• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 next patch first details - 1.05 (PC), 1.04 (console)

heringer

giphy.gif

Shitty attempt at first gif but, yeah. lol

I'm surprised it took this long, lol.

just ran into a progression bug in (Novigrad area)
"Get Junior"/ "Gangs of Novigrad." I went to the arena with cleaver's gang, but they were all killed in the assault, so i failed the gangs mission. the chosen questline then switched to get junior, but i cannot progress. i got the key and message from igor, i went downstairs and found the hidden wall and torch highlighted red, but i cannot do anything there but ignite the torch. there's no prompts to examine anything in the area

and i see it's not on the list :(

Skitso78

I think the reason the patch is delayed this much is that they need to rebalance the XP system for the whole game to take this fix into account. What I mean is that If they didn't find this issue in the initial play test, the whole game and difficulty curve is balanced for that faulty XP gain and after it's fixed, players will earn "too much" XP.

Them bundling the bug-fix with the big PC patch was a huge mistake. If it was going to take this long they should have just released the XP fix and later did the patch.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I got another bug :(. The daytime regen when out of combat stopped working alltogether. Unless that 500+ HP upgrade made it harder to see the health tick up?

Or I accidentally unequipped it, come to think of it, maybe I did? Perhaps those two particular upgrades cancel eachother out :lol

I have already put 60 hours into this game and I'm barely half way through. The odds I play through it again, knowing my playstyle are thin. This bug means not only will I not be able to get the trophy for lvl 35, I won't even be able to equip the upgraded maxxed witcher armor I have already spent hours looking for and making.

I'll wait until they fix the game.

I had the bug and you are wrong. edit: I'm 400 xp away from level 35, but with two contracts left and the final boxing quest left to do.

I got another bug :(. The daytime regen when out of combat stopped working alltogether. Unless that 500+ HP upgrade made it harder to see the health tick up?

Or I accidentally unequipped it, come to think of it, maybe I did? Perhaps those two particular upgrades cancel eachother out :lol

At some point I respecced to drop that skill, it does way too little in the late game.

"Get Junior"/ "Gangs of Novigrad." I went to the arena with cleaver's gang, but they were all killed in the assault, so i failed the gangs mission. the chosen questline then switched to get junior, but i cannot progress. i got the key and message from igor, i went downstairs and found the hidden wall and torch highlighted red, but i cannot do anything there but ignite the torch. there's no prompts to examine anything in the area

If i remember correctly, the torch opens the hidden wall after you interact with it. There is a letter in one of the chests that continues the quest.
That's a major bummer though. Maybe try reloading an autosave?

KorrZ

Feel bad for everyone who is stuck not playing because of this XP bug :( luckily, I seem to be completely unaffected still at this point (I just watch after every green quest to make sure I get XP).

CDPR needs to get a serious move on with this patch. Certification alone is at least a week so it's bullshit if they haven't submitted it yet even.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
At some point I respecced to drop that skill, it does way too little in the late game.

Oh so it really is a case of diminishing returns? :lol I figured putting points into potion resistance or whatever it is that decreases toxicity and increaess duration is a much better way to go. How do you respec?

Jamaro85

Who should we sell valuables such as necklaces and gold rings to?

Honestly I've held on to these since the beginning for whatever reason. I figured to dismantle them for components but haven't needed too craft anything using them yet. I'm probably going to just check the price offerings from the inn keeps and general merchants and sell them.

Honestly I've held on to these since the beginning for whatever reason. I figured to dismantle them for components but haven't needed too craft anything using them yet. I'm probably going to just check the price offerings from the inn keeps and general merchants and sell them.

I have just been selling them. You don't get much for them really.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I think the reason the patch is delayed this much is that they need to rebalance the XP system for the whole game to take this fix into account. What I mean is that If they didn't find this issue in the initial play test, the whole game and difficulty curve is balanced for that faulty XP gain and after it's fixed, players will earn "too much" XP.

I was thinking the exact same thing. This is actually the best theory, because otherwise the developer is basically saying "XP doesn't matter at all" when they say that this bug wouldn't affect progress.

I don't think you'll have an issue hitting level 35.

Honestly, I think the whole thing is a bit of an overreaction; there's a reason they didn't catch this bug in playtesting. Not sure if it's worse by platform, but I have yet to see a single instance of not getting XP from a quest on my PS4 copy, and believe me, I've been looking. :)

I am far more excited to get the fix so I'm not extinguishing candles repeatedly when trying to talk to somebody. Bugs or no, this is the best game I've played in the last few years regardless of genre.

This.

why??????? its fine even with xp bug as cdpr and tons of others have said. no reason to wait

Yeah I have to say, my progression has been fine despite not getting XP on some random quests. I have not found any fights insurmountable and am actually now starting to get some ass-kicking weapons that may even be over-powered.

That being said, i'm doing lots of side quests and not just mainlining the story.

TM94

I love the game but I'm getting really tired by some of the technical issues I'm encountering on the PS4. Looking forward to the patch.

The city of Novigrad on the PS4 (in my case) is a bit of a technical disaster.

Some pics and stuff like this happens pretty often.

p0hTLO.jpg

t7rvEz.jpg

thelastword

Banned
I love the game but I'm getting really tired by some of the technical issues I'm encountering on the PS4. Looking forward to the patch.

p0hTLO.jpg

t7rvEz.jpg
I highlighted it in pics from one of the videos DF posted, it's terrible.

Kaversmed

p0hTLO.jpg

t7rvEz.jpg

I never experienced anything like this on PS4. How long does it take before the textures fully loads then?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That's not up to CDPR, MS and Sony force every patch/hotfix to go through a certification process to make sure that it doesn't brick the systems.
A smaller focused patch on a major issue will get through faster than a broader one with more things to test.

I never experienced anything like this on PS4. How long does it take before the textures fully loads then?
Same, the only times I've had noticeable texture popin was at the beginning of a cutscene early in the game and for a split second after loading a save or fast traveling.

abundant

A smaller focused patch on a major issue will get through faster than a broader one with more things to test.

But if they did that, patch 1.04 would've been delayed and that also fixes some major issues, hence why they choose to roll it into a giant patch.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Any update on when this patch is hitting? Just noticed the quests aren't giving me any experience...Now I know why Ive been stuck in level 13 forever, this absolutely sucks

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Any update on when this patch is hitting? Just noticed the quests aren't giving me any experience...Now I know why Ive been stuck in level 13 forever, this absolutely sucks

All signs are pointing to next week for PC, which means 2 weeks for console.

I'd love for them to make it so that Roach follows the path to the quest waypoint automatically a la Far Cry 4. It'd be great to be able to look around with the camera while riding instead of focusing on trying to keep him on the right path.

And please speed up the menu/GUI performance and add a way to sort items. Such a pain.

nib95

Banned

p0hTLO.jpg

t7rvEz.jpg

Not a single such issue like this with mine. DF did mention some streaming issues, I wonder if the fact that I have an SSHD drive in my PS4 helps?

All signs are pointing to next week for PC, which means 2 weeks for console.
*Sigh*
For god's sake CDPR, just release a damn fix for no XP bug. I've been hit by it for quite some time and I'm not getting any XP from main quests at all, so I practically can't progress anymore.

And before anyone say it, I've done pretty much most of the side stuff so there really isn't much else left for me to do. (well other than a few high level quests that I can't complete either)

BLunted

Banned
Meh, I gave up waiting for the patch. I uninstalled the game and will come back to it next year after the expansions are out.

III-V

I am on PS4 and have seen this and even worse in Novigrad. The thing is, that this did not even happen before the latest patch was out, from what I recall. At times, it can take up to 15 seconds for everything to load. I once saw nothing but a woman torso walking down the street.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Not a single such issue like this with mine. DF did mention some streaming issues, I wonder if the fact that I have an SSHD drive in my PS4 helps?
I also have an SSHD and I've zero issues with pop in and far less of an issue with framerate compared to what others have reported. It seems crazy that it could he the hard drive but I honestly can't think of any other reason.

III-V

It may not be a bug.
If all of cleaver's men are dead then yes, you fail that quest
. You should try using the force wave on the wall. It is not triggered by the torch, from what I remember.

If i remember correctly, the torch opens the hidden wall after you interact with it. There is a letter in one of the chests that continues the quest.
That's a major bummer though. Maybe try reloading an autosave?

It may not be a bug.
If all of cleaver's men are dead then yes, you fail that quest
. You should try using the force wave on the wall. It is not triggered by the torch, from what I remember.

Tried loading a prior save, and using the sign, neither worked. Booooooooo. Can someone tell me without spoiling if I'm fucked in terms of finishing this mission? There's another objective on the map about meeting some guy

Top Bottom