• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2 - new incredible screens [Update: Added A Lot More In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
BruceLeeRoy said:
I never played the Witcher. Can I get a synopsis of it somewhere I really want to be ready for this game.

HAHA Bless you OP.
fapmorte.gif

Dude, just play the damn game! You have time and it's stilworthit.

Minsc

Gold Member
BruceLeeRoy said:
I never played the Witcher. Can I get a synopsis of it somewhere I really want to be ready for this game.

HAHA Bless you OP.
fapmorte.gif

You should give the first a try. With the EE it's quite enjoyable and holds up fairly well if you can tolerate the combat.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hm, looking at the required specs on the Steam page, I should be able to run this on my lappy with 2.4 ghz and a GF 9400M...

But seeing as Witcher 1 stutters slightly on even medium settings, it'll probably run like shit.

JoeBoy101 said:
I sincerely suggest get the first one. Not the least of which, save games from the first can be imported to the second game. I'm a sucker for importing save games into sequels.

Damn I can! Sweet I will get it right now. I'm assuming its on steam.

JoeBoy101

BruceLeeRoy said:

You assume... correctly.

Its not a complete import, but similar to ME2, where some loot, attribute points, and story decisions will carry over. They've been light on specifics though.

Minsc

Gold Member
BruceLeeRoy said:

Make sure to set yourself on the OTS view ASAP (wasd + mouse), and make sure to use a 16:9 resolution, not 16:10 (it's buggy with all the in-game cinematics). So 1920x1080, not 1920x1200, etc.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Minsc said:
Make sure to set yourself on the OTS view ASAP, and make sure to use a 16:9 resolution, not 16:10 (it's buggy with all the in-game cinematics). So 1920x1080, not 1920x1200, etc.
Eh, OTS view always feels off to me in RPGs, its a big problem I had with Mass Effect. The way the camera swings around feels disorienting, and controlling my character feels like a tank.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Micius said:
Actually it wasn't even the NWN2 engine, it was the NWN engine. Easy mistake to make though considering The Witcher looks better than NWN2... :p
NWN2 engine is the NWN1 engine with modifications same as The Witcher engine. Its all based on Aurora.

Great. Thanks to this thread, now I've pre-ordered TW2 on GOG and bought TW1 on Steam. Thank goodness these are all digital purchases at least so I can sneak them by my GF (or try).

Helmholtz

Holy shit...this looks AMAZING. I have to get back to the first Witcher and finish it, I stopped playing after chapter one due to school.

Binabik15

JoeBoy101 said:
Remember new TW1 players, Poon Cards are love. Collect them all!

I didn´t like the combat in the Witcher 1 demo and it ran like crap on the only pc I had access to, but I´ll get it now. By the time I´m finished TW2 should be even more affordable than it is now. I love <25 pound launches.

I have to save money, I feel the need to upgrade my poor old 5850 to a shiny 6950 or 6970 or this. I won´t do it, but the thought is comforting. That´s the downside of the pc master race, isn´t it?

BruceLeeRoy said:

The main premise:

You are the Witcher, not some fucking emo loli boy in fantasy world. Ok, so it's a fantasy world, but no sir, no pussy elves in this tale! Here we have racism, we have humans hating elves, elves hating humans, dwarves hating humans, other human hating humans!

So you are the Witcher that just got robed. Motherfuckers! So you go on a quest full of T&A and adventure to find out WTF was stupid enough to steal from you, when everybody knows the only thing worse than a monster in your bed, is a Witcher next to your wife!

So yeah, you are the Witcher, you go around, sleep around, cut shit up. Once in a while you drink beer with your NOT HUMAN friend, then cut some more shit.

Castor Krieg said:
The main premise:

You are the Witcher, not some fucking emo loli boy in fantasy world. Ok, so it's a fantasy world, but no sir, no pussy elves in this tale! Here we have racism, we have humans hating elves, elves hating humans, dwarves hating humans, other human hating humans!

So you are the Witcher that just got robed. Motherfuckers! So you go on a quest full of T&A and adventure to find out WTF was stupid enough to steal from you, when everybody knows the only thing worse than a monster in your bed, is a Witcher next to your wife!

So yeah, you are the Witcher, you go around, sleep around, cut shit up. Once in a while you drink beer with your NOT HUMAN friend, then cut some more shit.

