controls for shooters. This potentially means me having to give up an entire genre, at least on consoles, I've grown to enjoy thanks to the Wii remote and nunchuck.

Maybe I'm being to jaded and pessimistic to soon. I fear the change to the Wii U controller will just give some developers (and I'm afraid even Nintendo's developers) more reason to ignore the pointer controls for shooters. This potentially means me having to give up an entire genre, at least on consoles, I've grown to enjoy thanks to the Wii remote and nunchuck.

I think that pointer controls was always a lost cause for the Wii U.
Some games will have them, but not enough people gave them a chance on the Wii for anyone to care.

lednerg

I'm not that worried. As long as devs are putting local multiplayer modes in their games, then they will have to include Wiimote IR pointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom