• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Is your system ready - Nvidia official system requirements

Verrrry curious to see comparisons of Gameworks on vs off. I have a 980FTW with a 1440p monitor and I'd rather not have to do 1080p if I don't have to

I got this rig:

Intel I5 4690K
16GB RAM
Geforce GTX 770 4GB

I want 60fps minimum so I probably set the resolution between 720p and 900p with a mixture of high\ultra settings with Gameworks. I don't mind dropping resolution for framerate. I need 60fps or else.

Majukun

I'm confused..if I got info on the game running but on amd,i should post it here or open another thread or what?

Bl@de

But... But was your SYSTEM born ready?!

Of course. The 770 is 10-15% above a 960 so it will be enough for High Settings at 40-50fps. A little tweaking here and there (...for 10h on relase day ending up not playing anything xD) and I will get 50-60fps with HBAO+^^. Don't need Hairworks or 4K. Only problem could be VRAM but I'm optimistic. CPU and everything else is no problem.

Where does the 780ti stand in this? 720p? Medium?

480p, low settings, 20fps with drops. Enjoy :)

Merguson

Banned
How would an i5-4460 and R9 290 perform, theoretically? From the responses in the thread, I assume that it seems we won't really know until people do benchmarks with AMD cards, right? I'm very new to PC gaming.

looks like no downsampled 60 w/ my 970's.
hopefully the pair can keep it locked at 1080x1200

glad to see game ready drivers will be available at launch.
monday night can't come soon enough.

Kinthalis

Banned
LOL. You couldn't sit still for an hour without dragging PS4 through the mud could you? :p

Uhm... he asked for a comparison. The only footage in the wild we have is that of the PC - but without clear indication of settings, and of PS4.

What the hell else am I supposed to compare it with?

I am running a i5 4460, 8 GB Ram with a GTX 960.

I am happy with 1080p on high. Although I am wondering how it will perform in Ultra 1080p? If it is @ 30 fps, I would be happy with that as well.

I have am i5 2500k amd an msi radeon 9850 that overclocks to practically 9870 levels.

I own w3 on steam but am also renting on ps4 as i really don't know which will look better between ps4 and my current rig.

viveks86

Uhm... he asked for a comparison. The only footage in the wild we have is that of the PC - but without clear indication of settings, and of PS4.

What the hell else am I supposed to compare it with?

I know, I know. Just pulling your leg. Notice how my tongue is sticking out in the previous post? :)

Because it's confusing. should I throw my 780 in the trash? lol. Why only show 960 and up? My video card is 1 damn year old for christ sakes. This is bullshit that I even have to consider a new card.

Haha. I feel your pain. But you gotta be practical. How many cards can Nvidia test for one game? You'll just have to figure out how your card performs relative to the ones documented and go from there.

I recently got a new laptop, and I'm not sure how laptops compare to desktop parts.

Witcher 3 comes free with the GPU I got...what can I expect from this:

i7-4710
8GB Dual Channel DDR3L
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M with 3GB GDDR5

Thanks.

reddish

Neo Member
Man, that's steep -- my GTX 680 4gb has been able to handle pretty much every game maxed out or nearly maxed out for years at a smooth framerate, this may be the first time I have to use some medium settings or drop the resolution.

Kinthalis

Banned
I know, I know. Just pulling your leg. Notice how my tongue is sticking out in the previous post? :)

Sorry, but I get a lot of people getting upset at me because I say X GPU is better than a PS4. Like it's some sort of secret I'm supposed to keep my mouth shut about, and not a fact, that most people already know.

;)

Vlaphor

I7 4790k running stock 4.4ghz turbo (but could overclock if need be)
GTX 970
SSD Samsung 840 Evo with proper fixes
8 GB of DDR3
Will be playing in 1080p

Bring it!

Derp

Of course. The 770 is 10-15% above a 960 so it will be enough for High Settings at 40-50fps. A little tweaking here and there (...for 10h on relase day ending up not playing anything xD) and I will get 50-60fps with HBAO+^^. Don't need Hairworks or 4K. Only problem could be VRAM but I'm optimistic. CPU and everything else is no problem.
My man... I know that tweaking feel. Spent days tweaking GTA 5 until i was satisfied hahaha.

Leatherface

Haha. I feel your pain. But you gotta be practical. How many cards can Nvidia test for one game? You'll just have to figure out how your card performs relative to the ones documented and go from there.

I still have hope. :'(

Fox318

Which mobile GPUs by Nvidia are fast enough for this game? Consider to buy a gaming notebook instead of a PS4. So I can use the WLAN of my university for big patches and downloading games.

Right now 980m are 90% as powerfull as a desktop 980m.

The only GPUs to get in a gaming laptop right now are the 970m or 980m.

Unless you get a SLI notebook you probably won't be running at max settings.

Sticking with a 1600X900 monitor was a great decision... For 633,600 less pixels I can keep my 660ti going for at least another year!

Branson

Looks like a CPU upgrade is in my future even though I don't feel like messing with a new motherboard and reinstalling windows and all of that bullshit. 2500k @ 4.5 and a 980 with 8gb ram here. Is that chart still relevant to me?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
AndyBNV, dunno if you are still monitoring this thread, but is this HBAO+ in action on the grass?

The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt.png

Because the grass here looks fantastic. And if that is gameworks enabling that, then Halleluiah, Nvidia just saved Witcher 3: The Grass Hunt.

Dargor

I don't know if this is the right thread for this. I think it is since we're talking about specs and Nvidia, but is there anything new about the 980Ti?

with this new news that 980 won't be running this game at ultra/60 with everything on, I think I'll wait for the Ti and see how things go.

The Titan X is way too pricy here where I live. Just for comparison sakes, I would pay almost the same thing for my entire PC (I74790k/980/MB and all the rest minus Kb&M and Monitor ) I was planning to get, just on the Tintan X.

Daingurse

AndyBNV, dunno if you are still monitoring this thread, but is this HBAO+ in action on the grass?

The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt.png

Because the grass here looks fantastic. And if that is gameworks enabling that, then Halleluiah, Nvidia just saved Witcher 3: The Grass Hunt.

Yeah, the grass really does look good here.

ISee

Looks like a CPU upgrade is in my future even though I don't feel like messing with a new motherboard and reinstalling windows and all of that bullshit. 2500k @ 4.5 and a 980 with 8gb ram here. Is that chart still relevant to me?

Ah a i5 2500k@ 4.5 should be good enough at least this year. Wait for dx12, skylake etc. before buying a new cpu.

heringer

I'm getting to the unconfortable point where it's hard to maintain 60 fps without drastically reducing eye candy, so it's always on that 40+ fps point, which means I should be locking to 30 fps. I wish every PC game had a motion blur option to make 30 fps feel smoother.

Top Bottom