This could be the best synopsis of anything I have ever read.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just bought the Witcher Enhanced Edition for 20 at GS. Sealed and all that :O

Castor Krieg said:
The main premise:

I just bought permission to cut shit up for 20. Let us pray!

Micius

water_wendi said:
NWN2 engine is the NWN1 engine with modifications same as The Witcher engine. Its all based on Aurora.

You are right. I only remembered that they were calling it the Electron engine, just read that it was just Obsidian's Aurora modification. Not sure if CDP and Obsidian did the same things to Aurora, but one thing both their games had in common was the awful loading times so...

Forkball

I'm playing through The Witcher right now and really enjoying it. Fortunately this game seems to be pretty long, so I won't finish it any time soon, so I won't have to anguish about my computer probably not being able to handle The Witcher 2.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Micius said:
You are right. I only remembered that they were calling it the Electron engine, just read that it was just Obsidian's Aurora modification. Not sure if CDP and Obsidian did the same things to Aurora, but one thing both their games had in common was the awful loading times so...
This is good news for us though. i dont think we are going to have to upgrade as much as we think :D

Salaadin

According to Toms Hardware GPU Heirarchy Chart, a good upgrade for my 5850 would be the GTX 580. Thats a 500 dollar card.
And then I worry about my Antec EA650W PSU. Nvidia says 600W is fine but I like to have breathing room.

I need to show restraint here or this game is going to make me spend 700 bucks...

antonz

Salaadin said:
According to Toms Hardware GPU Heirarchy Chart, a good upgrade for my 5850 would be the GTX 580. Thats a 500 dollar card.
And then I worry about my Antec EA650W PSU. Nvidia says 600W is fine but I like to have breathing room.

I need to show restraint here or this game is going to make me spend 700 bucks...
I dont think you would really need to upgrade at this point and if you feel you must I would just considering another 5850. The card you have isnt too terrible to throw away for a upgrade versus massive cost.
There is an updated chart that has the 560 Ti etc added as well
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...e-gtx-560-ti-gaming-graphics-card,2857-7.html

Salaadin

antonz said:
I dont think you would really need to upgrade at this point and if you feel you must I would just considering another 5850. The card you have is far too new to throw away for a small upgrade versus massive cost

Yeah, thats whats holding me back. I just want to max this game so badly. LOOK at it!
Thanks for the reply though. Youre making it easier to hold out.

My best bet would be to wait for a demo or benchmarks to see how it is.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Salaadin said:
Yeah, thats whats holding me back. I just want to max this game so badly. LOOK at it!
Thanks for the reply though. Youre making it easier to hold out.

My best bet would be to wait for a demo or benchmarks to see how it is.
I doubt that you won't be able to max the game when it comes out, it looks good but not good enough to make a 5850 cry.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Max said:
As I reinstall the 14GB original. Time to complete it I think.
8GB for me. Are you installing all the languages? I have the Enhanced Edition as well. Downloading the 1.5 patch now.

Max

I am not Max
LiquidMetal14 said:
8GB for me. Are you installing all the languages? I have the Enhanced Edition as well. Downloading the 1.5 patch now.
I guess it installs everything with the Steam version, 14.5GB :<

hylje

Max said:
As I reinstall the 14GB original. Time to complete it I think.

Finished it last year or actually finally started it. Installed it couple years ago and couldn't stop playing until completion.
I feel a bit sad after comparing these screens and the game itself to that thing what Bioware is releasing. But I'm happy that Witcher 2 will deliver what lacks from Bioware lately.
It's CPU/MB upgrade time, since my E6750 won't most likely deliver for this or BF3 :/

GOD ALMIGHTY this looks amazing. No wonder I'm incredibly stoked for this game. Triss Marigold = hot.

I will get whatever components I need to duplicate those screenshots.

hiryu

Man the game really is gorgeous. I guess I should try the first game that has been sitting in my steam backlog for ages now.

Akia

Castor Krieg said:
The main premise:

This is an amazing description. Also the Witcher enjoys fighting barehanded in taverns for money.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
God damn at those shots. The game is looking fantastic. The one where he is running towards a door in the middle of rocks with some patches of grass to the left is mind blowing, I can't stop looking at it.

Castor Krieg said:
The main premise:

I gather the material of the robe was not to the Witcher's satisfaction.

Dennis

Banned
I NEED SCISSORS said:
I gather the material of the robe was not to the Witcher's satisfaction.
He just got robed. ROBED! What do you expect? Witcher is gonna witcher your wife or something I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom