• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2 Gameplay - Leaked Video (Alpha)

V_Ben

Banned
wow. loved the first one, and this looks even better. interesting to see that they've developed their own engine now this time, the last one used biowares engine i think...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Though early, the underlying technology looks pretty attractive.
It was a pretty enjoyable glimpse into an alpha build, and these glimpses usually end in tears.

The puking soldier made me chuckle.
The neat environmental effects got my attention.

I wonder if they'll be rolling any of the combat improvements designed for the now scrapped console versions of Witcher 1 into this sequel. I don't quite remember what they were supposed to be.

That said, it IS about time I resume my Witcher 1 play through. Just got to the beginning of Chapter 3, IIRC.

MDSLKTR

bathala said:
wow at the graphics.

still haven't finish the 1st one. SHAME!

I didn't even start it yet. The glorious EE is watching me while i'm finishing my playtrough of bloodlines.

sprsk said:
This is so not internal, lol.

but it's CONFIDENTIAL. for INTERNAL USE ONLY.

Must be internal. It says so.

Those interviews just scream internal.

But mmm it looks pretty. I just recently got The Witcher and am really enjoying it, though I'm not that far, currently finishing up things in the outskirts of visema. Awesome game, though.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Looks great.

lorddarkflare said:
Yeah, this ain't internal.

Also, i hate the fact that they kept the combat, it was the main reason i never bothered, that and the backtracking and the potion focus.

Hope they change that.
Then why wait for sequel to such a game? All of those things i view as what makes TW unique.

I still want to play the first one. It didn't run well under bootcamp on my iMac and my PC needs some RAM (only a gig atm) but it's been so long since I've upgraded PC stuff I'll need to do a little research and I'm extremely lazy when it comes to PC stuff. :lol

actually, wow that looks really nice. love the time-lapse shots.

Mejilan said:
That said, it IS about time I resume my Witcher 1 play through. Just got to the beginning of Chapter 3, IIRC.

uh me too. i've had to put it aside till i get a new compy as the framerate fools me into thinking it's playable and then collapses as soon as some enemy ai comes on the scene.

AshMcCool

I've never known there is a sequel in production. That totally blew my mind. AWESOME. Btw. she's a princess? Of what? Whores?

"This time it Ain't MY FAULT!":lol

For those worried Witcher 1 had pretty damn good voice acting. I wouldn't be worried at all about what you just heard there. After all it is a internal video :lol

AMUSIX

Best to play the Witcher in Polish or Czech or Hungarian...really good voice acting, and the voices fit the character's slavic features.

Polk

Violater said:
Canceling the console versions you are dead to me
Your wish can be granted faster then you think. Word on the street is they're in very deep financial trouble. They had to sell their online store for mere $1M to keep going.

epmode

Polk said:
Your wish can be granted faster then you think. Word on the street is they're in very deep financial trouble. They had to sell their online store for mere $1M to keep going.
Wat? GOG.com?

Spoo

I bought Witcher: EE and was dissapointed as fuck. Holding out, I hoped the sequel (whether white wolf on consoles, or the sequel on PC) would prove to be much better, more cinematic, and visually more spectacular...

Why, granted they must be going PC only again, does this game look terrible visually? i'm sorry, but I can't tell a huge difference between this and the original on high rez :\ I guess I'm just dissapointed in it, visually, and not at all interested in this sequel.

Spoo said:
I bought Witcher: EE and was dissapointed as fuck. Holding out, I hoped the sequel (whether white wolf on consoles, or the sequel on PC) would prove to be much better, more cinematic, and visually more spectacular...

Why, granted they must be going PC only again, does this game look terrible visually? i'm sorry, but I can't tell a huge difference between this and the original on high rez :\ I guess I'm just dissapointed in it, visually, and not at all interested in this sequel.
come here so I can punch you in the throat

Rad-

Witcher 1's combat is what stopped me playing it. It was the most un-fun combat I've played since Torment.

Make a console version and I'll try that. The combat could work a lot better with a controller.

