• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2 getting full combat rebalance mod with new animations and big changes

kanuuna

It's pretty amazing to see them bringing these kinds of changes into a game that's been out for so long. I personally had no qualms with the combat, even at launch.
I kind of wish they remade the first game with their current engine and TW2 like mechanics at some point though, that game I just couldn't get into the combat in that game at all - and I ended up skipping it because of it.

Also, here's hoping for a cameo of a TW3 at one press conferences next week. I played through 2 twice (at launch and with the Enhanced Edition update) with all the same choices, leaving some surprises for an alternate playthrough one I'm finished with 3 on my current save.

Damn so you haven't played since the original version of TW2 launched? There are some pretty huge changes since it released, it's a completely different game IMO

Will fix that mistake [in 2 weeks] I hope!

Might be busy with TLOU though.

Did they ever fix the kraken fight? Instant death from failed QTE was terrible.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Hmmm. This interests me. I just couldnt get past the combat of TW2, something just felt rotten at the core. Wonder if these tweaks would get me onboard. PC version only I assume?

Delstius

Great news, I dropped playing the game for this exact reason. I'll give it another try once this mod get released.

BigDug13

Holy shit this development studio is insane. From the free Extended Edition content DLC for PC gamers who bought the original base game and now to rebalancing an older game based on lessons learned doing the new one?

Decado

Now this [CD Projekt Red] is a developer, people. Updating their game for the better over 2 years later, with a new installment on the horizon.

Even though I've owned TW2 since late last year, I've been holding off playing it because I knew once the SDK was released it would be greatly improved with mods. The Witcher 1 had a good combat mod, too (fan made, though).

I also really hope skin texture damage is implemented. More immersive than health bars.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
They are really going way further than they have to with the support for their released games. I really appreciate that.

Buying witcher 3 collectors edition no matter what now.

now release it to PS3 PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE I bought the game on PC already but my gear can't play it :(

Yeah, I would definitely support this too. Heck, I'd even buy it digitally if they ported it to PS3 and released it for a reasonable price. CDPR really are an amazing developer who understand that treating the community well creates customer satisfaction and long term loyalty.

CHC

Damn so hyped! Every time I pick this game up for a replay they come out with something like this and I gotta hold off. Oh well plenty backlog heat to handle.

Great dev, happy they have my dough in their pockets

RedSwirl

So is this gonna install as an official patch or will you have to install it like a mod.

...and when might we see Workshop for TW2?

So is this gonna install as an official patch or will you have to install it like a mod.

...and when might we see Workshop for TW2?

I don't know if we will due to not everyone having a steam copy of the game they might just stick with their site and the nexus.

And you have to install it like a mod because patching costs too much money to implement

sflufan

Banned
I don't know if we will due to not everyone having a steam copy of the game they might just stick with their site and the nexus.

And you have to install it like a mod because patching costs too much money to implement

What cost?

Patching on Steam is free.

Yeah I heard about this a few days ago and have been patiently waiting ever since for it to be released.
I'm currently on my Elf playthru, but I think I'm just going to restart it so I can experience this mod in all its glory.
I just don't know if I should keep my other mods going along with it, or delete them and just run with the full rebalance.

fallagin

Cd project red are pretty damn awesome. I probably put them on par with valve in terms of good will they have accrued.

Foffy

Banned
Most companies would bail on games weeks after release. This fucking company...

Did Witcher 1 get any support like this? I know there was the Enhanced Edition there, but beyond that?

Giran

Sounds great. Been planning to play through again one of these days.

I havent played either Witcher or Witcher 2.

Should I play the first or go right into two?

You can go directly to the second and won't miss too much except some references. I'd still recommend playing the first game.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This is really, truly impressive. I haven't bought any CDPR games, but this gets me excited to purchase Witcher 3.

If I had more cash flow I'd hop on the Witcher 2, but I'll be surely getting it the next sale.

Oh shit, Flash. This is big people. How big? Do you have The Witcher 1? Download his mod, it makes The Witcher combat system into one of the most challenging, and you'll love it.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/flashs-the-witcher-mod

i found the original hard enough :(

stupid demo plant things that poison your ass.

It did get easier at the end when i started dumping points into offensive magic though.

Might also be because i got the uber gear set thing.

HeelPower

Yeah, I would definitely support this too. Heck, I'd even buy it digitally if they ported it to PS3 and released it for a reasonable price. CDPR really are an amazing developer who understand that treating the community well creates customer satisfaction and long term loyalty.

awaiting an announcement at E3.Hopefully they can pull it off especially since they are ready to put work in the game with this patch and 3 is releasing on PS4.

Ciastek3214

i found the original hard enough :(

stupid demo plant things that poison your ass.

It did get easier at the end when i started dumping points into offensive magic though.

Might also be because i got the uber gear set thing.

It rebalances the combat so it's less bullshit. Also it forces you to think, like, you cannot hit ghosts unless you use the oil against wraiths on your sword.

- during heavy battle Geralt uses pirouettes and focus (new animations)

Is a combat one different from ballerina one? :D

Also, did they ever fix the issue of how you can't seem to be able to cast any magic unless you are completely stationary? was annoying.

kortez320

I'd love to merge CD projekt and From Software. From could handle the combat and encounter design/balancing and CD projekt everything else.

My perfect video game.

Top Bottom