• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
RMC on the NintendoGO Live Podcast: "From NeoGAF? During the damn podcast!" (The Wii U controller redesign news just got there.)

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Do we have sticks?

582699145.jpg

https://twitter.com/#!/MATTYB00SH/status/203939010610085888

DAMN! Dude's gonna be out of a job.

Linkhero1

Why do people assume this guy will get fired???

Maybe Nintendo okayed it.

Hahahahhahahahahaha

*breathes*

Hahahahahahahahahaha

I'm shocked that he thought it would be a good idea to post that. Nintendo has basically kept everything about the system, and even its games, on lockdown since E3. Now some random QA tester leaks the changes to the controller.
Yup. Oh well. I guess he got too excited and carried away.

Hopefully the dude won't be fired. Celebrities leak stuff they are doing voice work for all the time, it would be a shitty double standard if the punishment for this was more serious than internal discipline of some sort

Hahahahhahahahahaha

*breathes*

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Yup. Oh well. I guess he got too excited and carried away.

Well, USUALLY people don't make blatant posts about something like this as they know consequences.

Plus, this is no Megaton on the surprise level, we already had an idea about it nor will this wow anyone at a reveal.

It's still cool news though.

HylianTom

Banned
So.. who woke up here, on this lovely Saturday, thinking we'd have multiple new things to chat about?

I love that magical 2-3 weeks before E3. So unpredictable. :)

Linkhero1

Well, USUALLY people don't make blatant posts about something like this as they know consequences.

Plus, this is no Megaton in the surprise level, we already had an idea about it nor will this wow anyone at a reveal.

It's still cool news though.

Well, if it were a developer or publisher then I would say they got the ok from Nintendo. Since he's just a QA tester, I doubt it.

AzaK

Too many pages to catch up. Other than the depressing rumour of a Starfox-Metroid fusion game, has there been anything else's since yesterday when Paul mentioned he'd post the story?

I really hope Retro isnt working on this SF/M title. Starfox is a cute distraction of a game Retro spending their time on it would be such a waste IMO.

Too many pages to catch up. Other than the depressing rumour of a Starfox-Metroid fusion game, has there been anything else's since yesterday when Paul mentioned he'd post the story?

I really hope Retro isnt working on this SF/M title. Starfox is a cute distraction of a game Retro spending their time on it would be such a waste IMO.

BG basically says that rumor is fake and that it's likely a new IP. Oh, and the new controller pictures.

I was going to say something, but Ace is still using that board streaming feature so he can respond much faster than me. :p

Anybody make a thread?

Ace did one minute after it was posted, haha.

nordique

Oh about IGN btw... Nintendo should forget about E3 :(

IGNPerfectE3.jpg

IGN link here

IGN readers do NOT reflect the mass market.

Sure. They are more interested in Last of Us than Halo 4. I am too.

But Halo 4 is going to outsell Last of Us no matter what.

The actual mass market (you know, the one where the money is to be made) will ultimately decide how well Wii U or any next gen platform does.

And we will not know who "won" E3 until its over. These readership polls just reflect a general readership opinion, nothing more.

Linkhero1

I think it's just for the dev units. Maybe the guy works for a developer that just ordered a dev kit and it said Wii U, and that is the reason the poster thought Wii U was the final name.

Could be. He rarely posts on gaf, so I'd like to think he has some exposure to the devkits.

Yep. I'm one of those. I liked the Matt/Bozon combo fairly well, but even in the heyday of the Wii, Matt & Bozon were still outnumbered and seen as lesser. When they left, the only remaining Nintendo apologist was Craig, and I was never a big fan of his style.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Ace, you have a similar style to The_Legend_of_Dr_Tre from the old IGN boards... Did you ever run into him? Or are you him?
Dr tre has a YouTube channel now I think it may be the same person he's one of the major nintendo supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom