• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2 getting full combat rebalance mod with new animations and big changes

Gurthang

Banned
How does this mod change the difficulty? I played on Normal last time and found it to be a breeze after chapter one. So should I play on Hard with this mod for my next play through or is it going to be too difficult?

Celegus

The mod was borked for me, I wasn't gaining levels, and the trees were locked despite being level 8 or something.

I think it has borked the entire game for me, even when disabled. The game is now locking up, getting random blank screens, and the upgrades only have one level. :|

Screw you modder/CDPR designer!

Same thing happened to me. Had to restart a fresh save, got to chapter 3 and quit because I had 0 fun with it either playthrough. I just don't get this game.

jett

D-Member
Same thing happened to me. Had to restart a fresh save, got to chapter 3 and quit because I had 0 fun with it either playthrough. I just don't get this game.

Man I don't want to restart from the beginning. I'll try deleting and reinstalling(ugh gonna have to redownload the whole thing) see if that unborks my save. Actually all of my saves are borked, even those previous to installing the mod.

I'll be honest man, right now in Act 1 I'm not really liking this game. I actually liked The Witcher 1 more than this. I think combat might actually be worse in TW2, it seems random to say the least, and these quests are just awful.

PFD

How does this mod change the difficulty? I played on Normal last time and found it to be a breeze after chapter one. So should I play on Hard with this mod for my next play through or is it going to be too difficult?
I felt the game was easier with this mod. Although you can no longer cheese fights with Quen/dodge, as those mechanics were altered

Unai

I think I found another bug. There is a skill called Alchemist that's supposed to remove the negative effects of potions taken, but it actually doesn't.

Edit: Nope. My bad.

Tilian

Banned
I'm about the play the game for the first time ever --

I assume it's better with the mod (even though I won't really appreciate the changes since I know nothing?)

I just want to be certain since some here have had mixed experiences with using it.

F4r0_Atak

I hope they bring over Witcher 2 to PS4 and/or Xbox One for those who want to play Witcher 3. Some kind of announcements at Gamescom from them would be neat, especially if it releases this fall/holiday.

KyleCross

Well damn, I bought The Witcher 2 on both the PC and 360. My lappy couldn't play the PC version so I got the 360 and still haven't gotten around to playing it. I wish this would release as a patch on the 360, but that won't happen.

Unai

I'm about the play the game for the first time ever --

I assume it's better with the mod (even though I won't really appreciate the changes since I know nothing?)

I just want to be certain since some here have had mixed experiences with using it.

I started my first playthrough with the mod and I loved. I tried to play without it dozens of hours laters and I thoght it was much better with the mod.

KyleCross

Is there any mirrors for the newest version released bout a year ago? The main source is slow as all hell... 130kb/s, and the mirror in the OP I assume is for the very first release.

Just started a new playthrough using this mod. I can't remember if this was in the original game or not, but are the enemy icons on the minimap supposed to linger after you kill an enemy? They don't dissappear for me and I wanna make sure this isn't a glitch caused by the mod.

Also, how the heck do I reposte in the mod? Can't figure it out.

Unai

Just started a new playthrough using this mod. I can't remember if this was in the original game or not, but are the enemy icons on the minimap supposed to linger after you kill an enemy? They don't dissappear for me and I wanna make sure this isn't a glitch caused by the mod.

Also, how the heck do I reposte in the mod? Can't figure it out.

You don't.

I just can't get over how amazing Project Red are. I wish more developers treated us like this! Even though I won't use this mod as I've played TW2 to death anyway, it's great that this stuff happens. Bring on TW3 :D

Sirim

I just can't get over how amazing Project Red are. I wish more developers treated us like this! Even though I won't use this mod as I've played TW2 to death anyway, it's great that this stuff happens. Bring on TW3 :D
You are aware that this mod came out quite a while ago?

Top Bottom