• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 4K Patch for Xbox One X

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Backed up by CDPR's community lead.

b2bLPN3.png

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/874137087938789376

There you go, can we please stop with the 'lol moneyhatted patches' nonsense now.

Some of the comments in this topic have been disappointing to say the least.

There you go, can we please stop with the 'lol moneyhatted patches' nonsense now.

Some of the comments in this topic have been disappointing to say the least.
The comments trying to explain a reason as to why a Dev might have done it bother you more than the entitled "fuck cdpr they betrayed sony, we deserve a pro patch" type comments?

Regardless, everybody is happy and the witch hunt can fucking end.

Lnds500

I was playing Witcher 3 GOTY for the first time on my Pro and I will now wait and see for an ETA on the patch. Wish we had known earlier.

Fucking awesome. I had taken a break from the game but now i'm just gonna wait. This game in 4K...i mean......

I'm gonna assume a 4K/30fps patch and no optional 1080p/60fps right? Because that would be.......sick.

Oynox

Fucking awesome. I had taken a break from the game but now i'm just gonna wait. This game in 4K...i mean......

I'm gonna assume a 4K/30fps patch and no optional 1080p/60fps right? Because that would be.......sick.

I'd prefer 1080p60fps as well. But I do not think that will happen. I actually doubt that we will see native 4K as well. As far as I remember The Witcher 3 has dynamic scaling on Xbox One so it probably will be something else. Maybe we see 1440p/30fps.

Vashetti

Banned
For 60fps you mean?

Yup.

Both PS4 Pro's and XB1 X's CPU are only ~30% better than their predecessors. No where near enough to take a 30fps game to 60fps.

There is one instance where a game has gone from 30fps to 60fps on PS4 Pro, which suggests that game was GPU-bound, rather than CPU-bound.

Vashetti

Banned
I doubt witcher III could hit 60fps on Pro, isn't it one of the games to cause CPU bottlenecks? But tell me isn't the Pros GPU powerful enough to hit 60fps at 1080p?

You've just contradicted yourself.

GPU = resolution
CPU = framerate

Turn the res up or down as much as you like, the CPU isn't strong enough to hit 60fps for a 30fps game.

Falchion

This is good news since The Witcher could really benefit from the extra horsepower, but now I'm going to be tempted to hold off the rest of my playthrough until it comes out.

The comments trying to explain a reason as to why a Dev might have done it bother you more than the entitled "fuck cdpr they betrayed sony, we deserve a pro patch" type comments?

Regardless, everybody is happy and the witch hunt can fucking end.

This is why people need to learn to get the full story before flipping out. Too many people are quick to go after companies.

KamelRed

Neo Member
I've given up waiting for this patch to drop on the Pro. Started up a new game a few days ago. I didn't know savegames didn't carry over from the original game to the GOTY version so that was fun finding that out.

Lister

Banned
Everytime I upgrade my hardware or see anew Witcher 3 thread on GAF I wantI to replay this.

I just wish there was new DLC for it. I fele like I've seen eveyrhting there is to see in the game.

I've given up waiting for this patch to drop on the Pro. Started up a new game a few days ago. I didn't know savegames didn't carry over from the original game to the GOTY version so that was fun finding that out.
It's highly unlikely you will hear anything more about this update until much closer to the X's release date. It sounds like CDPR is waiting on the X to launch so they can release the update at the same time for everyone.

Its the..

"Playstation gets stuff cause its better and developers won't waste their time on a lesser console!"

"Microsoft paid these people off to do this cause they suck how pathetic!>!!!!" mentality

Also if Microsoft ends up getting exclusive patches for the X over the Pro it will probably greatly have to do with how freaking easy it is for developers to do on the X and the added horsepower making it easiser as well.

You've just contradicted yourself.

GPU = resolution
CPU = framerate

Turn the res up or down as much as you like, the CPU isn't strong enough to hit 60fps for a 30fps game.

Oversimplified and therefore wrong.

Framerate depends on both CPU and GPU, resolution depends mainly on GPU. But there are other things that play a role too, like a developer could unburden the CPU by calculating some stuff on the GPU.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
if it's true 4K and not 1440/1800p upscaled then you're all in for a treat. as someone who has been playing it in 4K since 2015 .... it looks beautiful ;)

Pif

Banned
if it's true 4K and not 1440/1800p upscaled then you're all in for a treat. as someone who has been playing it in 4K since 2015 .... it looks beautiful ;)

Does it beat Driveclub tho?

Colour me impressed if this hits native 4k on x1x.

Ps4pro probably will be 2160c.

I love how "CONSOLE MAKER Z isnt paying to keep "THING" off the other console, they are simply paying to get it on their platform first. THATS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT"is the level of discourse for console exclusive deals now

DemWalls

Crossposting from another thread:

Alright,

Two more tidbits after the today's presentation of the results:

- Witcher 3 - 4k patch coming to consoles in a few days

- Nielubowicz (CFO) said that there are 100 people working on the Witcher - followed by daggers look from Kicinski (CEO). It may be that he confused Gwent with The Witcher, but he didn't correct himself. Perhaps they're doing early work on the next Witcher? That's just speculation.

Surprising if true. I expected they'd wait the One X's release.

Top Bottom