Hell yeah!!! Been waiting to see something on this. Glad they're moving along with the PC version. I only got the original back in March (for my girlfriend) and when I finally got around to playing it I couldn't stop, finished it within a week. One of my favorite RPGs, and there's so much potential if they keep building off of it.

From the video, I'm hoping they're going to do something really cool with the NPC day-cycle stuff. Majora's Mask was really good with it, but a lot of times it's done in a kind of boring way. Hope CD Projekt can do something great with it.

JavaMava

strem said:
Smartest thing they could of done. This game is made for the PC and it would of saddened me to see them hack it up just to try and get it to work with a controller

What about this game wouldn' work on the controller? I don't remember any split second camera swing around being Nessie, in fact the one button combo timings would work pretty dame well for the console marker.

FuKuy

First The Witcher is one of the BEST TOP 5 RPG of all time on any platform.

Ayone should support this game and buy it now. NOt only the game is EXCELLENT, also CDProjekt have done a great job supporting updates, free new content and encouraging user generated content.

This video looks AMAZING, and I'm anxious to play again as Geralt.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The Witcher more than deserves this sequel.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
permutated said:
My eyes do not function.
Thought so.

Anyway, I don't mind how long this takes to come out, much rather CD Projekt get time to polish the project rather than having to spend silly money on an "Enhanced Edition".
FuKuy said:
First The Witcher is one of the BEST TOP 5 RPG of all time on any platform.

Ayone should support this game and buy it now. NOt only the game is EXCELLENT, also CDProjekt have done a great job supporting updates, free new content and encouraging user generated content.

This video looks AMAZING, and I'm anxious to play again as Geralt.
They certainly came out of nowhere to establish themselves as a top tier RPG dev, that's for sure.

Awesome, I only just got a gaming PC, and my copy of the Witcher hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully I can finish Neverwinter Nights 2 before it arrives because knowing me I will jump onto the Witcher and never go back to NWN2 lol.

No45

Why would they introduce their staff in an internal video? :p

I was always intending to pick up the first when the console release hit, but that's not going to happen now. :(

Question, if I pick this up from Steam will I miss out on anything by not having a Live account? I know you need an account to pick up DLC for Fallout 3 for example, just hoping this isn't the same. Thanks.

EDIT: I can't find it on Steam anyway. :(

FuKuy

No45 said:
Why would they introduce their staff in an internal video? :p

I was always intending to pick up the first when the console release hit, but that's not going to happen now. :(

Question, if I pick this up from Steam will I miss out on anything by not having a Live account? I know you need an account to pick up DLC for Fallout 3 for example, just hoping this isn't the same. Thanks.

EDIT: I can't find it on Steam anyway. :(

The Witcher on STEAM is only available for US users. But you can still buy the game on many other stores (Gamestop, amazon, D2D) or ask some US user to gift it to you.

And NO, The Witcher don't use GFW LIVE! so you don't need any LIVE! account (free on PC by the way). And all DLC and MODs for The Witcher are FREE.

Vlodril

Witcher 1's combat is what stopped me playing it. It was the most un-fun combat I've played since Torment.

WTF is wrong with you?...

On other news fuck yes that just made my day. The first one is one of my favorite rpgs in a long time. Fantastic story and "hero". Second one looks even darker and more desolate. I am liking the night/day cycle. Cant wait for this.

Kritz

Banned
Doytch said:
The Witcher was everything that's right with PC gaming. Will buy the sequel day one.

God it's probably a bad sign that I found the game absolutely boring, then. :\
I don't think I'm much of an RPG guy, though...

No45

FuKuy said:
The Witcher on STEAM is only available for US users. But you can still buy the game on many other stores (Gamestop, amazon, D2D) or ask some US user to gift it to you.

And NO, The Witcher don't use GFW LIVE! so you don't need any LIVE! account (free on PC by the way). And all DLC and MODs for The Witcher are FREE.
Thanks. I assumed it would need a Live account because it's a GFW title. Always been intrigued by the game and would like to check it out before the sequel [hopefully] hits consoles.

Top Bottom