• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2 - new incredible screens [Update: Added A Lot More In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

vMaxx

Game looks amazing!!! The forest sections are fantastic!!!
Sometimes I wonder how a Zelda game would look like if the Wii had similar power with the PS3!

Cyborg

vMaxx said:
Game looks amazing!!! The forest sections are fantastic!!!
Sometimes I wonder how a Zelda game would look like if the Wii had similar power with the PS3!
Damn that would be so fcking awsome :D

Exuro

vMaxx said:
Exactly! Just imagine Hyrule with those kind of graphics!!!
I can't even... I'm drooling...
Well seeing as the latest video has Geralt rolling around like crazy I could totally see someone make a Link model for the game. Would be practically the same. :p

vMaxx

Exuro said:
Well seeing as the latest video has Geralt rolling around like crazy I could totally see someone make a Link model for the game. Would be practically the same. :p
I guess so...

Zeliard

EviLore said:
Yeah, I would not expect the same for the sequel, just because they needed to sell everyone on a relatively unknown IP from a brand new studio back then. In my case the demo was really effective: I hadn't heard much about The Witcher, but it looked promising and so I played the demo...and kept playing...and kept playing...and by the time chapter 1 was over I was 100% invested in the game and there was no way I wasn't going to buy it immediately so I could continue.

Now I'm invested in the franchise, as are many other people I'm sure, so there's no need to go to that sort of extreme.

The length of the demo also gave them an opportunity to try and showcase the C&C a bit. You don't really get to see how most Act 1 choices ultimately play out since they usually do so in later chapters, but it gives you an idea of some of the choices involved and a couple of the more immediate ramifications.

Salaadin

Not sure if this is new thread worthy so Ill just post it here. There will be a live chat Q&A on ustream Friday, March 18th at 17:00 GMT. Thats 1:00PM EST, 10:00AM PST.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-witcher-2-live-q-a
password: goodoldgames

"We'll be showing some unpublished work-in-progress materials from Geralt's model creation live for the first time during the presentation, as well as a live demonstration the changes & improvements that the team has made to gameplay. After that, we'll take your questions."

Desi

someone spam this for me. I am already "I broke it off with Triss in TW1. Will Shani be there for me in TW2 if I got with her? Did she put on weight...?"

Luthos

The only thing uncertain about this game to me is how well I'll be able to play it.

Otherwise, I'm so pumped for it.

Salaadin

Any good info come from this so far? My friend just told me they said thered be destructible environments. Made me hard.

Desi

-said they are a middle eastern developer not western
-yes some destructible environments. enemies will react
-doesn't want to say if there will be other witchers, duh
-same composer from withcer 1
-rise of the white wolf is not currently in development
-first chapter will not be as slow as the outskirts in the Witcher 1 "people will be happy"

Desi said:
Middle Eastern Europe. He said that in response to a reporter that once asked him about being a Western European developer.

One bit of info is that it probably won't ship with Polish and English, but they would like to add other language options as a download later.

Salaadin

Desi said:
-yes some destructible environments. enemies will react
-doesn't want to say if there will be other witchers, duh
-same composer from withcer 1
-rise of the white wolf is not currently in development

Thanks. I like what Im hearing.

Gully State said:
I remember that they'll be showing off more of the combat. Any insights?
There was very little in the beginning but what I saw looked nice.

Desi

Jay Shadow said:
Middle Eastern Europe. He said that in response to a reporter that once asked him about being a Western European developer.

One bit of info is that it probably won't ship with Polish and English, but they would like to add other language options as a download later.
ya just thought it was funny. like he must of have when he replied to the JRPG interviewer.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
No loading screens, fully streamed. Loading only when advancing chapters.

Roughly 40 hours to complete the critical path.

2San

They are interested in making a console version as well. Though nothing is planned since they don't want 2 project at the same time.

Edit: Btw does anyone know if the disc version is GFWL again?

Exuro

Fighting with a paddle eh? I wonder if different types of weapons have different animations. I was thinking that daggers axes ect would just be throwing items but it looks like they're their own things. That's pretty cool.

Next dev diary is Gameplay!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Axes, hammers, daggers, other weapons. Can develop skills for the different weapon types, and they "don't suck anymore."

Salaadin

EviLore said:
Axes, hammers, daggers, other weapons. Can develop skills for the different weapon types, and they "don't suck anymore."

Great. Im doing a Witcher 1 replay right now and I forgot how shitty everything else is.

Desi said:
well I am in slow mode. My chubby Shani question will go unanswered.

LOL!

They reiterated earlier that the QTEs are mostly optional and fist fighting in combat isn't a QTE like tavern fist fighting is.

I've had this game pre-ordered for months, the first game I held off on for way too long and when I did play through it, I didn't put it down but maybe 3 or 4 times.

That's right I had some LONG play sessions.

Such a good game.

The one bit of gameplay info we got from combat is that Tomasz is a major button masher. I think he clicked 10 times for every 1 swing

Exuro

Jay Shadow said:
The one bit of gameplay info we got from combat is that Tomasz is a major button masher. I think he clicked 10 times for every 1 swing
And he's left handed! That is so.... weird. But hey he's not rolling around like crazy compared to that other video

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
EviLore said:
No loading screens, fully streamed. Loading only when advancing chapters.
I saw it in action on a demonstration video. He ran from a mountain path to a lake to some forest and into a cave with no loading anywhere. I was like D:

They also showed the progression to get from the first face that had some complaints to the final face for Geralt, along with a new render of the final face.

FaceFinal.jpg

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
That looks nice but i still like The Witcher 1 face the most. Sort of animalistic but not in a stupid furry way or anything, just... I guess feral is the word (is it?). But still human.

Exuro

delirium said:
I actually like the older look from the previous screenshots.
Visually it looks good but it's not Geralt. He isn't supposed to be "pretty" like the older model has him. The new model resembles him much more.

For comparison
TW1 Geralt
http://k.min.us/jjs5cu.jpg
TW2 Old Geralt
http://k.min.us/jjtdiw.png
TW2 New Geralt
http://i.imgur.com/oRnur.jpg

The new model isn't an exact replica per say but it matches much better. TW2 Old Geralt looks like his age halved and he was on the beach for a few weeks.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, Geralt isn't Clive Owen. The new one is better.

I love how his eyes glow. It's scary.

Desi

Seriously though. If this game takes place a year after the first one they should have everyone that choose Shani be greeted with a new pudgy Shani. She let herself go. It would make all the Triss couples that much sweeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom