• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Enhanced Edition coming 5th Feb. according to French retailer

Better loot drops would be nice. I think i went 10 levels at one point with the same items, despite going through an abundance of hidden treasures.

Hopefully this means Blood and Wine will be out the same day. Do we have a solid release date for that? It was originally supposed to be early 2016, but I feel like I remember hearing about a delay at some point.

Sooner than I expected. Blood & Wine isn't even out yet. It would be awesome if it released on the same date. Interested in seeing what the changes are as well. Gwent online would be nice.

Enhanced Editions have pretty much been massive overhauls for the last two games. Really interested in what they're gonna do with Witcher 3.

TheMoon

"Enhanced edition" is the new "GOTY edition"?

Welcome to your first CD Projekt RED game.

They've been doing this since The Witcher

The Witcher 10/26/07
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 09/16/08

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings 05/17/11
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Enhanced Edition) 04/17/12

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 05/18/15
-?-

GavinUK86

Playing through this right now. Wondering if I should wait...

No point in waiting unless you don't have an internet connection. This'll just be the current up-to-date version with all the DLC I expect... if this is even legit because CDPR said there will never be an Enhanced Edition of 3.

I have the Witcher 2 on 360 but I've been holding off on getting the Witcher 3 because I wanted to finish the former first. I found the combat to be too clunky and cumbersome so I dropped it. Will finishing the Witcher 2 enhance my experience of playing 3 or should I just skip it? It hasn't aged too well.

Playing through this right now. Wondering if I should wait...

The enhanced edition includes all the patches and free dlc. You're not missing anything by playing it right now.
This was the first time they released paid dlc so I don't know if Hearts of Stone is included, but regardless, there's no reason to stop your playthrough.

TheStig88

Going to be starting up the second one for the first time here soon, so this should be just about perfect for me if it turns out to be true.

Daffy Duck

If this comes to consoles and is free I'll certainly jump back in if there's some decent tweaks to it.

Never did get round to complete it.

Really hope this is true.

Dying to play Witcher 3 since it came out but just haven't had the time. A version that includes the DLC and gameplay improvements like W2: EE did would be perfect for me.

The enhanced edition includes all the patches and free dlc. You're not missing anything by playing it right now.
This was the first time they released paid dlc so I don't know if Hearts of Stone is included, but regardless, there's no reason to stop your playthrough.
Yeah, but I wonder if it'll have any significant changes to the core game. Changes that would make playing it for the first time more enioyable(not that I'm not enjoying myself as it is).

I have the Witcher 2 on 360 but I've been holding off on getting the Witcher 3 because I wanted to finish the former first. I found the combat to be too clunky and cumbersome so I dropped it. Will finishing the Witcher 2 enhance my experience of playing 3 or should I just skip it? It hasn't aged too well.

Witcher 2 has absolutely aged well (even the 360 version) and its combat is far superior to Witcher 3's.
You can be a lot less attentive in Witcher 3 though so maybe it could suit you better.
As for the story - every Witcher game is a good enough entry point. I would obviously recommend playing all of them but if you don't like the previous games it's still worth giving 3 a shot.

Nameless

It would be hilarious if the game that actually won 200 some odd GOTY awards didn't brand the all inclusive re-release the Game of the Year Edition.

It would be hilarious if the game that actually won 200 some odd GOTY awards didn't brand the all inclusive re-release the Game of the Year Edition.

We don't know if this includes the expansions. They could release Witcher 3 EE: GotY edition later on if they choose to.

Would be great if true. I am planning on buy a PS4 soon and this is one of the first games I plan on getting. So an updated version with all the DLC would be great. However, the fact that the second dlc isn't even out yet leaves me skeptical. Unless they plan on releasing it without the DLC or with a code, which would seem redundant....

Witcher 2 has absolutely aged well (even the 360 version) and its combat is far superior to Witcher 3's.
You can be a lot less attentive in Witcher 3 though so maybe it could suit you better.
As for the story - every Witcher game is a good enough entry point. I would obviously recommend playing all of them but if you don't like the previous games it's still worth giving 3 a shot.

Interesting viewpoint. I feel The Witcher 2 has by far the worst combat in the series. Even The Witcher 1's clickfest felt more dynamic and engaging.

