• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antioch

Shane has been saying it for a while, though.
And he's not the only one.
We've heard other people saying they're hyped for what they've been seeing announced for the Wii U as well.

Well I hope he's right, and I too think that people will generally be surprised by the Wii U's E3 showing, I wouldn't even be surprised if I'm one of the more optimistic people here regarding 3rd party support. I just don't know what credentials he has in terms of knowing stuff behind the scenes, so I'll take it with a grain of salt for now.

So who's making the new thread? cuz I have the new title: The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Final Countdown

Nah, because we might hit thread 7 at this rate.

Well I hope he's right, and I too think that people will generally be surprised by the Wii U's E3 showing, I wouldn't even be surprised if I'm one of the more optimistic people here regarding 3rd party support. I just don't know what credentials he has in terms of knowing stuff behind the scenes, so I'll take it with a grain of salt for now.

Well, he's a fairly high up journalist, so he's already seen a lot of the E3 line up (from third parties, at least, Nintendo likes to keep a lot of their games under wraps).

darthdago

Did you see the new controller?
We also had more speculation that GTA5 was coming.
Bonus Round confirming an awesome E3 lineup.
The Paul Gale Rumor (which is fake).
Retro's game is very likely a new IP.

Yes have seen the controller.

GTA5 speculation? So its finally confirmed??!!

E3 lineup will be awesome for sure!!

Paul Gale rumor? Wut?

About RETRO there is a lot of speculation right now. We will see!!

So what about the "Ubi"-guy who ""leaked"" so much information about WiiU, true or false in your opinion?

Paul Gale rumor? Wut?

So what about the "Ubi"-guy who ""leaked"" so much information about WiiU, true or false in your opinion?

Forget the Paul Gale rumor. It's not any good.

As for the leaks. That he was from Ubisoft and that he leaked anything is fake.
That some of his info might be true is real (only through the fact that it's mostly stuff WE'VE uncovered).

Portugeezer

Paul Gale rumor? Wut?

Probably false.

And no, GTA 5 is not confirmed, play it safe and don't get your hopes up.

Ok, so. This thread will have lasted us 17 or 18 days.
Which would leave us about 12 for Thread 6.

Hmmm.
Depending on what happens, and given the nature of posts increasing the closer we are to E3, we could very well be starting Thread 7 the same day as the conference.
Madness.

wsippel

Banned
Just noticed something potentially interesting: There's a small Austin company named Touch International that designs touchscreens for professional applications (like medical and industrial equipment and defense). In 2009, they introduced MARS, a low-cost resistive multitouch screen designed for a broad spectrum of devices, including game consoles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvjwUQ4jS2Y

Doesn't seem to be on the same level as Stantum's solution, but it's probably quite a bit cheaper and still offers a resolution of 10bit (1024x1024), a low activation force of 0.05N and a response time of less than 10ms.

Antioch

Ok, so. This thread will have lasted us 17 or 18 days.
Which would leave us about 12 for Thread 6.

Hmmm.
Depending on what happens, and given the nature of posts increasing the closer we are to E3, we could very well be starting Thread 7 the same day as the conference.
Madness.

I think we'll get there earlier, because the post rate here will undoubtedly be insane on the days leading up to E3.

So what happened to Ideaman?

Isn't Ideaman due to post some new info today at some point?

He has a life outside of GAF, you know...
Just noticed something potentially interesting: There's a small Austin company named Touch International that designs touchscreens for professional applications (like medical and industrial equipment and defense). In 2009, they introduced MARS, a low-cost resistive multitouch screen designed for a broad spectrum of devices, including game consoles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvjwUQ4jS2Y

Doesn't seem to be on the same level as Stantum's solution, but it's probably quite a bit cheaper and still offers a resolution of 10bit (1024x1024), a low activation force of 0.05N and a response time of less than 10ms.

Neat. Though, I don't see Nintendo switching providers. It's likely just a bigger and higher quality version of what they're using in the 3DS.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
NO NO NO

Its The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: Where Ideaman Becomes Member
And after a couple of pages they change it to:
The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: Where Ideaman Becomes Perma Junior'd

Ho ho ho.

Hmmm.
Madness.
They'll probably close it then until after E3. Remember new news for new threads so with all the fact coming out there won't be need for general speculation until the dust has settled.

We can continue to speculate after the WiiU is released, right? Since we're never getting official specs and we won't know what games are going to show up next E3?

Super Mario World 3
Excite Wings
Or Excite Boat
Or Excite x Wave Race FUSION SAGA (free for all mixed vehicle racing)
F-Zero EX(cite)
Mario Kart 8 (Monster)
Star Fox* (Monster!)
Wario Ware World (or Web, Wario wants to take over the whole Internet!)
Kid Icarus Uprising (in any form, even just a cheap eShop multi only mode!)

First party IP by third party dev:
Duck Hunt...by Treasure
And Sin & Punishment if Nintendo owns the IP.
*Might as well give Treasure Star Fox too, it could get back to shooting shit up completely again.

Great list - I'm down.

Man, now I'm going to be so let down when there's no Excite Boat!

We can continue to speculate after the WiiU is released, right? Since we're never getting official specs and we won't know what games are going to show up next E3?
I believe the speculation threads will continue until it launches yes (then turn into console OT).
We won't learn everything from E3, and we'll have tons more to talk about.

wsippel

Banned
Neat. Though, I don't see Nintendo switching providers. It's likely just a bigger and higher quality version of what they're using in the 3DS.
I don't even know who provides the touchscreens for Nintendo. I don't think there are long term exclusive contracts for cheap commodity products like that - should be the same as RAM, flash or connectors.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Well E3 will simply provide more to speculate about. I mean we can take bets on which E3 game will be the next Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

MYE

Sweep me off my feet Reggie. My body is ready!

76Eaf.jpg

DrWong

I don't remember seeing it on this thread: Monolith Soft has just updated its website with some new job announces. What's interesting, beside the fact they're still hiring, is the img displayed on the top of the Tokyo studio jobs page >

recruit_201012.jpg

My Google translating gave me something like that: "Large recruitment project development staff recruitment ongoing emergency".

Just to point it guys, I know we've already talked about these jobs post, it's the "urgency" and the fact they're adding more announces which I find interesting... Sorry if already known.

I don't remember seeing it on this thread: Monolith Soft has just updated its website with some new job announces. What's interesting, beside the fact they're still hiring, is the img displayed on the top of the Tokyo studio jobs page >

[IG]http://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/recruit/images/recruit_201012.jpg[/IMG]
My Google translating gave me something like that: "Large recruitment project development staff recruitment ongoing emergency".

Just to point it guys, I know we've already talked about these jobs post, it's the "urgency" and the fact they're adding more announces which I find interesting... Sorry if already known.

could their game be near launch window?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Been away for a week.

Can some kind soul please summarise any new info in the past 7 days?

Nintendo Ninjas killed a QA tester for leaking an image of the WiiU Controller.

His body was later found cut up and hidden in Rayman Origin 3DS boxes after someone actually bought a copy. Guess they thought it was a great hiding spot.

recruit_201012.jpg

”Emergency" in the sense of "Urgent".

"New" is a 3D Animation Manager and a Project Manager
"Urgent" is a programmer and a Programmer (Project manager/Product Support System Development).

Kyoto (new, 3DS team) needs a Motion Designer and an Effect Designer.

pramath

Banned
Been away for a week.

*Wii U controller has analog sticks instead of slider pads, and two mystery buttons
*Wii U name is likely to be final
*Gearbox says the Wii U is a powerful system, and a true next gen machine; Wii U version of Aliens will be the best looking console version
*Apparently, Retro is working on... wait for it... Star Fox x Metroid, a crossover for the Wii U. Nintendo declined to comment on this.
*Bonus Round thinks people will be very surprised at just how many first and third party games the Wii U will have.

HylianTom

Banned
Been away for a week.

Not sure if GPW is awake yet..

- new controller layout
- Shane Bettenhausen reinforced his "it'll be an impressive launch lineup" claim. Very refreshing from him.
- the E3 preview at Gameplay Trailers (I think?) was surprisingly levelheaded, for the U at least..

Ehh.. waking up. Terrible memory. Those are the first things to come to mind..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom