• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Enhanced Edition coming 5th Feb. according to French retailer

There will absolutely be a GOTY edition of W3 this year. They probably mean that we shouldn't expect any serious changes that aren't included with the DLC expansions. No doubt there will be some more improvements to the gameplay, and maybe even a bit of content for free when blood and wine launches, but beyond that? Hard to say.

Makes sense. I didn't expect GOTY/EE until a couple months after Blood & Wine anyway.

Gandour

Neo Member
Does this mean that the Blood and Wine expansion will be released before that date?

EDIT: Oh, no enhanced edition, no need for futher speculation from my part.

~Kinggi~

Banned
People are kind of backwards in their understanding of what an Enhanced Edition is. I mean, the game already is an Enhanced Edition. Theyve released 10 major patches not only fixing bugs but adding and changing features and they are still gonna be adding new shit with new patches. Thats why they said there wouldnt be a new Enhanced release because the game in its current digital form would be it. Only way a new release makes sense is a bundle with the expansions and a new disc release for retail.

People are kind of backwards in their understanding of what an Enhanced Edition is. I mean, the game already is an Enhanced Edition. Theyve released 10 major patches not only fixing bugs but adding and changing features and they are still gonna be adding new shit with new patches. Thats why they said there wouldnt be a new Enhanced release because the game in its current digital form would be it. Only way a new release makes sense is a bundle with the expansions and a new disc release for retail.
Worth noting that Witcher 2's EE also included enhanced graphics/tech, on top of new content. It's not just a bunch of fixes and features.

RPS37

I've been renting this game on XB1 since July last year. Only played the tutorial. Now I don't know what to do.
:(

Edit: maybe nothing to worry about....

Uh, no.
What we have now it's the normal edition, no matter how good it is.

I think it means a version with all the bug fixes in place and any free DLC at least. It would be great to have a physical disc that was the best version, especially if you don't have internet access to download patches.

Tried to find a source earlier in thread, have a link?
I don't think it's true. On the contrary, they've said 2015-2016 is all about The Witcher and that we should expect continuous updates throughout.

If I had to throw a guess, we will be seeing an EE sometime after Blood and Wine is released. If an EE doesn't happen (which I doubt), then we will get a GOTY edition around the same time.

Hahaha..... Nope.

Yeah sure they'll just toggle that "60 FPS" setting that they've been sitting on, no problem at all.

Struggles to hit 30 let alone 60fps on consoles lol

For your PC (dependending on resolution, effects, and specs), 60fps is already there.

They're video game developers, not magicians.

No, that would only happen when it gets ported to the PS6 a decade from now.

Holy shit, I was so obviously joking, guys, come on.

Planet

Hey, François, put up a new store item for that polish game, that is rereleased as Enhanced Edition in February!

Oui! *types* Oh, you meant the other polish game? That one with the zombies? My fault! Will fix it right away... oh snap, too late, the GAF found out already. X(

Braag

The EE will probably just include all the updates so you wont need to download 18gb worth of patches if you buy the game at retail. They will probably later this year release a GOTY edition as well which includes the updates of Enhanced Edition as well as the expansions.

It would be weird for them to not release a goty version considering it won so many.

Missed this. Well that's that then.

Top Bottom