True Fire

We don't know if this includes the expansions. They could release Witcher 3 EE: GotY edition later on if they choose to.

There's no reason for this to not include the expansions. Worst case scenario, it'll come with a voucher for Blood and Wine.

I'm not sure why they'd release the Enhanced Edition in February though. Possibly to capitalize on all of the GOTY awards? A lot of people just heard of TW3 from all of the media coverage this month.

CHC

I really hope this is true, can't wait for Blood & Wine, which I'm sure is part of the "Enhanced Edition." I remember that Marcin guy teasing on twitter a while ago that he was looking at some exciting new "features" for Blood & Wine, so I expect it will be more than just a content update in that DLC, I think they're really still endeavoring to fix whatever issues people have with the game before putting it in the archive, so to speak.

Rb7YJB5.png

Yeah sure they'll just toggle that "60 FPS" setting that they've been sitting on, no problem at all.

EE has always been a free update in CDPR's past, I doubt they're going to change that now.

Either way you certainly will get your 20's worth with this game.

Oh I will. Though if this version came with all the DLC I would've prefer to wait. Then again adding the season pass then I've got £40 of game. So really, not a huge issue.

Nordicus

I remember that Marcin guy teasing on twitter a while ago that he was looking at some exciting new "features" for Blood & Wine, so I expect it will be more than just a content update in that DLC, I think they're really still endeavoring to fix whatever issues people have with the game before putting it in the archive, so to speak.

Rb7YJB5.png
Hmm, the word "changes" in particular piques my interest.

Daingurse

Nice, hope we're getting a legit enhanced edition like with previous games. Some new content, game-play adjustments, engine improvements . . . lots of potential for good changes.

Whoa this early? But it wouldn't make any sense of the second expansion isn't included.
But if it has all DLC then I'm all over it. I'm so psyched to finally play it.
I'm reading the books right now. Just red another one of the short stories, so brilliant.
But then I also have to replay the second one, so much to do.

JakeD

the EEs were free for W1 and W2, but those games didn't have any paid DLC. so it's pretty safe to assume that W3's EE either won't be free, or won't include any of the expansions

DuffDry

For those experienced with the previous EE's: If this were to be true, what would it mean for current saves? I don't think I'd have it in me to start over, as this game is already going to take me a good chunk of the year to finish due to work commitments.

Orayn

Might be like The Handsome Collection where they bundle the released DLC and give you the unreleased stuff for free.

Leonsito

The first Witcher's Enhanced editions were like a 2.0 version of the vanilla game, not a GOTY edition with DLCS.

And the update will be free for everyone, it's just like printing the new physichal copies with the patches included.

I really hope this is true, can't wait for Blood & Wine, which I'm sure is part of the "Enhanced Edition." I remember that Marcin guy teasing on twitter a while ago that he was looking at some exciting new "features" for Blood & Wine, so I expect it will be more than just a content update in that DLC, I think they're really still endeavoring to fix whatever issues people have with the game before putting it in the archive, so to speak.

Rb7YJB5.png

Yeah sure they'll just toggle that "60 FPS" setting that they've been sitting on, no problem at all.

I forgot about that tweet. It's crazy to think that we could really be less than a month away from Blood & Wine.

GlamFM

Banned
If it´s anything like W2 these enhanced features will come to all versions for free.

Probably a good point for me to jump back in.

Loved W3, but stopped playing for some reason.

the EEs were free for W1 and W2, but those games didn't have any paid DLC. so it's pretty safe to assume that W3's EE either won't be free, or won't include any of the expansions

The enhanced edition and the DLC are obviously two seperate things. No-one is implying they're going to give the DLC away for free, but it's also sort of expected nowdays that retail rereleases include DLC.

It'll be like the Dark souls 2 vanilla vs SOFTS edition where the base game got a patch of balance updates, some added lore via item description changes, balance updates and some other things at the same time as SOFTS releasing.

Cincaid

Welcome to your first CD Projekt RED game.

They've been doing this since The Witcher

The Witcher 10/26/07
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 09/16/08

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings 05/17/11
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Enhanced Edition) 04/17/12

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 05/18/15
-?-

Alright, guess I just got confused wether the enhanced edition would include the expansion packs (alá GOTY-edition) or not, but I guess that's a no to that question then. I'll wait for the full package in that case. :)

Top Bottom